[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buy Lows

bostonsoxandy

So far who are the guys you HAVE to buy low on? I'm posting this because I can't really see any obvious ones, maybe Greene but its not like he can turn it on unless LT gets injured....anyone else you guys have your eyes on?

People in my leagues don't trade. You offer something, and they'll come back wanting your #1 overall pick. Earlier this year, I offered Vick and DeAngelo for M Turner and whatever trash the owner wanted to dump. Offer sat there for three days without even a comment, so I finally pulled it off the table.

Then I kicked his ass this week. Snicker.

I would've said Favre, but . . . Expecting that the Vikings would pick somebody up, last week I nearly completed a trade of Favre for Jennings. Of course, the Favre owner cancelled our pending trade upon news of the Moss acquisition. Now I don't really have anybody on the tip of my toungue.

Arian Foster might make it to Buy Low status, based on the number of people /wristing over his performance this last week. I'd try to pry him away by offering players that fill Foster owners' bye week needs(but by no means equal in value to Foster outright) and see if the trade gets accepted.

Michael Crabtree might not qualify as Buy Low after his breakout game against the Eagles, but if you can still get him cheap, he's worth stashing methinks.

Hines Ward/Mike Wallace have to be considered good Buy Low prospects, with Big Ben back for the Steelers.

MJD might be Buy Low fodder if his owner(s) are frustrated enough to let him go below his value.

Anyone injured that you can safely wait out til they return - FInley, Rodgers and the like come to mind.

Ochocinco is the first one to pop into my head.... He has had one big game so far but other than that he's been showed up by TO for the past 2 weeks... I've heard arguements that teams can't double team both of them but the honest true is he is Robin the boy wonder.

Mike Thomas isn't excatly a buy low but his stock is slowly rising and now might be the time to snag him off WW or trade low for him... He's had back to back consistant outings and IMO have a breakout game soon.

Santonio Holmes he had a decnet comeback but the major problem is he didn't outshine Braylon Edwards... Right now the #1 WR is up in the air with Holme and Edwards both gettin a spilt # of targets. You can go get him low right now

The problem is that owners who have "buy low" players hang onto the hope they will go up in value.

It's easier to list players who should be buy lows but owners won't budge.

Brees: Should be a buy low. The NO offense is struggling, no Bush, no PT and it shows. The play calling isn't hat it weas last year either. Super Bowl hangover, but owners will hold on....

Fitz: He will be lucky to end up in the top 20

Any Dallas RB: Whether they own Choice, Jones or Barber, they all think that their guy will be the guy. I want no part of any of them, but owners think they will somehow save them.

Lynch: No RB is going to be worth squat on Seattle until they can get some semlance of run blocking.

Crabtree; One good game, and owners think he has arrived this year.

D Jackson: Owners will ride him right over the cliff.

One possible buy low is S Smith NYG.

RB: Maybe Jahvid Best is a decent buy low. But he might stay dinged all year too. If he doesn't do much this weekend vs. the Giants, making an offer next week during Best's bye would be the perfect time to try.

TE: How about John Carlson? He had that clunker at St. Louis before the bye, but he's still heavily targeted by Hasselbeck and the Seahawks have a nice schedule coming up that should benefit Carlson. Plus, with so many unproven and raw WRs, Carlson seems like the default #1 guy there now. No?

QB: Perhaps Jay Cutler is a decent buy low. Let's face it... The Bears ran into a buzzsaw in New York week before last. Prior to that point, Cutler had looked decent. Not great, but still putting up good numbers. You'd have to live with the inconsistencies, but his value is certainly low right now without a doubt.

WR: How frustrating has Marques Colston's season been? Averaging 5 catches and under 60 yards and has zero TDs. His value can't get much lower.

I agree with the comment about people not wanting to sell low. Most owners of the above players would prefer to sink with the ship in hopes of a turn around. From my experience, the key to pulling off a good buy low is to try to help the team fill a need elsewhere (especially with a sell high player) to create a win-win feel. For instance, if I needed a WR that might produce nicely in the 2nd half of the season but didn't want to pay a king's ransom, I might jettison some RB depth if I have it. Something like Felix Jones for Marques Colston (or Greg Jennings). Again, if the person you're trading with really needs RB help in that situation and they're excited at Felix's expanded role in Dallas, this could work. Obviously there are a lot of factors involved, but that's the gist of it.

I've been jockying for Sam Bradford for weeks in our dynasty. He wants immediate starters and Bradford for me right now is a project because I have Rodgers and Rothlisberger. Kinda stuck in a should I or shouldnt I. Though Bradford is stud material.

The problem is that owners who have "buy low" players hang onto the hope they will go up in value.

It's easier to list players who should be buy lows but owners won't budge.

Brees: Should be a buy low. The NO offense is struggling, no Bush, no PT and it shows. The play calling isn't hat it weas last year either. Super Bowl hangover, but owners will hold on....

Fitz: He will be lucky to end up in the top 20

Any Dallas RB: Whether they own Choice, Jones or Barber, they all think that their guy will be the guy. I want no part of any of them, but owners think they will somehow save them.

Lynch: No RB is going to be worth squat on Seattle until they can get some semlance of run blocking.

D Jackson: Owners will ride him right over the cliff.

One possible buy low is S Smith NYG.

+1

People have certain notions that some players are untradeable no matter what... The only time that happen to me is when I draft someone and he preforms week in and out. LIke Payton Manning this year. He has been a stud for FF and with last week being the exception has put upi insane numbers.

Ochocinco on the other hand has been putting up ok numbers but hasn't been a big # treat like he was last year. I'll agree that owner will hold on to him for dear life and ship with him on his team...

Well, at least his one good game is his most recent and with the OC change there is some reason to think he can improve. I'm still holding hope but if I see a game or two of crap, I might drop the turd.

Breaston can probably be taken dirt cheap if not WW fodder. And I think Breaston, once back, should have GREAT numbers.

I am thinking the same thing. He is sitting out there in my main league and I am going to take a flyer on him and see if he can produce during the later bye weeks when I need him.

I am thinking the same thing. He is sitting out there in my main league and I am going to take a flyer on him and see if he can produce during the later bye weeks when I need him.

just picked him up today, was doing pretty good pre-injury, I just hope the QB play is more consistent by the time he comes back(Week 7?).