[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 1-3 Cowboys vs. The 1-3 Vikings Wow

Cowboyz1

Man oh Man do we have a game this weekend. Both teams in need of a win desperately. It has been said here by fans of and against this years Cowboys that Wade is a bad coach. I have defended him saying that this is a good team that is simply losing for whatever reasons.

So let's inject a bit of logic in here.

When the Cowboys beat Houston in Houston they were either a good team with good coaching that nutted up or they are a bad team that got lucky the Texans played poorly. When the Cowboys lost to the Titans, they were either a bad team that is poorly coached and thus did what bad teams do, lose. OR They are a good team with good coaching that played pretty well and lost. It can't be both.

I am so tired of people blaming Wade for losing, then when they win saying the team played well in spite of the coaching. You can't have it both ways.

This Cowboys team has to find itself and right now. The Vikings are also in a pit. Farve played them back into the game but in the end a pick 6 ends it. Now I don't hear the media bashing the Vikings nearly as much as the Cowboys. Nor do I hear so much bashing about Childress. Oh but they have excuses, Harvin, Farve's Elbow, Rice out. They looked pretty dangerous to me tonight!

So let me set this up for some Closure on this years Cowboys.

Are the Vikings a bad team with a bad coach? No. They have AP, Farve, good O line, good D line. I don't think anyone would argue that the Vikings are loaded and well coached but losing right now. Yet they sit at 1-3. Same as the Cowboys. One could argue that the Vikings losing to NO, MIA, and NY is better then WAS, CHI, and TENN. One could also argue that it really doesn't matter because the Saints aren't playing very well, and the Bears, WAS and TENN are playing pretty good right now. So let's just throw out the teams each has lost to and just focus on the Cowboys and Vikings.

So here it is. There is only two ways this thing can go Sunday. Either Wade gets this team ready to play and they come together and beat the Vikings, a well coached team with, a stud RB, a Legend at QB, one of the best WR to play the game in Moss, and very stingy Defense or they get beat and face Mt Everest to salvage the season.

Now if they win, it can't be that they just had the talent to overcome bad coaching because many have argued here that they aren't that talented. Nor can they be poorly coached because the same have argued that with all that talent the coaching is why this team is losing.

Both teams are looking 1-4 straight in the face, and that alone better bring the best out of everyone.

So you see. One way or another we are going to have some answers on Sunday and we will all have to face the facts. Win or lose, one side will get to Put UP while the other will have to SHUT UP. If they win, Wade bashers are going to have to admit that Wade is a solid coach and good teams lose. Because they will have just beat a good team with a good coach in as close to a Must Win elimination game as you can get in week 5 of a season.

So there it is..............................ohboyohboyohboyohboy..............Ga

me on. I don't know what's gonna happen but I am reminded how much I love the NFL for just this kind of anticipation. I am already nervous after watching Farve, and Harvin while also knowing Moss will have another week to cram, getting up to speed with the offense.

Wow week 5 and already we have a monstrous game.

On a side note: I sure wish we'd have put Folk on IR for a year and have him for this year. Kickers errrrrrr...........

Edited by Cowboyz1

Man oh Man do we have a game this weekend. Both teams in need of a win desperately. It has been said here by fans of and against this years Cowboys that Wade is a bad coach. I have defended him saying that this is a good team that is simply losing for whatever reasons.

So let's inject a bit of logic in here.

When the Cowboys beat Houston in Houston they were either a good team with good coaching that nutted up or they are a bad team that got lucky the Texans played poorly. When the Cowboys lost to the Titans, they were either a bad team that is poorly coached and thus did what bad teams do, lose. OR They are a good team with good coaching that played pretty well and lost. It can't be both.

I am so tired of people blaming Wade for losing, then when they win saying the team played well in spite of the coaching. You can't have it both ways.

This Cowboys team has to find itself and right now. The Vikings are also in a pit. Farve played them back into the game but in the end a pick 6 ends it. Now I don't hear the media bashing the Vikings nearly as much as the Cowboys. Nor do I hear so much bashing about Childress. Oh but they have excuses, Harvin, Farve's Elbow, Rice out. They looked pretty dangerous to me tonight!

So let me set this up for some Closure on this years Cowboys.

Are the Vikings a bad team with a bad coach? No. They have AP, Farve, good O line, good D line. I don't think anyone would argue that the Vikings are loaded and well coached but losing right now. Yet they sit at 1-3. Same as the Cowboys. One could argue that the Vikings losing to NO, MIA, and NY is better then WAS, CHI, and TENN. One could also argue that it really doesn't matter because the Saints aren't playing very well, and the Bears, WAS and TENN are playing pretty good right now. So let's just throw out the teams each has lost to and just focus on the Cowboys and Vikings.

So here it is. There is only two ways this thing can go Sunday. Either Wade gets this team ready to play and they come together and beat the Vikings, a well coached team with, a stud RB, a Legend at QB, one of the best WR to play the game in Moss, and very stingy Defense or they get beat and face Mt Everest to salvage the season.

Now if they win, it can't be that they just had the talent to overcome bad coaching because many have argued here that they aren't that talented. Nor can they be poorly coached because the same have argued that with all that talent the coaching is why this team is losing.

Both teams are looking 1-4 straight in the face, and that alone better bring the best out of everyone.

So you see. One way or another we are going to have some answers on Sunday and we will all have to face the facts. Win or lose, one side will get to Put UP while the other will have to SHUT UP. If they win, Wade bashers are going to have to admit that Wade is a solid coach and good teams lose. Because they will have just beat a good team with a good coach in as close to a Must Win elimination game as you can get in week 5 of a season.

