[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this the biggest bye week for fantasy owners this year?

Do Work Son

With the colts,texans,jets, and lions I'm thinking this has to be a down week on alot of fantasy teams out there...in one league I have best,megatron ,Andre Johnson,shaub and collie all out this week...I know it's my fault for not paying attention to the bye weeks but outside of this week my team is solid...anybody out there have to

make some interesting moves this week due to the bye week/injuries?

With the colts,texans,jets, and lions I'm thinking this has to be a down week on alot of fantasy teams out there...in one league I have best,megatron ,Andre Johnson,shaub and collie all out this week...I know it's my fault for not paying attention to the bye weeks but outside of this week my team is solid...anybody out there have to

make some interesting moves this week due to the bye week/injuries?

This week is my worst. Calvin Johnson and Foster are on bye and Malcolm Floyd is hurt. Picked up Crayton to help that. Going against a team that has Rivers and I have Orton starting instead of Romo due to his using Brandon Lloyd. I'm undefeated and up by 3 games on everybody in my division. After this week it is easy all the way to the playoffs.

Weeks 8 and 9 are significant, just because there are two more bye-week teams on those weeks. For me, Week 10 is tough... GB, NOS, and SDC. I have Rodgers, Brees, Gates, Finley (although that doesn't matter any more), Thomas, and all three team D's in a few leagues each. Not to mention, guys like Floyd, Jackson, Henderson, Meachem, Thomas, Naanee, Hartley, and Kaeding in a couple each as well.

Looking forward to getting past the bye weeks... Injuries alone have completely decimated my teams this year, particularly the TE position.

Going against a team that has Rivers and I have Orton starting instead of Romo due to his using Brandon Lloyd.

Ever hear about "start the players who will score the most points"? Or do you think Orton will outplay Romo this week? :wacko:

Ever hear about "start the players who will score the most points"? Or do you think Orton will outplay Romo this week? :wacko:

Romo might have a good game but he is due for a letdown. Orton has the better matchup against a team that has nowhere near the pass rush that the giants are bringing. I just like the idea that whatever he scores with his wr I'm pointing also.

Romo might have a good game but he is due for a letdown. Orton has the better matchup against a team that has nowhere near the pass rush that the giants are bringing. I just like the idea that whatever he scores with his wr I'm pointing also.

The point is, your opponent's lineup has no effect on the number of ff points that your players scores. There is no reason to consider it.

This week is killing me, but I knew it was coming and tried to prepare. I've got Foster, AJ, Addai, and Wayne on a bye in my keeper/money league. I had PT & J Stew waiting t go, but PT's out and I punted on J Stew about 2 weeks ago. So my ugly, non-PPR lineup now looks like this:

QB: M Ryan

RB: Felix Jones

RB: Chris Ivory

WR: J Gaffney

WR: D. Mason

WR: M Thomas (Jax)

This is not gonna be good... sub .500 here I come....

-K

if you think its this week your not even close, week 8 and 9 will be killers for some teams

7,8,9,are definately the toughest ones. I'm playing Blount this week and expecting a loss because of Foster and the way rb's have been gobbled up. 8 is tough for me for Wr's Maclin, Nicks, and White.

This one is bad for me. I won't have Wayne, A. Foster or Keller in a few leagues. I've lost Floyd in three leagues. I was able to get Crayton through waivers in only two of them.

Week 10 will stink too. I'll lose Jennings and Rodgers (I lost Finley in two leagues), Mathews, Lloyd (hurt), Rivers and my Saints. Pierre Thomas has been miafor awhile. :wacko::tup:

This week is my worst. Calvin Johnson and Foster are on bye and Malcolm Floyd is hurt. Picked up Crayton to help that. Going against a team that has Rivers and I have Orton starting instead of Romo due to his using Brandon Lloyd. I'm undefeated and up by 3 games on everybody in my division. After this week it is easy all the way to the playoffs.

Wait...Henry Muto?

The point is, your opponent's lineup has no effect on the number of ff points that your players scores. There is no reason to consider it.

Wisdom. Even considering your opponent's lineup when you set yours is the fast train to LOSERVILLE.

I agree 7 and 8 are very tough this year, and this week doesn't help when guys like Kenny 'see you in the second quarter' Britt screw up my lineup last minute.

Week 8 is a nightmare in my IDP: Cole and Osi on the bye together, ouch.

I one league 4 of my 5 RB's are on a bye

Jackson, Steven STL RB 89.7 9

Johnson, Chris TEN RB (P) 122.5 9

Portis, Clinton WAS RB (O) 39.6 9

Ringer, Javon TEN RB 25.8 9

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB (O) 51.0 10

MustOfBeenDrunk on draft night?

You can't get too worked up about bye weeks - draft the players according to the talent level you project and the availability in a given round, especially in rounds 1-8. I have seen far too many FF owners wringing their hands at a draft about bye weeks, and they settle for a lesser team to try and mitigate bye weeks by passing up players with more talent.

I can also recall more than a few weeks where I had major bye week holes when I won after some WW wonder exploded, or weeks when I was fully loaded and my team laid a collective goose egg. So I guess my point is to take bye weeks in stride: every owner in your league gets them, and sometimes it is better to have one really lousy week with 4-6 byes than it is to spread the bye pain around.

This week (7) is definitely my worst on paper. I'm in a 10-team league, picked 8th and went WR-WR, A. Johnson and Wayne, fully knowing actually what that would do for this week. Plus I picked up Foster in a later round.

Might not be guaranteed loss though. Have decent depth and anything can and does happen in this league.

MustOfBeenDrunk on draft night?

No draft night was 11 years ago ( dynasty ) this started out as a rebuilding year and the I rattled off several wins in a row with no QB ,, now I shifting gears again and going for it but will take a hit week 9