[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Issue

Pitbull739

$%@# happens, I've dropped the wrong player on accident before and had it corrected within' the same hour. You would think that he would notice that his stud RB was out of his starting lineup and be contacting you to get it corrected the same day.

I'd choose friendship over FF.

Talk to him, see what's really going on. Maybe he'll admit buyer's remorse and leave it be. But in the, I'd chooes my friends over a game.

True, but that's why I'd say, "Dude, cmon, if you really didn't mean to accept the trade, then why did you set your lineup and wait a day before even saying anything?" (if I'm reading this correctly)

If he can vouch that it truly was an honest mistake, then that would be one thing, but it sounds like he's take advantage of the commish's friendship, which to me is no friend to bend over backwards and put into question the integrity of the league/commissioner for.

True, but that's why I'd say, "Dude, cmon, if you really didn't mean to accept the trade, then why did you set your lineup and wait a day before even saying anything?" (if I'm reading this correctly)

If he can vouch that it truly was an honest mistake, then that would be one thing, but it sounds like he's take advantage of the commish's friendship, which to me is no friend to bend over backwards and put into question the integrity of the league/commissioner for.

+1

Sounds to me like the "friend" is trying to bend the commish (and rest of the league) over frontwards, not backwards...

I'd choose friendship over FF.

Talk to him, see what's really going on. Maybe he'll admit buyer's remorse and leave it be. But in the, I'd chooes my friends over a game.

If a friendship is hanging on a bad trade in FF, you should rethink the friend. Most friends in any league Ive been in would laugh at the idea of wanting a do-over.

The second he put in a line up this "mistake" was made permanent.

Do lineups set automatically in your league? I.e. CBS Sportsline will often plug a whole in a starting lineup after a trade execution....

this is what I am thinking ... but I would think that the upset would have said, "I didn't set the line up, the comp did" It is an important piece of the puzzle.

I'd do a league vote on it. At least that leaves you out as "final decision maker". Maybe your friend will see that 10 other people disagree with him and not think you are the bad guy so much.

Besides, what happens if you give in and then you end up ticking off three or four other friends in the league because you caved for one guy? I will say this though, if you do decide to cave in to your buddies crying, I would not just reverse it, but do the retrade offer of the same guys back to their original teams. This at least might save some grief instead of the other owners seeing a complete over ride of a done-deal and the other owners thinking you might be abusing your commish powers.

Edited by kdog55

I think the time frame is an important issue here, but if the guy set his lineup with the new players, he really doesn't have a leg to stand on. Did he think Moss and Forte magically appeared on his roster?

I think we need to reserve judgement until we get the timeframe. Knowing he set the lineup without context isn't enough. If it was:

Trade Offered: Sunday 11:30

Trade Accepted: Sunday 12:55

Lineup submitted: Sunday 12:56

Call to reverse trade: Sunday 12:57

Then I think the other guy would have a reasonable case. I wouldn't want to get caught with my pants down if I hit the wrong button at 12:55. I'd set my lineup before making the call.