[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any news on Reggie Bush or Pierre Thomas?

cthomte

I'd plan on them being out til their bye week. Anything earlier will be a bonus/gamble.

Yup

I have the chance to acquire P Thomas. How bad is the injury? Originally, he just seemed "week to week". But clearly the injury was much worse. I can afford to hold him for a few weeks, but I hate to acquire a player that is virtually dead for the year.

Anybody?

Nasty high ankle sprain. He'll be back & should be good. It's just going to take a while.

Bush could possibly be back for week 8 but they play the Steelers, so that ain't happening. with week 10 being the bye Payton is probably keeping him out until after the bye instead of the ninth week. PT after the bye at the earliest.

and a MIA has been issued for a Mr Marquis Colston.

I have the chance to acquire P Thomas. How bad is the injury? Originally, he just seemed "week to week". But clearly the injury was much worse. I can afford to hold him for a few weeks, but I hate to acquire a player that is virtually dead for the year.

Anybody?

Did you see how well Ivory ran last week? Ivory has am awesome chance to put a dent into PT's carries (especially with the injury bug on this player). I could see a 50/50 split with Bush taking his standard 5 to 10 pieces of the action per game.

To me, Ivory is the best player to own in the back field going forward because Ivory will more then likely also get the GL work, with some Bush steals in the red zone.

Did you see how well Ivory ran last week? Ivory has am awesome chance to put a dent into PT's carries (especially with the injury bug on this player). I could see a 50/50 split with Bush taking his standard 5 to 10 pieces of the action per game.

To me, Ivory is the best player to own in the back field going forward because Ivory will more then likely also get the GL work, with some Bush steals in the red zone.

Ivory's great game can be attributed more to the offensive line finally blocking than Ivory's great running. Ivory does run hard, but in doing so he's also careless with the football. He'll certainly get some playing time when PT gets back, but don't be fooled, PT is still the man.

Ivory's great game can be attributed more to the offensive line finally blocking than Ivory's great running. Ivory does run hard, but in doing so he's also careless with the football. He'll certainly get some playing time when PT gets back, but don't be fooled, PT is still the man.

Ivory runs down hill and most talented backs have had their issues with holding the ball. Ivory fumbled at the beginning but has since held tight to the ball.

Right now, I just see him as a much more solid play.

Ivory runs down hill and most talented backs have had their issues with holding the ball. Ivory fumbled at the beginning but has since held tight to the ball.

Right now, I just see him as a much more solid play.

Did you watch the game? Ivory had a fumble, but it luckily rolled out of bounds. If you don't want to believe me then that's fine. If I had a choice between the two I would take PT easily.

Right now, with Bush and Thomas injured, you're right. But he's not gonna see many carries when those two come back.

How can you honestly say that. Bush isn't a RB by any normal standards and PT has shown that he is a glass tower in the verge of injury week in and week out. They can't afford to cycle throw RB's once a year. I see every reason to go to a RBBC in this format (not that I like RBBC but it makes sense).

Listen, it's pretty obvious you have Ivory on your fantasy team. But get real. The guy has had one good game. He has not scored a TD. And it's been against the Panthers, Cardinals, and Buccs. Not exactly a murderers row. He's fumbled 3 times. When PT gets back, it's his job. When Bush gets back, it goes back to the week one rotation. Ivory will be lucky to see the field.

How can you honestly say that. Bush isn't a RB by any normal standards and PT has shown that he is a glass tower in the verge of injury week in and week out. They can't afford to cycle throw RB's once a year. I see every reason to go to a RBBC in this format (not that I like RBBC but it makes sense).

Dude, clearly you WANT Ivory to be the man, but when all of the key offensive players are healthy, Ivory will be, at best, a goalline option. He'll get 4-6 touches a game. Whether or not PT and/or Bush are injury prone is not the issue. Nobody can predict when an injury will occur. If you want to hang your hat on Ivory being the guy to own because you think Pierre Thomas will get hurt again, go for it. Also, don't get carried away with how Ivory did in the Bucs game. They stink against the run.

Dude, clearly you WANT Ivory to be the man, but when all of the key offensive players are healthy, Ivory will be, at best, a goalline option. He'll get 4-6 touches a game. Whether or not PT and/or Bush are injury prone is not the issue. Nobody can predict when an injury will occur. If you want to hang your hat on Ivory being the guy to own because you think Pierre Thomas will get hurt again, go for it. Also, don't get carried away with how Ivory did in the Bucs game. They stink against the run.

I'm not hanging my hat on his single game but I am hitching my wagon to his preseaon games and the 2 other games he started with Betts. His biggest issue was his blocking which he resolved.

I'm not saying he's going to be the starter when PT comes back, but I am saying that Ivory will play a much bigger role in this offense going forward. More so than Bell had on this team.

He's avg 6.3 YPC this year (thanks to the TB game but still 4.1 before then).

He's a big back at 6' 222 lbs but with nice cutting ability and burst speed.

Don't get me wrong, if you ever read my post in the past, I was a PT whore. I was on his band wagon constantly and I still think he has amazing talent but there HAS to be some concern with those knees.

I'm also not advocating dropping PT and rushing out to get Ivory. I am, however, advocating needing Ivory as a PT handcuff while also being a viable candidate for a RB3 or Flex fill in.

Come on, bro.. Don't get your panties in a bunch. You know I have a dog in this fight because I spent some capital on Ivory, but I also believe he is a talented back and if PT continues down this road of injuries, could become a viable starter in the near future.

I'm not hanging my hat on his single game but I am hitching my wagon to his preseaon games and the 2 other games he started with Betts. His biggest issue was his blocking which he resolved.

I'm not saying he's going to be the starter when PT comes back, but I am saying that Ivory will play a much bigger role in this offense going forward. More so than Bell had on this team.

He's avg 6.3 YPC this year (thanks to the TB game but still 4.1 before then).

He's a big back at 6' 222 lbs but with nice cutting ability and burst speed.

Don't get me wrong, if you ever read my post in the past, I was a PT whore. I was on his band wagon constantly and I still think he has amazing talent but there HAS to be some concern with those knees.

I'm also not advocating dropping PT and rushing out to get Ivory. I am, however, advocating needing Ivory as a PT handcuff while also being a viable candidate for a RB3 or Flex fill in.

Come on, bro.. Don't get your panties in a bunch. You know I have a dog in this fight because I spent some capital on Ivory, but I also believe he is a talented back and if PT continues down this road of injuries, could become a viable starter in the near future.

I don't like Ivory so much, I keep PT because he is lethal when healthy and I prefer him in a RBBC because he is a dual-threat but nobody talks about that because Bush catches almost primarily...

but PT can average 5 catches a game over a 16 game season - he just will never be healthy enough to do it...