[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre is back

CrimsonGhost

Favre didn't throw much in the first half?

But yeah, Harvin was beasting on Revis all night. He could have had another monster gain if Favre didn't over throw him in the fourth.

Edited by v0dka

Amazing how Favre starts grabbing his elbow as soon as he realizes that the Vikes are going to lose. He is like the kid in pee wee football that lays on the ground in pain every time he fumbles or makes a bad play. His act is getting old.

I do have him in my biggest money league, so I hope he is fantasy relevant again. I just don't care for his theatrics.

Amazing how Favre starts grabbing his elbow as soon as he realizes that the Vikes are going to lose. He is like the kid in pee wee football that lays on the ground in pain every time he fumbles or makes a bad play. His act is getting old.

I do have him in my biggest money league, so I hope he is fantasy relevant again. I just don't care for his theatrics.

If I remember right, he wasn't grabbing his arm while his team was sucking it up in the first half. Only when he started to do well late in the game. Plus tendinitis in the elbow area sucks, and would get worse the longer he is out there...

Just sayin...

he was grabbing it like it was going to fall off, then throws a dart the next play.

make it stop brett, and please put your shaft back in your jockstrap. thanks.

If I remember right, he wasn't grabbing his arm while his team was sucking it up in the first half. Only when he started to do well late in the game. Plus tendinitis in the elbow area sucks, and would get worse the longer he is out there...

Just sayin...

Just wait until he plays in a really cold environment. Tendinitis is a b**ch in the cold -- and it's not gonna get any better seeing that this is how it is AFTER a bye.

Also, consider this: the fumbles -- yeah, it's wet, but the tendons that flare up in the elbow are related to the muscles in the forearm that GRIP the ball. I expect to see a lot more fumbles this year, not less, out of Mr. Favre.

Imagine when they don't play the jets? Percy is going to BEAST, Everyone kept saying Moss one dimensional? He was throwing on the first play.

Word. If I were a coach I'd gameplan for those throws.

I guess I'm the only one who noticed another multiple turnover game for Favre, which could have easily been more.

lol @ people itching to jump on Favre's nutsack again. He's a turd in every sense of the word. Pass

Word. If I were a coach I'd gameplan for those throws.

I guess I'm the only one who noticed another multiple turnover game for Favre, which could have easily been more.

lol @ people itching to jump on Favre's nutsack again. He's a turd in every sense of the word. Pass

Rain, Jets, and Favre Tendinitis will cause for some turnovers. Hell he holds all the records for turnovers. But he also holds the record for Tds and with Moss i can't see how you would bench him. Chances are if you have Favre on your roster you drafted him to play. Also Favre has a history of fumbling in the rain.

Edited by CrimsonGhost

I think is arm is in bad shape.

If it's just tendonitis, then he should be fine - should just be a pain tolerance thing. Even if it's more than that, I assume he continues to play as long as he can - he won't need the elbow after this season anyway.

I didn't see anything mechanically wrong with his arm when he threw - seemed to me that the bad balls he threw were either (i) off balance or (ii) typical Favre idiocy.

Rain, Jets, and Favre Tendinitis will cause for some turnovers. Hell he holds all the records for turnovers. But he also holds the record for Tds and with Moss i can't see how you would bench him. Chances are if you have Favre on your roster you drafted him to play. Also Favre has a history of fumbling in the rain.

Rain and all the other excuses are just that - sorry not buying it - if you're starting him your QBs must really blow or you don't penalize turnovers.

I could add some joke about holding onto other things way better than the football but I'm sure there's plenty going around already :wacko:

if you're starting him your QBs must really blow or you don't penalize turnovers.

Listen, you can dislike the guy all you want, but that statement is absurd.

In performance scoring that penalizes -1 point for each turnover, Only Romo, Rivers and Orton outperformed Favre. And Favre played one of the best defenses in the NFL on the road in less then perfect weather conditions.

He outscored the likes of Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, McNabb, Ryan, etc.

Let's keep it real here. With Harvin, Moss, Schiancoe, and Peterson, Brett Favre will most likely be a top 5 QB the rest of the way.

Let's keep it real here. With Harvin, Moss, Schiancoe, and Peterson, Brett Favre will most likely be a top 5 QB the rest of the way.

Likely? It's possible but I don't think it's likely at all. Favre doesn't look the same as he did last year, when he was barely a top 5 QB. A huge reason for his top 5 finish was his ridiculous 33/7 TD/INT ratio, which we all know he isn't duplicating this year . . . especially not if he keeps throwing like he did last night (my god did he get lucky on some of those throws to Moss). Top 10 I'd say is likely but top 5 is being way too optimistic.

Likely? It's possible but I don't think it's likely at all. Favre doesn't look the same as he did last year, when he was barely a top 5 QB. A huge reason for his top 5 finish was his ridiculous 33/7 TD/INT ratio, which we all know he isn't duplicating this year . . . especially not if he keeps throwing like he did last night (my god did he get lucky on some of those throws to Moss). Top 10 I'd say is likely but top 5 is being way too optimistic.

