[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home Glasses should come off

i_am_the_swammi

Homerism aside, I think the Cowboys would be one of the hardest teams to prognosticate this year. Even if you hate them (and I really dislike the Cowboys) you can't deny they have a VERY talented roster. Their record is terrible, but they have yet to lose a game by more than 7 points. You have to guess that in some game they are going to make just a few less terrible decisions/plays and win (like their one win this year).

They have four losses where a single play going their way would likely have been enough to win. It's reminiscent of the Chargers of the last few years where they sleepwalk through the first handful of games and then close the season out strong. I don't think it's impossible for the Cowboys to do the same thing.

I'd like their chances way more if they had a real head coach instead of a guy that will put up with Jerry Jones for a paycheck, but I don't consider the Cowboys favored by a narrow margin in a must-win game at home on MNF to be that big of a stretch.

(Go Giants!)

:wacko:

C'mon bro...I'm paying good money to be apart of the Huddle.

That ain't right

A bit late to the party but anyway...

That is a misconception and in the past I proved it.

So let me prove it again.

Straight up (using Vegas line, my projections and the actual results:

Vegas ME ACTUAL

1 W W W

2 W W L

3 W W W

4 W W L

5 W W W

7 W W W

8 W W W

9 L L W

10 W W L

11 W W W

12 W W W

13 W W L

14 W L L

15 L L W

16 W W W

17 W W W

14-2 13-3 11-5

Vegas ME ACTUAL

1 W W W

2 W W W

3 W W W

4 W W L

5 W W W

6 W W L

7 W W W

8 W W W

9 L L L

10 BYE BYE BYE

11 W W W

12 W W W

13 W W W

14 L L L

15 W W W

16 W W L

17 W L L

14-2 13-3 10-6

In both years, I predicted one more loss for Dallas than Vegas did not even considering the line. As was noted previously in this thread and evident from the vegas take, the Cowboys have been enigmatic and lost more games than was commonly expected. The Cowboys were favored in 14 games in each of the last two seasons and often heavily so.

Last year had I predicted a score so that the Cowboys would always cover the spread, I would have been 10-6 and yet I ended only 7-9 because in three games I predicted that Dallas would not cover the spread and yet they did. Were I siding even equal to the Vegas line, I would have done better predicting their game score than I did, let alone be more optimistic about them than the average guy (expressed in the line).

Vegas SU	Line	me	Predcted	ACTUAL	Actual	Me	DALcover1	W	-5	-3	20-17	-7	34-21	L	W2	W	-3	-4	24-20	+2	31-33	L	L3	W	-9	-14	31-17	-14	21-7	W	W4	W	-3	-1	17-16	+7	10-17	L	L5	W	-9	-13	27-14	-6	26-20	L	L7	W	-5.5	-4	24-20	-16	37-21	L	W8	W	-10	-14	27-13	-21	38-17	W	W9	L	+3	+7	20-27	-4	20-16	L	W10	W	-3	-7	27-20	+10	7-17	L	L11	W	-11	-7	20-13	-1	7-6	W	L12	W	-13.5	-17	27-10	-17	24-7	W	W13	W	-1	-4	24-20	-7	24-31	W	W14	W	-3.5	+3	24-27	+3	17-20	W	L15	L	+7.5	+14	17-31	-7	24-17	W	W16	W	-7	-6	23-17	-17	17-0	L	W17	W	-3	-1	24-23	-24	24-0	L	W14-2						7-9	10-6

Historically, I have been very good predicting them but these last couple of seasons have been major teasers with them losing several games in a manner I could not predict. They are a big problem to predict because I build a game considering the offense compared to the defense but projections go awry when there are so many penalties, special teams scores and turnovers that are extremely hard to forecast.

I have been a Cowboys fan for about 40 years now. But that is separate from what I project and predict. I'd much rather be right than wrong.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics, but until Wade is gone you can throw out any modicum of hope for accurate Cowboys prognostication. They lose when they should win, win when they should lose, score and have it called back, find clever new ways to commit penalties, and seem hell-bent on fueling a never-ending stream of DADGUMMITS from Bum's son. It is what it is - a retarded pet that's just going to continue pissing on the couch. In my years on this site DMD has been plenty objective, but how do you account for this kind of madness?

A bit late to the party but anyway...

That is a misconception and in the past I proved it.

So let me prove it again.

Straight up (using Vegas line, my projections and the actual results:

Vegas ME ACTUAL

1 W W W

2 W W L

3 W W W

4 W W L

5 W W W

7 W W W

8 W W W

9 L L W

10 W W L

11 W W W

12 W W W

13 W W L

14 W L L

15 L L W

16 W W W

17 W W W

14-2 13-3 11-5

Vegas ME ACTUAL

1 W W W

2 W W W

3 W W W

4 W W L

5 W W W

6 W W L

7 W W W

8 W W W

9 L L L

10 BYE BYE BYE

11 W W W

12 W W W

13 W W W

14 L L L

15 W W W

16 W W L

17 W L L

14-2 13-3 10-6

In both years, I predicted one more loss for Dallas than Vegas did not even considering the line. As was noted previously in this thread and evident from the vegas take, the Cowboys have been enigmatic and lost more games than was commonly expected. The Cowboys were favored in 14 games in each of the last two seasons and often heavily so.

