[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crappy Foresight

Balzac

I'm usually a pretty good manager when it comes to fantasy sports but this season every move I make seems to keep blowing up in face. Here's a small sample of the moves I've made thus far (all in the same league):

1. dropped Peyton Hillis 2 days before his coming out party;

2. dropped Dustin Keller after week 1 (yes - the Jets looked THAT bad to me after that game);

3. dropped BJGE 2 days before his coming out party;

4. 1 week after #3, I traded Crabtree to the guy who grabbed BJGE because I had bye issues and had no usable RB - turned out that I won even without BJGE's points, so moving Crabtree (who has subsequently improved a great deal) wasn't even necessary. I also LOVE trading for guys that I previously dropped;

5. last week, I traded Mike Williams (TB) for CJ Spiller because, again, I had RB issues for the week. I also had nice depth at WR (Moss, Driver, Clayton), so I could afford to move Williams. What happens? Clayton goes down for the season and Mike Williams erupts. I guess there's a chance that Spiller produces for me later but this one is leaving a horrible taste in my mouth; and

6. punched myself in the neck after each of 1-5 above, which was actually a pretty good move.

Anyone else filling their season with bonehead moves like this?

Sounds to me like you keep second guessing your self, and hitting the panic button early. You drafted or picked up these players, and when they didn't immediately pay dividends, you jumped the gun.

I tend to do the opposite, and hold players too long. I guess I hate to admit to making mistakes. But, I held Crabtree, and that may pay off, but he's still not going to be in my starting line up until I see more.

It's like my pik'em pool. Every time I rethink it, and change my initial piks, I get burned. Make a move and let it play out.

Edited by Rovers

my biggest mistake this year was trading Malcolm Floyd. As a Charger fan, I feel I should've seen his success coming.

outside of Gates, who were they going to throw to? the system and Rivers' ability to throw the ball up to the big WR should've been enough to know Floyd would at least be a good #3 for fantasy....now he's a possible #1.

that and drafting then trading away Arian Foster hurt. I already have Gore and MJD and thought that was more than enough.

Sounds to me like you keep second guessing your self, and hitting the panic button early. You drafted or picked up these players, and when they didn't immediately pay dividends, you jumped the gun.

I think it's more that I saw more value to my team in other players. If I had had additional roster space, I'd have held onto all of them - it just so happened that first on the chopping block at the time were my backup TE (Keller) and 5th RB (Hillis, who I dropped before the season even started). There was no panic - I just didn't see them having the sort of value they've had to date. The panic set in when these guys exploded on another team's roster . . .

I'm usually a pretty good manager when it comes to fantasy sports but this season every move I make seems to keep blowing up in face. Here's a small sample of the moves I've made thus far (all in the same league):

1. dropped Peyton Hillis 2 days before his coming out party;

2. dropped Dustin Keller after week 1 (yes - the Jets looked THAT bad to me after that game);

3. dropped BJGE 2 days before his coming out party;

4. 1 week after #3, I traded Crabtree to the guy who grabbed BJGE because I had bye issues and had no usable RB - turned out that I won even without BJGE's points, so moving Crabtree (who has subsequently improved a great deal) wasn't even necessary. I also LOVE trading for guys that I previously dropped;

5. last week, I traded Mike Williams (TB) for CJ Spiller because, again, I had RB issues for the week. I also had nice depth at WR (Moss, Driver, Clayton), so I could afford to move Williams. What happens? Clayton goes down for the season and Mike Williams erupts. I guess there's a chance that Spiller produces for me later but this one is leaving a horrible taste in my mouth; and

6. punched myself in the neck after each of 1-5 above, which was actually a pretty good move.

Anyone else filling their season with bonehead moves like this?

I am starting a hindsight league if you are interested.

I dropped the brothers Lloyd and Floyd. We have 13 roster spots, so I have to be selective.

Apparently I wasn't selective enough.

My bro-in-law asked me why I dropped Floyd instead of McGahee. At the time, Rice was iffy, so I decided to handcuff him. BIG mistake.

I am proud of trading Collie and Pierre Thomas for Rice. For the first couple weeks, I was regretting it, but now it's starting to look better.

In my case, I like to make a lot of moves. I don't like sitting around, waiting. Sometimes it bites me in the rear. Usually not.

End of the year, I'm in the playoffs (8 out of 9 years, so far). So, to me, there's something to turning the roster over; at least the bench players.

I think it's more that I saw more value to my team in other players. If I had had additional roster space, I'd have held onto all of them - it just so happened that first on the chopping block at the time were my backup TE (Keller) and 5th RB (Hillis, who I dropped before the season even started). There was no panic - I just didn't see them having the sort of value they've had to date. The panic set in when these guys exploded on another team's roster . . .