His first 3 games were without a stud WR, I think that has to be considered. He doesn't have a groove with Moss yet, and look at what they did in the first game. Once he gets more in synch with Moss, their numbers will improve, which will also open Harvin up even more. I stick to what I said, from a fantasy perspective, Favre will most likely be a top 5 QB from here on out. Again, just an opinion of course. Not to mention the original argument stated that he shouldn't be on anyone's roster, so even if he finishes top 10 that statement is ridiculous.

Not to mention the original argument stated that he shouldn't be on anyone's roster, so even if he finishes top 10 that statement is ridiculous.

indeed - that's not a very defensible position

Listen, you can dislike the guy all you want, but that statement is absurd.

In performance scoring that penalizes -1 point for each turnover, Only Romo, Rivers and Orton outperformed Favre. And Favre played one of the best defenses in the NFL on the road in less then perfect weather conditions.

He outscored the likes of Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, McNabb, Ryan, etc.

Sorry but basing your opinion of him on ONE week is absurd. And even that is weak: OK, he finally connected on a FEW throws. Yipee. He also still can't hold onto the ball (did the same under clear skies), made a lot of bad throws AND decisions, scrambles like Bernie Kosar, possible arm/elbow issues, etc etc etc.

He will have his moments, but I will be nothing less than shocked if he manages top 5 the rest of the way. This isn't the Favre (or even Moss) of yesteryear, but it seems people are putting blinders on and pretending they are. Just about the ONLY reason Favre has any value whatsoever is the ton of overall talent around him. I'm not saying he isn't roster worthy, but I would not be happy with him as my starter.

Edited by BeeR

Sorry but basing your opinion of him on ONE week is absurd. And even that is weak: OK, he finally connected on a FEW throws. Yipee. He also still can't hold onto the ball (did the same under clear skies), made a lot of bad throws AND decisions, scrambles like Bernie Kosar, possible arm/elbow issues, etc etc etc.

He will have his moments, but I will be nothing less than shocked if he manages top 5 the rest of the way. This isn't the Favre (or even Moss) of yesteryear, but it seems people are putting blinders on and pretending they are. Just about the ONLY reason Favre has any value whatsoever is the ton of overall talent around him. I'm not saying he isn't roster worthy, but I would not be happy with him as my starter.

I'm happy with anyone slinging the ball to Randy Moss as my starter.

Yeah that was pure luck when he dropped that pass right into moss' arms for a touchdown. i didn't catch every play but i can't remember 1 play to Moss that could be interpreted as lucky.

Yeah, I expect Favre to run real hot here for awhile. He has the weapons to do his thing now. I agree he wil be top 5-ish while he is in there. But it just can't last. I don't think there were any theatrics with Favre. The dude is 40 years old. I'm sure most of his body is in pain most of the season. young people won't be able to fully understand that.

My take is this. Favre hangs on for as long as he can, but soon a piece of him will fall off, and Tarvaris Jackson will become the starting quarterback for the Vikings for the remainder of the season. I am 100% convinced he will not go the distance.

Yeah, I expect Favre to run real hot here for awhile. He has the weapons to do his thing now. I agree he wil be top 5-ish while he is in there. But it just can't last. I don't think there were any theatrics with Favre. The dude is 40 years old. I'm sure most of his body is in pain most of the season. young people won't be able to fully understand that.

My take is this. Favre hangs on for as long as he can, but soon a piece of him will fall off, and Tarvaris Jackson will become the starting quarterback for the Vikings for the remainder of the season. I am 100% convinced he will not go the distance.

He's actually 41.

Vinny Teste's played pretty effectively until he was like 43 or 44.

He hasn't missed a game in 20 years. you might be right. he might not make it through the season. but to say you're 100% convinced? not sure how you get to that.

One game? Brett has done it for how many years? Think what you want but when you make comments that he is not a fantasy starter you are completely wrong. Can you name 10 better starters?

Edited by CrimsonGhost

One game? Brett has done it for how many years? Think what you want but when you make comments that he is not a fantasy starter you are completely wrong. Can you name 10 better starters?

It may be true that I based my analysis on one game, but that game was against the Jets, one of the best defenses in the NFL, at home, in bad weather. He's basing his comments on 3 games where Favre had no #1 WR. Based on that, I think my argument holds more water than his. But of course that's just my humble opinion. If Favre stays healthy enough to play, which I think he will contrary to Ratsass' thoughts, I can't name 10 better starters. I'd probably struggle to find 5 with the offensive weapons at Favre's disposal.

He's actually 41.

Vinny Teste's played pretty effectively until he was like 43 or 44.

He hasn't missed a game in 20 years. you might be right. he might not make it through the season. but to say you're 100% convinced? not sure how you get to that.

I don't know how I got to this either. Other than the fact that I have been 41 - minus all the hits Favre has taken. You just can't ignore the crucial injuries. Elbow tendenitis in his throwing elbow. Winter is coming. The ankle, still an issue. Favre has been a warrior, but at some point even his will cannot override biology. How I am so completely convinced this is going to happen this season? Maybe just gut feeling with a whole heap of realistic concerns thrown in. All I know is I am absolutely certain of this, and when that is the case I am never wrong. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, just thought you all should know.