[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Santonio Holmes

MrTed46

I don't see Santonio Holmes ranked on the Rest of Season Rankings. I am curious to see if he was missed or omitted purposely? I rank him way above top 70 WRs.

I actually think he is going to out produce B Edwards from here on out but it makes me nervous not to see him on this sheet. Cotchery hasn't been the same this year compared to his normal consistency, and he was Mr Consistency for the Jets. I can't wait for Holmes to be on almost every snap rather than a percentage of them.

ETA: This isn't a bashing of article but a genuine question. Maybe I am over-valuing him.

Edited by MrTed46

He's a great talent but Sanchez has so many other options (Edwards, Keller, LT, Cotchery) that Holmes probably won't get enough looks to be anything more than a WR3. He'll have big games here and there but, unless Edwards ends up in the doghouse (quite possible - especially with him dropping perfectly catchable balls), I don't see him really breaking out anytime soon.

My personal prediction is that he will never be a threat to teams and Sanchez will never truly get in sync with him. I do think he will have some big games, but not consistent. If I were to rank him, he would be at the tail end of a top 25.

I would probably rank him right around there myself (the rest of the way not total FFPs for the year). I think he should be in the rest of season rankings if he is around that range. I personally think he should be ranked around a player like Maclin.

As it currently stands, Holmes is the #3 option (at best) on a team that doesn't throw very much. Expecting him to come up with the sort of consistency and production that would make him a fantasy starter is not only a stretch given the offense, but would also require one or more of the other receivers to pretty much disappear.

I think Holmes becomes the #1 target for the jets after the bye week, his first action as a Jet saw him getting about equal targets to the the two previously starting WRs. He's a better talent than either Cotchery or Edwards, and that'll shine through.

Braylon - 11 targets (5/70)

Cotchery - 10 Targets (5/46)

Holmes - 9 targets (3/41)

LT - 7 targets (5/13)

Keller - 5 targets (2/14)

Small sample size, but it's all we got. League sizes differ, but a guy getting about 10+ targets a game is usually startable IMO.

I think Holmes becomes the #1 target for the jets after the bye week, his first action as a Jet saw him getting about equal targets to the the two previously starting WRs. He's a better talent than either Cotchery or Edwards, and that'll shine through.

LT - 7 targets (5/13)

Small sample size, but it's all we got. League sizes differ, but a guy getting about 10+ targets a game is usually startable IMO.

Good info - didn't realize he was targeted that much the other night. I agree that he's the better talent. If it were me, I'd be starting Holmes and Cotchery . . . it ain't me though.

LT - 7 targets (5/13)

based on the #'s Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery are getting right around the same # of targets (+1 or -1 targets isn't enough to say he's the #1 reciever) Til Holmes gets in sync with Sanchez I have a feeling this trend will continue until we see a true #1 emerge.

LT - 7 targets (5/13)

Great post.

I too think Holmes will be the #1 receiver there. Rex Ryan and Sanchez love holmes and we all know he has the skillset to be good. That doesn't make him a #1 WR on fantasy teams but I would say at the minimum WR3, but I say WR2. Definetely within top 70.

based on the #'s Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery are getting right around the same # of targets (+1 or -1 targets isn't enough to say he's the #1 reciever) Til Holmes gets in sync with Sanchez I have a feeling this trend will continue until we see a true #1 emerge.

I will be happy if Holmes gets 7-10 targets a game. I believe two of those targets were also deep which makes me even more excited. They showed they will use him on quick slants and the deep ball. Great upside here with a small sample size.