[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James Starks

Balzac

It does not make me feel good - I never said he was good or bad.

I was just making point that you - (I stand corrected that Keggerz never said he was good) were making pretty bold statements that he was some stud RB. Like earlier in the thread I asked what makes you say that he is so good and your reply was basically - I pay attention.

I guess I found it weird that someone on a message board was so sure that a RB was basically gold and he was not even activated the last couple games of the season.

just a guess but you don't play in dynasty leagues do you

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I found it weird that someone on a message board was so sure that a RB was basically gold and he was not even activated the last couple games of the season.

Pretty wide margin between saying a RB is "gold" and saying they are better than GB's current active set of RBs...

The guy has ability. I'd guess he'll do better in the bigs than the guys he is currently up against. Whether he can unseat Grant or work his way in for significant carries next year against a healthy Grant is a whole different matter.

Pretty wide margin between saying a RB is "gold" and saying they are better than GB's current active set of RBs...

The guy has ability. I'd guess he'll do better in the bigs than the guys he is currently up against. Whether he can unseat Grant or work his way in for significant carries next year against a healthy Grant is a whole different matter.

McCarthy has said the last 2 weeks he was inactive because Nance outplayed him in practice.

I hear he runs a 4.4 (player gossip)so I'd like him on the field as a breakaway threat, Jackson can't do that.

Comeon Mike. Give him 5 carries a game. :wacko:

He does look good today.

That's the kind of runner he can be. Give GB Grant back and suddenly RB is not a position of need like it looked to be going into the draft next season. I don't know with full OTAs and TC whether this kid can take Grant's job away, but he sure can take on enough work load to keep Grant fresh/rest when dinged a bit at a minimum.

That's the kind of runner he can be. Give GB Grant back and suddenly RB is not a position of need like it looked to be going into the draft next season. I don't know with full OTAs and TC whether this kid can take Grant's job away, but he sure can take on enough work load to keep Grant fresh/rest when dinged a bit at a minimum.

Let's say, not adding a player, that based on what Starks has done so far, GB's RB depth chart next year SHOULD look like this going into the season:

RB - Grant, Starks, Jackson

FB - Johnson, Kuhn

IMO that makes GB's RB corps one of the better ones in the NFC.

As Deanna Favre might say, "Thanks Ted!"

Do you still think Starks is all that? Being a Packer fan I am hoping he is but this thread always kind of made me laugh at how some people think they know more than they really do.

I have now even read that Starks will be fighting for a roster spot next year. I am starting to think that NFL coaches actually do know more than forum posters. :tup:

:wacko:

You have to assume that he gets his look next year. If Grant wants more then the Packers are willing to give, I think Starks can beat out B Jax.

GB has been known to be frugal so they could let Grant walk

fwiw, Grant is slated to make $3.5 million next year but his salary could escalate all the way up to $5.5 million ($1.75 roster bonus due in 03/11 and $250k workout bonus) and then there is another $250K roster bonus in the 2011 offseason.

2012 he is schedueld to be a FA