[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frank Gore

jbran23

Im a Gore owner and a 49ers fan but he really hasnt looked good this year. Hes had one really good game against the Saints (his only 100 yd rushing game) but save for some garbage time production he just hasnt looked good in the others. He has been saving me in the passing game but how long can I depend on that for? Sunday nights game against Philly he had all he could do to stay on his feet. There were a handful of plays where he just slipped down without even being touched. Are any of the other Frank Gore owners in panic mode yet?

Edited by jbran23

No. Just take the production while it's there. He is one of the few non-RBBC backs left and I'm happy to have him on two teams.

Okay, "panic mode" might be a bad choice of words. But I feel like I should maybe start exploring some possible trades. You cant argue that he hasnt looked good running the ball. His YPC average is sitting at 3.5 which is WAY down from the 4.9 of last year. It just doesnt seem like he has the same burst that I have been accustomed to seeing from him in the past.

Okay, "panic mode" might be a bad choice of words. But I feel like I should maybe start exploring some possible trades. You cant argue that he hasnt looked good running the ball. His YPC average is sitting at 3.5 which is WAY down from the 4.9 of last year. It just doesnt seem like he has the same burst that I have been accustomed to seeing from him in the past.

In the two leagues in which I own him, he's 3rd and 4th in FF points scored by RBs, ahead of several other RB luminaries such as AP (granted AP has had a bye week). I take your point about his YPC but I'd have to be offered a really good trade involving a top RB to give him up. If you're worried after Monday's showing, don't forget the Philly D was going top 5 in FF drafts this year.

it's the overall ineptitude of the offense - I don't think it's him at all

Thats a good point and I have thought about that as well. I live on the east coast so I dont get to see many Niners games. I know the offensive line has 2 rookies on it so it might be possible hes just not getting the holes. Also, teams might just be stacking the box to stop Gore and forcing Alex to throw. Whether its Frank himself or its just the team around him I dont know.

Are any of the other Frank Gore owners in panic mode yet?

What are you talking about? He's ranked anywhere from #2 to 6 depending on the scoring system. Given that you spent no higher than a #4 overall choice on him I'd say he's just fine. :wacko:

Edited by Pope Flick

I saw on Yahoo Fantasy updates that the recommendation was to try to trade Gore and that his production was underwhelming, blah, blah, blah.

One look at the stats says the same as the guys here- he is one of the top RBs regardless of format. If you look at the "studs" who were around Gore on draft day (Rice, MJD, AJ, etc.) I am happy with Gore's production.

Im just trying to stay one step ahead. Fantasy Football is about anticipation. I just dont know how much you can rely on his numbers he is getting in the passing game. He has 322 rushing yards through 5 games which is 16th in the NFL. Guys like Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hiliis, LT, and DMC all have more yards with either less games or far fewer carries. Add to that he has 4 fumles (2 lost) and just one rushing TD and his long carry of the year so far is just 20 yards. I think all of these things should be cause for just a little concern at least for me anyway.

Im just trying to stay one step ahead. Fantasy Football is about anticipation. I just dont know how much you can rely on his numbers he is getting in the passing game. He has 322 rushing yards through 5 games which is 16th in the NFL. Guys like Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hiliis, LT, and DMC all have more yards with either less games or far fewer carries. Add to that he has 4 fumles (2 lost) and just one rushing TD and his long carry of the year so far is just 20 yards. I think all of these things should be cause for just a little concern at least for me anyway.

I see no reason to worry. He's getting all the touches and it's not like anyone is breathing down his neck. He's always been very active in the passing game - that's not going to simply disappear. He's got nowhere to go but up and "down", for him, is still very good.

I see no reason to worry. He's getting all the touches and it's not like anyone is breathing down his neck. He's always been very active in the passing game - that's not going to simply disappear. He's got nowhere to go but up and "down", for him, is still very good.

You are right, Gore has always been an active back in the passing game. This year it has been far more than ever before though and thats where alot of his value this year has come from. He leads the team in receptions and up until this week when Vernon Davis passed him, he was leading the team in receiving yards. I just dont see a way where that continues for the rest of the year. At some point those numbers will start to even. Will his running game be able to sustain his value when and if it does?

You are right, Gore has always been an active back in the passing game. This year it has been far more than ever before though and thats where alot of his value this year has come from. He leads the team in receptions and up until this week when Vernon Davis passed him, he was leading the team in receiving yards. I just dont see a way where that continues for the rest of the year. At some point those numbers will start to even. Will his running game be able to sustain his value when and if it does?

if they start getting the other receivers more involved, that will only serve to open up the running game . . . he'll be fine

The HC philisophy for game planning is what's slowing down Gore. Singletary does nothing to open up the playbook to spread the defense out and open up room for Gore. The majority of the passing game is dink and dunk so on running or passing plays the defense is tight on the line. The Eagles had the 27th ranked run D from what I read and Gore couldn't pop any big runs. I blame this mostly on offensive scheme. The rookie O lineman are still learning mostly on the passing protection, but on the run game they're fine.

With all that said, the niners schedule softens up for the rest of the year so if there was an owner in one of my leagues offering Gore on the cheap, or in panick mode, I would jump on him.

Gore will have better running games in the future but this as a Gore owner I don't EVER sell his stock unless I could trade him for a guy like AP basically straight up....he is COMPLETELY healthy which is better than nearly any RB can say, no injury reports at all so far, and has Top-5 production and this is while the 49ers are playing their worst offense ever...I mean I for one certainly think the 49ers offense will improve VASTLY by the end of the year, last night we say Vernon Davis finally recognized by Smith and same with Crabtree..once all the pieces come along Gore can excel even more!

I am a Gore owner and loving it.

Here is all you need to know:

Oak

Car

Denver

STL

TB

ARI

GB

SEA

SD

STL

ARI

A better schedule does not exist for a RB who gets all the carries and is involved in the passing game....

as had been mentioned: he has played some tough d's, vanilla playcalling, no respect for passing game, heavily involved in passing game, no rbbc, still high producers!!!

enjoy the ride...only trade him if you want to upgrade 2 other positions.