So there it is..............................ohboyohboyohboyohboy..............Ga

me on. I don't know what's gonna happen but I am reminded how much I love the NFL for just this kind of anticipation. I am already nervous after watching Farve, and Harvin while also knowing Moss will have another week to cram, getting up to speed with the offense.

Wow week 5 and already we have a monstrous game.

On a side note: I sure wish we'd have put Folk on IR for a year and have him for this year. Kickers errrrrrr...........

:wacko: Jeebus take up reading books and stop writing them. You need a hobby besides Cowboy crazy homer my man!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

:wacko: Jeebus take up reading books and stop writing them. You need a hobby besides Cowboy crazy homer my man!

Once upon a time there was this guy who read and read and read and read. At the end of all that reading he wondered why the guy wrote all that reading material. Then suggested to the writer guy that he should read instead of write. So the writer guy took his suggestion and stopped writing...................You know what happened then?

Once upon a time there was this guy who read and read and read and read. At the end of all that reading he wondered why the guy wrote all that reading material. Then suggested to the writer guy that he should read instead of write. So the writer guy took his suggestion and stopped writing...................You know what happened then?

Everyone rejoiced :wacko:

Ah I really do respect the enthusiasm..... But your still crazy! Hey at least your teams 1-3. I got an 0-5 team underachieving like nobodies business! :tup:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Everyone rejoiced :wacko:

No silly, the reader guy came back to see if there was anything the writer guy had left for him to read............DUHHHHH. So the writer guy decided to write again. And this is what he said:

You don't have to read what I write, but if you do, just read and if you don't like what you read or feel disappointed, feel free to move on and

READ SOMETHING ELSE but why bash me for writing in a FORUM? :tup:

Yes, I am crazy Cowboyz1. For sure.

Edited by Cowboyz1

No silly, the reader guy came back to see if there was anything the writer guy had left for him to read............DUHHHHH. So the writer guy decided to write again. And this is what he said:

You don't have to read what I write, but if you do, just read and if you don't like what you read or feel disappointed, feel free to move on and

READ SOMETHING ELSE but why bash me for writing in a FORUM? :tup:

:wacko:

I got an 0-5 team underachieving like nobodies business! :wacko:

All kidding aside, I thought the niners would be better also. I like Mike as your coach a lot and want him to do well. There again, I think they are a good football team that has made some bad plays to lose. Alex Smith is just not a good QB though, and that is killing this team.

This has been a crazy year so far and the real contenders are anyone's guess.

Edited by Cowboyz1

All kidding aside, I thought the niners would be better also. I like Mike as your coach a lot and want him to do well. There again, I think they are a good football team that has made some bad plays to lose. Alex Smith is just not a good QB though, and that is killing this team.

This has been a crazy year so far and the real contenders are anyone's guess.

I don't think there's such a thing as an 0-5 good football team. The two terms cannot co-exist.

Now I don't hear the media bashing the Vikings nearly as much as the Cowboys. Nor do I hear so much bashing about Childress. Oh but they have excuses, Harvin, Farve's Elbow, Rice out. They looked pretty dangerous to me tonight!

You have Homer ears - Big arse Homer ears :wacko:

It has been said here by fans of and against this years Cowboys that Wade is a bad coach. I have defended him saying that this is a good team that is simply losing for whatever reasons.

Hmmmm....thought Wade was a genius. :wacko:

On another note, Moss was a timely acquisition by the Vikings. He's been a Cowboy-Killer throughout his career, and I think this move swings the advantage to the Vikings this week. As we saw last night, however, Favre is as mistake-prone as Romo, so it's likely that a late miscue will turn this game. Since the game is in Minnesota, I think Romo will be the culprit, unfortunately. On the other hand, I haven't been able to pick my way out of a paper sack this season, to take that prediction for what it's worth.

Back to the big picture, though. Dallas is looking at the possibility of a 2-6 record at the midpoint if they do not show discipline in this game. The Giants are playing tough, and the Pack are a tough out at home. That leaves the Jacksonville game in Dallas as the only 'sure thing', but the way the dogs are barking this year, who knows what might happen.

:wacko: Cowboyz, you are an eternal optimist. Ill give you that. One thing this game brings that is very rare to see, is two brilliant coaching minds playing the ultimate chess match in the ultimate fight.

Edited by whomper

:wacko: Cowboyz, you are an eternal optimist. Ill give you that. One thing this game brings that is very rare to see, is two brilliant coaching minds playing the ultimate chess match in the ultimate fight.

My bad, I thought people thought Childress was pretty good and the Vikings, well were talented but not playing very good. I was under the impression that playing the Jets to a pick 6 with 2 left was not to bad.

Had I have know most think this is a tard fight, then I would have set it up that way.

My bad, I thought people thought Childress was pretty good and the Vikings, well were talented but not playing very good. I was under the impression that playing the Jets to a pick 6 with 2 left was not to bad.

Had I have know most think this is a tard fight, then I would have set it up that way.

Like Whomp said, the coaching talent in this game will be epic. I loved Childress wasting a time out to go for a 2 point conversion that he never should have gone for to begin with only to miss said 2 point conversion. I mean, you can't teach quality coaching like that, either you have it or you don't.

I think the Wade bashing is overblown too but wouldn't put him up for any awards. MIN coaching, otoh (may or may not be mostly/all Childress), IMO blows. For ex why did they (or you could argue Favre as well) keep trying to force it to Moss when he was blanketed and they could have pulled a NE and used him at least on occasion as a decoy and (for ex) dumped it off to Peterson, to say nothing of how many bad passes Favre was tossing? Play-calling for DAL though (near as I could tell/saw) was fine, but for them it was more the execution that wasn't happening.