[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

vincent jackson

ttwarrior4

He's still out for two more games? That'splenty of time for Gates, Floyd and Nanee to get healthy. I personally think that AJ Smiith plans on barely playing him even after he does come back. He took a hard line stance not trading him to make a point, and playing him sparingly, if at all after he comes back would only further make that point. I know it doesn't make sense, but neither did not trading him, and if everyone is healthy, they haven't missed him.

He's still out for two more games? That'splenty of time for Gates, Floyd and Nanee to get healthy. I personally think that AJ Smiith plans on barely playing him even after he does come back. He took a hard line stance not trading him to make a point, and playing him sparingly, if at all after he comes back would only further make that point. I know it doesn't make sense, but neither did not trading him, and if everyone is healthy, they haven't missed him.

I think Norv decides how much a player plays.

I think in fantasy football absence makes the heart grow fonder. He wasn't a top tier WR1 last year. He had 68 catches for 1167 yards and 9 TDs. This was when he was the focal point of the offense. He is a nice big play guy when in football shape on a team that wants to play him.

There are just too many negatives around his situation to eat up a roster spot on the chance that maybe he might turn in a decent game or two in the fantasy playoffs. You don't win championships by starting players in the playoffs who are unpredictable and in unknown circumstances.

I can definitely see this happening.

Seriously? VJax wants a new big contract and if the Chargers need a win they'll use him... I don't get this faking it prediction. To the OP, who else are you going to keep instead of VJax is the real question. Jacoby Jones? Dez Bryant? Robert Meachem? Who has more upside and how healthy are your top WR's is the real question. I have him on one team and the way I see it the Chargers are a passing team, so the upside is there. If I need room I'll drop him later, but I fail to see why either the Chargers or VJax would want anything other than him doing well.

Seriously? VJax wants a new big contract and if the Chargers need a win they'll use him... I don't get this faking it prediction.

I was not being sarcastic or claiming he was going to fake an injury. I was agreeing with the fact that some players who do not go to camp and start playing later in the season sometimes will rush back to play before they are in proper condition, thus exposing themselves to injury (usually pulled muscles and sprains). Just sayin'.

Seriously? VJax wants a new big contract and if the Chargers need a win they'll use him... I don't get this faking it prediction. To the OP, who else are you going to keep instead of VJax is the real question. Jacoby Jones? Dez Bryant? Robert Meachem? Who has more upside and how healthy are your top WR's is the real question. I have him on one team and the way I see it the Chargers are a passing team, so the upside is there. If I need room I'll drop him later, but I fail to see why either the Chargers or VJax would want anything other than him doing well.

Who said anything about "faking it"? Revis injured his hammy after his holdout, so it's not unreasonable to think that VJax could be even further from "football-shape" when he gets back.

But I do agree that it's in the best interest for everyone for VJax to do well when he comes back. If you're not going to trade the guy by now, then a) they either must think they could get more for him later, or b ) AJ is bat-s#!t crazy. Probably a little of both.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Who said anything about "faking it"? Revis injured his hammy after his holdout, so it's not unreasonable to think that VJax could be even further from "football-shape" when he gets back.

Other than getting hit, if'n I were VJax I'd be working my ass off right now. I'm not saying there isn't a chance he'll get tweaked, but that chance goes to all WR's in any given week. Again, this all about risk/reward and he's looking for the big payday.

But I do agree that it's in the best interest for everyone for VJax to do well when he comes back. If you're not going to trade the guy by now, then a) they either must think they could get more for him later, or b ) AJ is bat-s#!t crazy. Probably a little of both.

I think it’s more about setting a precedent than anything else. SD 1/VJax 0… note to future contracts in SD = hardball.

Other than getting hit, if'n I were VJax I'd be working my ass off right now. I'm not saying there isn't a chance he'll get tweaked, but that chance goes to all WR's in any given week. Again, this all about risk/reward and he's looking for the big payday.

I think it’s more about setting a precedent than anything else. SD 1/VJax 0… note to future contracts in SD = hardball.

If'n you were VJax, you would have probably showed up to work in training camp like your contract said.

I think in fantasy football absence makes the heart grow fonder. He wasn't a top tier WR1 last year. He had 68 catches for 1167 yards and 9 TDs. This was when he was the focal point of the offense. He is a nice big play guy when in football shape on a team that wants to play him.

There are just too many negatives around his situation to eat up a roster spot on the chance that maybe he might turn in a decent game or two in the fantasy playoffs. You don't win championships by starting players in the playoffs who are unpredictable and in unknown circumstances.

Playing Jerome Harrison weeks 15 & 16 last year may have won a few people their leagues.

This.

Sidney Rice I would have dumped the moment they announced hip surgery in late August. Vincent Jackson I might have held onto this whole time, but I doubt it.

Playing Jerome Harrison weeks 15 & 16 last year may have won a few people their leagues.

I didn't know Jerome Harrison held out for most of the year and came back off the street and blew up the last few weeks. I must have missed that.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but this is a totally different situation. The guy hasn't played football in almost a year.....

I own him because to me he is as good as any speculative pickup out there and when he comes back the Chargers are probably fighting for a playoff spot, and hopefully both sides swallow their egos and just play football...what a crazy concept, playing football in the NFL

I might have to drop him this week in my deep keeper (keep 10 from year to year). My receiving core is the main reason I might have to drop him for a bye week fill in. I have AJ, Austin, Welker, MWilliams TB, Knox, V-Jax. If my WR's weren't as stout I would probably hang onto him. With my current situation, I don't know if I could even start him with confidence if he plays. It is just hard to hang onto a player that you might get 4 games out if, playoffs included. I guess it depends on how big your rosters are.

I didn't know Jerome Harrison held out for most of the year and came back off the street and blew up the last few weeks. I must have missed that.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but this is a totally different situation. The guy hasn't played football in almost a year.....

+1 :wacko: