[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Somebody 'splain to me?

Grits and Shins

Big Ben on a QB keeper fumbles the ball diving for the EZ. Originally ruled a TD. On review clearly NOT a TD.

PIT keeps the ball because there wasn't clear evidence on who recovered the ball.

I thought a fumble into the EZ was a touchback ... so either it is a TD or a touchback ... how can it be 4th and goal on the 1 yard line?

According to the refs explanation, because they didn't have conclusive evidence of who recovered the fumble, they couldn't call it a TD (If PIT recovered) or a Touchback (If Miami recovered). According to his explanation, by rule, it remains with the Steelers at the spot of the fumble. :wacko: I've never seen that situation before.

According to the refs explanation, because they didn't have conclusive evidence of who recovered the fumble, they couldn't call it a TD (If PIT recovered) or a Touchback (If Miami recovered). According to his explanation, by rule, it remains with the Steelers at the spot of the fumble. :wacko: I've never seen that situation before.

Wow. Replay fail.

Wow. Replay fail.

Part of the problem is that the ref had ruled it a TD, so, some of those battling for the ball on both sides thought the play was over and stopped battling. Definitely a f'd up play that I'm sure will be talked about plenty this week.

Edited by Menudo

So, why should it be Miami's ball, if there wasn't conclusive evidence that they recovered it ?

I agree.

Either the replay is conclusive and it is a TD because PIT recovered the ball in the EZ or it is MIA ball on the 20 because they recovered the ball in the EZ.

-OR-

The replay is inconclusive in its entirety and the original call stands.

I don't understand how they can pick and choose what to take from the replay for a partial reversal.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Pitt has been the luckiest team in all of football over the last several years. At least a botched play couldn't have benefited a better guy.

The over under was 30 minutes. Those betting the under are in the money. :wacko:

Look, I"m not going to get into defending the call, and I'll let those that think the Steelers are lucky or that the league is helping them do their thing. It was a weird play, and I'm not sure how they were supposed to rule it. If it was clearly a fumble, but, they couldn't tell who recovered it in the endzone, what do you do ?

Also, add into that whistles being blown because it was ruled a TD, and players stopping their battle for the ball because they thought the play was over. F'd up situation, no matter how you look at it.

What no one will talk about is that the Dolphins got the ball with about 2 minutes left, needing to drive for a field goal, and they didn't get it done. This was a great game, it is a shame that ONLY that f'd up situation will be talked about.

The play should have never been ruled a TD. That was an extremely fortuitous botched call, someone in that organization has sold their soul to the devil.

You are right, it should have never been ruled a TD, and it wasn't.

Just watched it again. The refs definitely botched the play in this regard. After it was ruled a TD, the refs acted as if the play was over. They did not dig into the pile to determine who had recovered, like they normally do when a fumble scrum is going on. They have to know that they need to finish the play, when it is questionable whether the TD was the correct call.

No no...ask Menudo and then after that ask Cowboyz1 how good his team is. :wacko:

You love these situations more than anyone in the world. It allows you to do what you are dying to do. Congrats.

Yes, I have been bragging about the Steelers non-stop. I don't know how anyone can take it. What makes me laugh the most is that the Seahawks are currently playing their game, and you are here crying over a Steelers win 5 YEARS LATER.

Edited by Menudo