[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dion Branch

weebo

I don't think it's that complicated. Branch used to be their starting flanker. They went and brought him back.... obviously at Brady's request.

I think Brandon Tate is complete toast, in terms of offensive snaps. What am I missing?

That Deion Branch is a few surgeries and years slower than he used to be? He is by no means a deep threat in any way, shape or form, which is why it's odd to see the Huddle News items talking about him as such. He's a route runner. Brady wanted another guy he could trust, so they went out and got him . . . sadly, I think they'll find that this isn't the same guy they got rid of a few years ago. He'll be useful but I think the Pats are in trouble if they're really planning on relying on him too much.

No question Branch takes snaps from Tate. Branch and Welker will be the starting WR's, and Patriots supposedly will be going to 2 TE sets with hernandez and Gronkowski. Where is Tate?

Supposedly? They've been doing it since week 1. Deion Branch is not a starting WR in this league - Seattle was only playing him to showcase him for a trade. I assume that Branch will be a flanker in 3 WR sets, with Welker moving to the slot. I'm sure he'll get some reps in 2 WR sets but I think it's nuts to assume he's the "starting" flanker.

If people want to talk about Tates, Golden might be the one to own b/c he'll in all likelihood step into Branch's role in Seattle . . . and he can actually run.

Added B.Tate last week, but while I think he's still the best fit in my league (1pt - 50 ret. yds + TDs), I think Branch's contribution will be to make both of these guys pull-your-hair-out plays as you'll never know which of them will have a good game week-to-week. Branch is still available, but the Seahawk fan in me just can't pick him up. I think having both and deciding who to start at WR3 would drive me insane.

As far as Golden Tate vs. Deon Butler in SEA, Butler definitely has a better grasp of the offense than Tate, but he his a traditional deep-threat, where Tate is a YAC guy. Since Hasselbeck deals with jailbreaks on most plays (thanks,O-Line) the deep-ball hasn't had a place in the offense for a while. I'd go Butler for now, since he was tabbed as the most-improved player on the team going into the season, but the Seahawks offense isn't bad because of who they're starting at WR, but who they're starting on the OL.

9 catches in his first game back :tup:

Welker is now officially on the FF trade bait block. Brady loves Branch and will continue to outproduce Welker.

Or they might have just wanted to give him a crash course in re-acclimation so he would be up to speed. Or maybe that was just the gameplan for that particular match-up. Or Beilchick just wanted to rub Randys nose in the fact that anybody can come in and produce numbers like he was in that spot.

:wacko:

Man was I wrong about Branch - shocked at how much they leaned on him in his first game back. Pats' whole WE crew is a mess for fantasy purposes right now.