[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lambeau Leap

T-Scorp

Watching the game last night it hit me that the famous Lambeau Leap could be considered excessive celebration. I mean it is preplanned (because it is done by virtually every Packer that scores and it is almost a "must" when they do score) It uses props ( the wall and the crowd).

Just wondering how long they will be allowed to do it. :wacko:

Note: I have no problem with the leap, it has become a tradition that I think is very cool. :tup:

I dont have any problem with it, either, but I could see the NFL putting a halt to it. First, it does seem to fly in the face of the League's crusade to take celebrations out of the game. Doest seem fair that Miles Austin gets 15 yards for leapfrogging Roy Williams but players are allowed to jump into the crowd in a different stadium. Also, in light of what's happened with fan-player altercations over recent years and the pro sports leagues hard stance on players getting involved with fans, it kinda surprises me that they still allow the leap.

I say they should let them keep doing it (as it seems good natured and doesnt bother me) but its not up to me and I can totally see it going away :wacko:

Interesting question. With policy changes flying it seems like they are backing themselves into a corner on this one. While I don't really care for overcelebration, the Leap is a trademark move. If the league makes it illegal they will look like the biggest jerks in sports. But how can they not?

That's called cherry picking.

We all know it goes on in all aspects of all sports, but this one could be considered right in your face. I for one hope they make an exception for the leap, but is that even possible? Or legal for them to do so? Probably, since they made the rule in the 1st place. If they did make an exception, would other teams be up-in-arms about special treatment?

Like I said, interesting question.

I dont have any problem with it, either, but I could see the NFL putting a halt to it. First, it does seem to fly in the face of the League's crusade to take celebrations out of the game. Doest seem fair that Miles Austin gets 15 yards for leapfrogging Roy Williams but players are allowed to jump into the crowd in a different stadium. Also, in light of what's happened with fan-player altercations over recent years and the pro sports leagues hard stance on players getting involved with fans, it kinda surprises me that they still allow the leap.

I say they should let them keep doing it (as it seems good natured and doesnt bother me) but its not up to me and I can totally see it going away :wacko:

Just to clarify, Sam Hurd was apparently the one who was flagged for the penalty, not Austin. :tup:

That is a GREAT point!

Hmm .. does any of it have to be when it is still on the field of play? Like when Ocho did the pompom thing, was it flagged? Or was TO flagged for the popcorn stuff?

The sharpie was on the "field" by the goalpost . . .so that "could" be on the field of play . . .

Being a Packer fan, nothing is more premeditated than the Lambeau leap. But if it was flagged, I would be VERY pissed off . . .

That is a GREAT point!

Hmm .. does any of it have to be when it is still on the field of play? Like when Ocho did the pompom thing, was it flagged? Or was TO flagged for the popcorn stuff?

The sharpie was on the "field" by the goalpost . . .so that "could" be on the field of play . . .

Being a Packer fan, nothing is more premeditated than the Lambeau leap. But if it was flagged, I would be VERY pissed off . . .

IIRC the Sharpie thing was right near the stands, because he immediately handed it to someone in the first row. Now, the fake mooning - THAT was in the end zone near the goal post.

I just don't see why the league allows something and not others. Jared Allen is not allowed to go to a knee to do his calf rope celebration but you seee players going to a knee and pointing to the sky to celebrate.

Granted Allen probably needs to get a sack in order to celebrate :wacko:

I just don't see why the league allows something and not others. Jared Allen is not allowed to go to a knee to do his calf rope celebration but you seee players going to a knee and pointing to the sky to celebrate.

Granted Allen probably needs to get a sack in order to celebrate :wacko:

Yeah but the Jared Allen thing is just ghey . . . . . .;0

I thought I had read it would get flagged if more than 1 person does it (at the same time). Doesn't the NFL have a thing against group celebration?

They should try it. I did it once in college and it was awesome.

I think the difference is that they are interacting with their fans - and I don't know how that can be a bad thing.
It's all fun and games until some poor unsuspecting fan gets crushed under a 350 lb lineman that recovered a fumble and wanted to give the leap a try. But then again, if you have front row seats in the endzone at Lambeau, you are definitely not poor and you are expecting it so nevermind...

It's all fun and games until some poor unsuspecting fan gets crushed under a 350 lb lineman that recovered a fumble and wanted to give the leap a try. But then again, if you have front row seats in the endzone at Lambeau, you are definitely not poor and you are expecting it so nevermind...

When Gilbert Brown played, there were signs for him to do it.

There's no way a lineman gets high enough to get up there without a forklift.