[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deion Sanders

Easy n Dirty

Now Rod Woodson deserves to be higher than Deion. Look at the career stats they showed. That alone warrants it. Rod was the man! I will never forget that punt return he did as a steeler @SD where he hurdled the punter and his leg broke the punters nose cause he wore a single bar facemask.

Now Rod Woodson deserves to be higher than Deion. Look at the career stats they showed. That alone warrants it. Rod was the man! I will never forget that punt return he did as a steeler @SD where he hurdled the punter and his leg broke the punters nose cause he wore a single bar facemask.

But Deon was an all pro offense and all pro defense. Granted, I think 34 is more than good enough for that loud mouth!

Rod hit the Nail On the Head when he asked Deon if he ever back-peddled. Never really saw him wrap someone up and take them down the way Rod could. Jenkins, in the Cowboys secondary now doesn't want to tackle anybody either. He was actually running AWAY from Chris Johnson last week!!

Rod hit the Nail On the Head when he asked Deon if he ever back-peddled. Never really saw him wrap someone up and take them down the way Rod could. Jenkins, in the Cowboys secondary now doesn't want to tackle anybody either. He was actually running AWAY from Chris Johnson last week!!

Rod was a beast.

Deion wasn't paid to tackle. If Revis has an island, Deion is the ocean. Greatest cover corner ever.

Deion wasn't paid to tackle. If Revis has an island, Deion is the ocean. Greatest cover corner ever.

Exactly. Hated him on the 49ers. Loved him when he went to Dallas. The guy was practically unbeatable. There are stories of how he used to toy with Jerry Rice during practice when he was a niner. He used to put his hands up like he was going to pick the ball off then pull them down the second beofre it hit his hands. Rice used to get pissed.

The GOAT himself, Jerry Rice, said on NFL Network's "In Their Own Words," that he used to lose sleep when he knew a matchup with Deion Sanders awaited him when he woke.
Edited by whomper

think he's right, he does deserve to be higher on the list.

I think him being rated so high is almost as funny as saying defenders "aren't paid to tackle." :wacko: A defender who tackles like a girl (when he bothers at all) doesn't even deserve a mention on any "best ever" list. Further, his speed covered up a lot of his mistakes. What a hideously overrated circus clown.

I think him being rated so high is almost as funny as saying defenders "aren't paid to tackle." :wacko: A defender who tackles like a girl (when he bothers at all) doesn't even deserve a mention on any "best ever" list. Further, his speed covered up a lot of his mistakes. What a hideously overrated circus clown.

You must be to young to remember him playing. In his prime, he was the best player in the NFL with no one else close. Rod was never that.

You appear to know as much about his play as you are at keeping your word when challenged. welcher.

But Deon was an all pro offense and all pro defense.

All-Pro special teams, maybe. His CAREER receiving stats are 60-784-3. His career rushing is 9-(-14). As a WR, he wasn't as good as Devin Hester.

As far as Sanders rating, hmmm.

Oddly enough, looking at his PR/KR yds, they're OK, but not quite what you'd think for someone who is remembered as the most feared return man in the game.

But for defense, yeah, he was an UNBELIEVABLE cover corner. A bit one-dimensional - all he did was cover* - but man, he was the definition of a "blanket" corner.

Comparing him to Woodson is a bit apples-and-oranges; same position, but they did different things and Woodson was IMO asked to fill more roles - Woodson 13.5 sacks, Deion 1 (I was actually kinda surprised he had that many). Woodson easily transitioned to All-Pro S later in his career, no WAY could Sanders do that.

But they're both pretty deserving of high-rankings on the all-time list.

* - bit of an understatement, I suppose

Sanders also had a rushing TD in the playoffs (against the Philadelphia Eagles in January 1996). This makes him (including post season) one of only two players in NFL history (Bill Dudley being the other) to score a touchdown six different ways (interception return, punt return, kickoff return, receiving, rushing, and a fumble recovery).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP5jVoMmZjY...feature=related

Edited by WaterMan