[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roster Turnover

billay

I'm curious to hear from people, just how much their rosters remain the same over the course of a season, and what a high level of turnover means as far as the real value of draft picks goes.

I just completed a trade giving away draft position in multiple spots next year for a couple of players whom I hope will help my team improve this year. Ultimately, what led me to making the trade is a growing sense I have that draft picks really don't mean much. Now, before I go any further, I should point out that I play fantasy football strictly for entertainment purposes. While I do a decent amount of research prior to a draft, and I pay attention during the season, I am most assuredly, not as serious about FF as some here.

That being said, I have always found it interesting to go back and look at drafts several weeks into the year, and each year I come away feeling as though there are way more bad draft picks than good ones, that's across the board, not just for my teams. While it is important to maintain an ability to pick at somewhat regular intervals throughout a draft, you can make a real argument that a 4th round pick has absolutely no more value than a 5th or 6th round pick. If these pick are so valuable, shouldn't the players we acquire with them have enough value to remain on our roster over the course of a season? I suppose you are just negotiating levels of certainty. There is significantly more certainty in the value of a player this season, than in the certainty of value of a draft pick for next season. Do player's really feel as though trading away draft picks, (more accurately, trading away draft position) is really giving up that much? I took a flyer on a player last year, trading away a mid round pick for him. The player ended up doing me little good, but I can't say I really felt the pinch too badly come this year's draft.

This gets me back to where I started, roster turnover. So how much do you have, and does it reflect on the value of draft picks?

Thoughts?

Not so much turnover for me in redrafts. Top scoring team in my local which has a good pay out and losing my ass in my family league which will far out weigh what I may win in my local. 2 teams going in 2 different directions.

I haven't seen a season where the WW has played such a key role in shaping your teams. It's really great to rebuild a bad draft this season.

Under statement. It also makes the guy who thought he was making brilliant trades to get the likes of MJD and Boldin look, well, not so brilliant!