OK, panic is the wrong word, but you did jump the gun. One bad week and you dumped Keller. If you liked him when you drafted him, one game no matter how bad is never a good reason to dump a player. How is it you dumped law firm? Taylor was hurt...that was the week I picked UP BJGE. My question is what was he doing on your roster before the Taylor injury, and how do you dump him after Taylor gets hurt?

I drafted Crabtree too, but I was going to ride it out. You traded him when he was at rock bottom. What RB did you get in return for that? It sounds like you drafted with no attention to bye week issues. It's only week 6 and you were already in a bye week bind?

I don't mean to bust your chops, but the moves you describe just don't make much sense to me even without 20-20 hindsight.

This year has been good to me so far. I picked up Hillis right when I saw he was getting more reps then Harrison then I picked up amelonda when Avery went down.

After all this, I was offered Bears D and Harvin for Balt D so I jumped on it the night Moss was traded. I also own Moss and Rice.

This year has been good to me so far. I picked up Hillis right when I saw he was getting more reps then Harrison then I picked up amelonda when Avery went down.

After all this, I was offered Bears D and Harvin for Balt D so I jumped on it the night Moss was traded. I also own Moss and Rice.

Don't brag in a misery thread. :wacko:

my biggest mistake this year was trading Malcolm Floyd. As a Charger fan, I feel I should've seen his success coming.

outside of Gates, who were they going to throw to? the system and Rivers' ability to throw the ball up to the big WR should've been enough to know Floyd would at least be a good #3 for fantasy....now he's a possible #1.

that and drafting then trading away Arian Foster hurt. I already have Gore and MJD and thought that was more than enough.

same here, traded away Floyd and kills me to see him doing so well....

one upside is that the guy i traded him to left him on the bench last week...

OK, panic is the wrong word, but you did jump the gun. One bad week and you dumped Keller. If you liked him when you drafted him, one game no matter how bad is never a good reason to dump a player. How is it you dumped law firm? Taylor was hurt...that was the week I picked UP BJGE. My question is what was he doing on your roster before the Taylor injury, and how do you dump him after Taylor gets hurt?

In hindsight, I obviously jumped the gun. Keller was my backup TE - I rarely carry backup TEs to begin with, so I had no problem going without one.

I dumped BJGE because, being a lifetime Pats fan, I simply didn't trust Beli to give him the lion's share of the carries. Sammy Morris and Faulk were still around at the time and they have solid histories as well - wasn't convinced BJGE was going to be the guy. Plus, Moreno was out and I needed to pick up Buckhalter as his (PPR) handcuff to play him.

I drafted Crabtree too, but I was going to ride it out. You traded him when he was at rock bottom. What RB did you get in return for that? It sounds like you drafted with no attention to bye week issues. It's only week 6 and you were already in a bye week bind?

I actually traded him when his value was just starting to spike - believe me, nobody wanted to have anything to do with him before the OC switch in SF. I had RB issues because Moreno got hurt and Best was questionable at the time, leaving me with Mendenhall as my only RB who was certain to play on Sunday . . . had nothing to do with preparing for bye weeks and everything to do with injuries. If I didn't make a move, I very well could've been left with 1 playable RB.

I don't mean to bust your chops, but the moves you describe just don't make much sense to me even without 20-20 hindsight.

My chops hurt.

Dear Balzac,

Please trade or drop the following players. I could really use the boost in their performance for my teams. Thank you very much. Have a great day!

Jahvid Best

Brandon Tate

James Starks

You're screwed - I might even be playing Tate this week, so you can probably go ahead and drop him.

It bears mentioning that my team is still 3-2 and very much in the hunt - it's not like my crappy foresight (which is usually very good foresight) has tanked my season or anything like that. If I hadn't cleared roster space by moving these guys, I wouldn't have been able to pick up guys like Orton, Clayton, Pettigrew, etc. Hasn't been a tremendous net loss - I just like to bitch about things.

Don't brag in a misery thread. :wacko:

Here's the kicker on that team it's 2-3

I also have rb's Matthews, Benson, Stewart as you have each had poor games when I started them coupled with Moss in NE.

Not sure if was a brag but I do feel I made some good choices. That being said, I'm still last in that league.

Here's the kicker on that team it's 2-3

I also have rb's Matthews, Benson, Stewart as you have each had poor games when I started them coupled with Moss in NE.

Not sure if was a brag but I do feel I made some good choices. That being said, I'm still last in that league.

By the way, see my huddle member number. One of the first to join... I think us old timers can say almost anything.

Good luck boys.