Last year had I predicted a score so that the Cowboys would always cover the spread, I would have been 10-6 and yet I ended only 7-9 because in three games I predicted that Dallas would not cover the spread and yet they did. Were I siding even equal to the Vegas line, I would have done better predicting their game score than I did, let alone be more optimistic about them than the average guy (expressed in the line).

Vegas SU	Line	me	Predcted	ACTUAL	Actual	Me	DALcover1	W	-5	-3	20-17	-7	34-21	L	W2	W	-3	-4	24-20	+2	31-33	L	L3	W	-9	-14	31-17	-14	21-7	W	W4	W	-3	-1	17-16	+7	10-17	L	L5	W	-9	-13	27-14	-6	26-20	L	L7	W	-5.5	-4	24-20	-16	37-21	L	W8	W	-10	-14	27-13	-21	38-17	W	W9	L	+3	+7	20-27	-4	20-16	L	W10	W	-3	-7	27-20	+10	7-17	L	L11	W	-11	-7	20-13	-1	7-6	W	L12	W	-13.5	-17	27-10	-17	24-7	W	W13	W	-1	-4	24-20	-7	24-31	W	W14	W	-3.5	+3	24-27	+3	17-20	W	L15	L	+7.5	+14	17-31	-7	24-17	W	W16	W	-7	-6	23-17	-17	17-0	L	W17	W	-3	-1	24-23	-24	24-0	L	W14-2						7-9	10-6

Historically, I have been very good predicting them but these last couple of seasons have been major teasers with them losing several games in a manner I could not predict. They are a big problem to predict because I build a game considering the offense compared to the defense but projections go awry when there are so many penalties, special teams scores and turnovers that are extremely hard to forecast.

I have been a Cowboys fan for about 40 years now. But that is separate from what I project and predict. I'd much rather be right than wrong.

Homerism aside, I think the Cowboys would be one of the hardest teams to prognosticate this year. Even if you hate them (and I really dislike the Cowboys) you can't deny they have a VERY talented roster. Their record is terrible, but they have yet to lose a game by more than 7 points.

I believe the average of the points that Dallas has lost by is 5.75. Just to throw some perspective another team that has the same record has lost their games by an average score of 6.4 and very few people say that they have a very talented roster (Detroit :wacko:).

I believe the average of the points that Dallas has lost by is 5.75.

Discipline and guts enables teams to win those tight close hard fought games. We seem to lack those qualities

Edited by whomper

Discipline and guts enables teams to win those tight close hard fought games. We seem to lack those qualities

Personally, I'm just hoping this isn't the week that Dallas puts it together. I'm playing against our Cowboy homer this week in my main local and I have to start some Giants. So I have 3 Giants players (Eli, Bradshaw, Def) and he has 4 Dallas players (Romo, Felix, Witten, R. Williams) so I'm a big Giants fan this weekend and hope the the boys continue the downward spiral. :wacko:

The Cowboys need the Victory Pants in the worst way.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAs................PLEASE I beg of you. I promise not to post anything homer for one week.............................PLEASE. :wacko::tup::tup::lol::lol::lol:

You da man DMD. I knew you had it in ya...........Your mind thinks stats but you heart pumps blue baby..............

Edited by Cowboyz1

• 1 month later...

I have a couple of questions:

Why is this a "must-win" game for Dallas? This makes no sense......

Why do people think Vegas tries to predict the actual winner? Vegas sets the line to try to get equal money on each side. Because there are so many Dallas fans, the line usually favors them more so more bettors put money on the other side.

I have a couple of questions:

Why is this a "must-win" game for Dallas? This makes no sense......

Why do people think Vegas tries to predict the actual winner? Vegas sets the line to try to get equal money on each side. Because there are so many Dallas fans, the line usually favors them more so more bettors put money on the other side.

This is a bump of an old thread . Must win games waved bye bye to Dallas 4 weeks ago.

This is a bump of an old thread . Must win games waved bye bye to Dallas 4 weeks ago.

Thanks for clearing that up Whomper. You are always there to save the day. I don't care what these other people say about you......

Edited by lkirc

Swamm that's just like you to add a few heaps of salt to the wound.........I sincerely hope to return the favor.

Here's to hoping Philly gets mud stomped by a 4-8 team. :wacko:

Hey hey whoa whoa. Philly is playing with house money man. It doesnt matter what happens the rest of the way