[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MJD Insiders....

SpinalTapp

Deji Karim had 15 carries for 70 yards in relief of MJD last week - impressive. This week the Jags are effectively saying "there's nothing to see here" regarding MJD...they would have us believe he is just fine - wrist xrays are negative....nagging ankle injury is just an annoyance....pre season knee concerns are in the past....what's the real scoop on this guy? Is it just as it is being reported? Typical RB in season nicks or is MJD ready to go down for an extended period?

Edited by SpinalTapp

I don't think he's a guy you have to start every week anymore. He's an upside matchup guy, but I wouldn't hesitate to sit him if I had better options if he is facing a top defense (PIT, NYG, etc.). In Huddle Ladder, I traded MJD earlier this week along with Ronnie Brown for Ray Rice and Beanie Wells. I'd rather have a healthier guy on a better offense even though I feel like Brown > Beanie. Still, I was happy to make the trade.

I think teams are forcing Garrard to beat them this year, which helps to explain the emergence of Mercedes Lewis. My guess is that we've seen what we're going to see from MJD. 1 or 2 TD games and 100+ yards against weak competition, and unspectacular numbers against most others.

The dilemma is that he gets Oakland at home in week 14 and the Colts in week 15. If you can be patient with him, he's going to be nice to have in the fantasy playoffs. I don't think his injuries right now are anything that will keep him from playing.

I don't think he's a guy you have to start every week anymore. He's an upside matchup guy, but I wouldn't hesitate to sit him if I had better options if he is facing a top defense (PIT, NYG, etc.). In Huddle Ladder, I traded MJD earlier this week along with Ronnie Brown for Ray Rice and Beanie Wells. I'd rather have a healthier guy on a better offense even though I feel like Brown > Beanie. Still, I was happy to make the trade.

I think teams are forcing Garrard to beat them this year, which helps to explain the emergence of Mercedes Lewis. My guess is that we've seen what we're going to see from MJD. 1 or 2 TD games and 100+ yards against weak competition, and unspectacular numbers against most others.

The dilemma is that he gets Oakland at home in week 14 and the Colts in week 15. If you can be patient with him, he's going to be nice to have in the fantasy playoffs. I don't think his injuries right now are anything that will keep him from playing.

+1 on the trade. Nice move. The Cardinals have to just start pounding it with Beanie eventually.

i think MJD will continue to play and tough it out......he has never missed a game in his career, so i think he is getting it going..jags are playing better...he had 2 tds two weeks ago, and had one last week that was called back....always plays the titans tough.....and its MNF against Chris Johnson....i think MJD is good for over 100 yards total and a score...

i think MJD will continue to play and tough it out......he has never missed a game in his career, so i think he is getting it going..jags are playing better...he had 2 tds two weeks ago, and had one last week that was called back....

I assume you mean the 2 TDs were also called back since he has 1 TD all year. He also sn't catching squat. Whether it's his fault or the team or the refs, the bottom line is he's simply not a must start anymore, esp in PPRs (which most leagues are now) IMO, except maybe on an RB-starved team.

He is sitll a must start and he has two touchdowns. 1 rushing and 1 recieving it was against the Colts. He has still put up decent yardage numbers and the Jaguars are playing much better. It cracks me up, its 5 weeks into the season and guys are already freaking out about Jones-Drew the dude has been awesome the last 3 years. He will be solid. The injuries are a concern but, stick it out with him he has a good playoff schedule and is the primary back in the offense.

I assume you mean the 2 TDs were also called back since he has 1 TD all year. He also sn't catching squat. Whether it's his fault or the team or the refs, the bottom line is he's simply not a must start anymore, esp in PPRs (which most leagues are now) IMO, except maybe on an RB-starved team.

He has 1 running and 1 receiving.

If MJD is no longer a must start, then who the hell is? Ridiculous.

Edited by FSJSteel

talking about the Colts game where he had a 100 yard rushing and a td, and one receiving td....not sure where your stats show 1 td all year...and my league is not PPR....

Edited by chinatown dragons

He has 1 running and 1 receiving.

If MJD is no longer a must start, then who the hell is? Ridiculous.

...even though you don't know my other choices :wacko: I'm in a small league and trust me, not ridiculous. Anyway, my bad on the receiving TD but my point stands: he generally isn't scoring as expected (2 TDs in 5 games is well below expectations) and his receiving WAY below expectations.

The warning signs were there for MJD even last year. The fact that the Jax O sucks is what holds him back. He's going to be inconsistent due to the trouble the team has moving the ball, meaning less opportunities than other top tier backs going into the year. I was able to trade MJD, Palmer and SSmith (NYG) for Brady, PThomas and Austin. I feel like I made out like a bandit on that one even with PT getting hurt. I felt I could move MJD because I was able to knab AFoster in the draft to go with AP.

IMO actually Drew might be a good buy low guy, like Turner. I just only go so far with "potential" and guys who are "supposed" to be doing well. Been there/done that and regretted holding onto what I thought should happen vs facing the reality of what IS happening. When he puts up more than one good week in a row, I'll start paying attention.