[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patrick Crayton

Texan Hooters

Alot will depend on his stats this Sunday. Rivers has stated that he trusts his skills. If Crayton does well he will get lots of opportunities to contribute during the next three weeks and maybe even beyond that.

Crayton has made a career out of having 1 or 2 big games a year and mostly disappearing otherwise. If you're counting on him - uh well good luck w/that.

The problem here is now defenses now who to target them selves. Crayton could see double coverage the entire game unless they get the running game going. If the running game blows, Crayton might get 70 yards at best. There is no other to take the pressure off or to open up the passing game. If Gates is in, then it's slightly different, but not allot.

with this offense in shambles what do you make of Patrick Crayton? I would think he has to put up at least 20 points a week untill some of these players get healthy. What say you ?

I think crayton is a legit plug and play until floyd comes back. I dont think he'll put up more then 20 unless gates is out this week, and if thats the case, then watch out.

20pts per games is a pretty wild expectation (unless you're getting 3 ppr). He's got a window of what - 3 games where he'll probably be the main guy? I don't know - he's disappointed hugely in the past when given opportunities (he's also shined at times) so I'm not sold that he's going to be all that great on a consistent basis.

Here's my patrick crayton story - back in 2007, when Crayton had put three decent games together for the Cowboys, I was negotiating with another owner for the must-have Heath Miller. Other owner wanted Crayton, but I cleverly put the franchise tag on him, and so my trading partner settled for the oft-injured Greg Jennings instead. The aftermath was predictable - first round playoff exit for me and a fantasy championship for the other guy, fueled largely by Jennings' contribution.

Here's my patrick crayton story - back in 2007, when Crayton had put three decent games together for the Cowboys, I was negotiating with another owner for the must-have Heath Miller. Other owner wanted Crayton, but I cleverly put the franchise tag on him, and so my trading partner settled for the oft-injured Greg Jennings instead. The aftermath was predictable - first round playoff exit for me and a fantasy championship for the other guy, fueled largely by Jennings' contribution.

That really blows. Hopefully now he understands how important it is to his ff owners that he produce high point totals on a consistent basis.

all SD does is throw the football.. everyone on SD who can catch a football other than Crayton is hurt.. they'll more than likely be playing from behind vs the Patriots. Rivers won't really have any choice other than to throw him the ball. i'm plugging him in this week and hoping for the best.

Edited by jjpro11

all SD does is throw the football.. everyone on SD who can catch a football other than Crayton is hurt.. they'll more than likely be playing from behind vs the Patriots. Rivers won't really have any choice other than to throw him the ball. i'm plugging him in this week and hoping for the best.

Good post. I am doing the same. Here's to hoping he goes for 90 and 2 TD's!!!!!

Me too, And hopefully Gates can go as well.

After seeing Phillip Rivers perform at such a high level even without V-Jax, I'm a firm believer that someone will be valuable at WR for The Chargers this weekend. Crayton has as good a shot as any. I can't say past this weekend. I think the sneaky play here is Sproles. I would not be surprised to see him in the slot allot this weekend.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

That's right, and opposing defenses know this. So do you think they are going to game plan for it? I think defenses will game plan for Crayton because there are no other WR to game plan for (thereby reducing that "20 points at least" unreasonable expectation). I think some of you have your expectations set WAAAAAY to high for Crayton.

Speaking of which stuff, since you're a homer... why'd y'all let Jeremy Williams go? I like Seyi, but I thought JW was a better prospect.

You're asking me to figure out why Norv makes the decisions he does? :wacko: Good luck with that!