[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should Vincent Jackson be owned?

42zero

At this point he isn't worth the WW.... he doesn't have any prospect of being traded or playing anywhere this year and until some breaking news changes that don't waste a bench slot with him.

On the CBS pregame yesterday, Charlie Casserly said that VJax will likely sign his tender and put in his 6 games just to make sure he doesn't have to go through with this next season if the CBA changes. The tricky part is, will he even be a part of the team's gameplan when he returns, or do they let him rot at the end of the bench. That's the million dollar question that only the Chargers can answer.

On the CBS pregame yesterday, Charlie Casserly said that VJax will likely sign his tender and put in his 6 games just to make sure he doesn't have to go through with this next season if the CBA changes. The tricky part is, will he even be a part of the team's gameplan when he returns, or do they let him rot at the end of the bench. That's the million dollar question that only the Chargers can answer.

This is why I'm owning him if you have solid depth at WR...Its practically a guarantee he will play the last six weeks, and San Diego will be in the middle of a playoff chase (ideally), and they will decide to swallow their pride and welcome Vincent Jackson..or kick him to the curb. I think he is worth owning since if he is embraced he is a Top-10 WR. Look at what Rivers is doing with Floydd...its scary

This is why I'm owning him if you have solid depth at WR...Its practically a guarantee he will play the last six weeks, and San Diego will be in the middle of a playoff chase (ideally), and they will decide to swallow their pride and welcome Vincent Jackson..or kick him to the curb. I think he is worth owning since if he is embraced he is a Top-10 WR. Look at what Rivers is doing with Floydd...its scary

Then you wouldn't need him ,, but I know what you are saying :wacko:

I bet he plays and plays his best during the NFL playoffs, but otherwise, what's the point?

...a new contract. He isn't the poster child for a stand-up NFL player, so he needs to go out on a good note. IMO he is worth owning if you have the room. What do you hold that deep at WR or RB to take the spot? A bye week fill you could pick up a week before? At 18 or 19 on the roster he's worth owning. At 16, prolly not.

I agree with Opie. It wouldn't surprise me to see some sour grapes from VJax, and I'm not so sure he'd be welcomed back with open arms. I think what Rivers is doing right now with Floyd is essentially proving to VJax that they don't need him. How would it affect team chemistry if all of a sudden they let VJax right back in to reclaim the WR1 position? If they are playing well, I don't think VJax gets welcomed back. But if they are struggling on offense, maybe they do welcome him back. It also isn't out of the question to expect VJax to pull a hammy within a game or two of coming back since that seems to be the trend with holdouts. They aren't in game shape when they finally sign generally.

They aren't in game shape when they finally sign generally.

Not much to worry about that since he can't play for 3 weeks after he signs. Plenty of time to get into shape.

Right now VJ is holding out, not suspended. Once he signs, then he's suspended.