[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you handle byes

Scorcher

If you find that through injury or poor planning that you are in serious trouble how do you handle it? Do you make trades you might not normally consider? Depending on you record do you take a hit? Do you as a player try to win every week no matter what or do you accept that some weeks it may not happen?

One thing I am wondering overall is example: if you are stacked at one position(wr rb) and hurting in another(Wr rb) say you had 4 great wr and can only play 2 but are always hurting at rb, would you trade a WR for less than his value to beef up Rb since you couldn't play the wr anyway? ( or vice-versa). Is this a viable strategy, to take a trade hit on a player that you couldn't platy?

Edited by Scorcher

say you had 4 great wr and can only play 2 but are always hurting at rb, would you trade a WR for less than his value to beef up Rb since you couldn't play the wr anyway? ( or vice-versa). Is this a viable strategy, to take a trade hit on a player that you couldn't platy?

I'd do this regardless of byes. 7 points in lineup > 12 points on bench.

I'd do this regardless of byes. 7 points in lineup > 12 points on bench.

agreed; i know I probably haven't expressed it well . Hypothetically you make offers and people come back with counters that are way less than the value of who you offered but are the best you're going to get from anyone and will provide a moderate upgrade at the position you need, pull the trigger or keep a stud out of the mix?

If you find that through injury or poor planning that you are in serious trouble how do you handle it? Do you make trades you might not normally consider? Depending on you record do you take a hit? Do you as a player try to win every week no matter what or do you accept that some weeks it may not happen?

I think its important to keep in mind that no one or two single weeks during the regular season will make or break your team from a W-L perspective. So, with that in mind, I am willing to "take my lumps" for a week or two if I must if it means preserving the overall strength of my team. I wouldnt make a move that I wouldnt normally make just to try to compensate for what appears to be a problematic week.

One thing I am wondering overall is example: if you are stacked at one position(wr rb) and hurting in another(Wr rb) say you had 4 great wr and can only play 2 but are always hurting at rb, would you trade a WR for less than his value to beef up Rb since you couldn't play the wr anyway? ( or vice-versa). Is this a viable strategy, to take a trade hit on a player that you couldn't platy?

Certainly, if you can improve the level of talent at a position of weakness by leveraging a position of strength its worth consideration. One thing I have learned over the years, though, is what may appear to be a surplus of talent at any given position can dwindle quickly. So I guess what I am saying is I wouldnt be too hasty to make moves lest you end up weakening what was formally a position of strength and potentially ending up weak at more positions than you were when you started.

Hope for the best:

I get nervous with too many eggs in one basket (i.e. two players from one team). But looking at my sig w/ my lineup, I'm trotting out both D Will and J Stew, and Bowe and Moeaki...

...and I'm going to straight-rake this weekend with them in there. And when I do, I'm going to piss off some people in my league. :wacko:

6-1 here I come!

OR........

My cornhole will get a good workout on Sunday as the JAX D pitches a shutout and the 49ers actually packs their D to take with them on the road instead of their toy race cars.