[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeSean Jackson

Chloroform Rx

What are everyones thoughts on him right now? Is he still a week in and week out (FFB) starter? Are you benching him until Vick comes back? I have him in one league and aside from his two big games w/ Vick in at QB, he has been a HUGE disappointment. What is to expect in the coming weeks.. that he will suck it up until Vick is healthy?

I am benching him until Vick comes back....Kolb isn't going downfield....short dump passes, which benefit Celek and Maclin.....

cant believe saying this, but benching him this week and putting in 'Butterfingers' Bowe, against Houston.....could bite me, but think Bowe has a better chance at reaching the endzone than Desean.....until Vick is back..!

I don't think you can bench DeSean. This is his M.O. The last 2 seasons his receptions have been in the 60s. He doesn't get a lot of targets but he has BIG games. He is not the type of WR you draft in a PPR H2H league, he's ideal in a total points league that rewards bonus points for longer TDs. In the 2 games with Kolb last season, he put up 250 yards and at least 1 TD (maybe 2). I think the perception of Kold not throwing downfield has more to do with their bad O-line than it does with Kolb. With Vick, he can scramble enough to where the WRs get open by default, Kolb doesn't have that same scrambling ability, although he can scramble, nor does he have the arm strength of Vick to wing it from one leg falling backwards. I fully suspect Reid and Morningwig to come up with plays to get DeSean the ball this week. I'm starting him, but I'm in one of those points only leagues that rewards bonus points for longer TDs.

There was lots of film showing Jackson WIDE open and and Kolb getting flustered to quickly and dumping short. I think he will look for Jackson down field more this week. I mean, needs to hit his biggest player maker if he ever wants his job back.

Starting LT Jason Peters is out this weekend. John Abraham is going to have a field day rushing the edge. I see no reason to expect Kolb to have time for downfield throws.

Of course, since logic dictates Jackson shouldn't see downfield looks, he'll probably go 5-145-1 this weekend.

jackson is like plunking $20 on a number in roulette, with a side bet on RED.Well, maybe not that risky, but when it does hit, you hit big. He is the ultimate 3rd WR but the worst kind of #1 WR (hint: Roddy White is the best #1 WR EVAR). Evans is just a blind plunk on three lucky numbers with no other bet on the table. 1/12 odds of getting something good every spin.

Edited by WildTurkey

Yeah, you gotta just start DJax every week, lest you miss out on one of his big games....

Gotta agree with this.

I'm fortunate enough to be in a situation where DeSean is my WR2, but I still don't think you can bench him - especially in a league where he also gets points for his PR duties.

Starting LT Jason Peters is out this weekend. John Abraham is going to have a field day rushing the edge. I see no reason to expect Kolb to have time for downfield throws.

Of course, since logic dictates Jackson shouldn't see downfield looks, he'll probably go 5-145-1 this weekend.

I heard that Vick will actually play partially this week (which isn't a good sign really in that they might use this tactic going forward) I think in part because Kolb is unable to get the ball to Djax effectively. Granted, if Vick isn't healthy, he should not enter at all.

I'm starting Djax this week as much as I'm reluctant to. He just might have that one big play this week. I know Reid has been talking about how they need to include DJax more in order to win.

Benching him this week for Malcom Floyd.

Once Vick returns I will start him again, but getting burned 3 games out of 3 that Kolb has started is enough for me to send him to ride the pine.

Hows the saying go. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 3 times and you get the Penny Lanein bench.

Benching him this week for Malcom Floyd.

Once Vick returns I will start him again, but getting burned 3 games out of 3 that Kolb has started is enough for me to send him to ride the pine.

Hows the saying go. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 3 times and you get the Penny Lanein bench.

Shame on you! :wacko: