[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin Johnson

JUMbotron

Question now is whether Burleson becomes a viable plug-in for this week at WR . . . not sure I trust that Hill won't just dump to Best and the TEs all game long. Burleson's got some skills though.

Question now is whether Burleson becomes a viable plug-in for this week at WR . . . not sure I trust that Hill won't just dump to Best and the TEs all game long. Burleson's got some skills though.

Big risk since the Giants defense is playing lights out. I wouldn't even be high on a healthy CJ against them at this point.

Sounds like he will play

Calvin Johnson (shoulder) had his most extensive practice of the week on Friday, increasing his chances of playing against the Giants in Week 6.

Johnson wore shoulder pads in the non-padded practice, but he was able to graduate to stretching for balls with both arms. For what it's worth, Scout.com's Nick Caminata believes there's no question that Johnson will play.

No way he plays this week. They can't win

FWIW no NFL team factors this in. If he's physically capable of playing, he will. They may just run him on fly patterns all day, he may never jump or go down low to get a football, hell they might just use him as a decoy. But every NFL team is a collection of 70+ alpha males and not one of them goes into a game believing they cannot win it.

Big risk since the Giants defense is playing lights out. I wouldn't even be high on a healthy CJ against them at this point.

This^^ I'm sitting him this week, but I have Brandon Lloyd to soften the blow.

I agree that the Lions should just sit him this week and let him heal up through the bye week. With Stafford likely back then as well, it'll help break him back in having a healthy Johnson to throw to.