[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where did your 2010 draft go wrong?

Grits and Shins

Sitting at 4.02 thinking "i Know he won't come back around and I have him(Arian Foster) in one league already...I'll take Pierre Thomas". This is where it started to go wrong. I have to get over this fear of having the same player in multiple leagues.

First 3 were Peyton Manning, Andre Johnson and Jamal Charles...add Percy Harvin, Braylon Edwards and the Stellers DST and I'm about to go 1 and 6. Doesn't help I played the top point scoring team each of the first 3 weeks either. I hate arbitrary things! Random Sh!t Sucks!

Missing the 1st 7 picks of my family draft and allowing yahoo to auto select with no presets. The draft is the same time on the same Sunday every year and I spaced and went out for breakfast. 1-6 with no hopes of turning it around from the start.

Big money league:

1.02 – AP

2.11 – Roddy White

3.02 – DeSean Jackson

4.11 – Brent Celek

5.02 – Ahmad Bradshaw

6.11 – Hakeem Nicks

7.02 – L.T.

Not bad so far except for Celek. We'll see how DeSean bounces back.

In my main $$ league I think its safe to say I had a NEAR perfect draft...

1.7 - Frank Gore

2.3 - Reggie Wayne

3.7 - Brandon Marshall

4.3 - Ryan Matthews (only mistake)

5.7 - Beanie Wells

6.3 - Philip Rivers

7.7 - Vernon Davis

8.3 - Percy Harvin

9.7 - Arian Foster

and the rest is history...sitting on 6-0 about to go 7-0

Some people can’t read too good.

Drafting A. Rodgers in the 1st round in both my locals. QBs are usually the highest scorers in these leagues. I had late 1st round picks in both. I tried to get cute & waited until round 5 in one & round 4 in the other before taking a RB. I thought is was going to be a bold new world this year. Nope, staring @ a 4-4 record in the one & a 3-4 record (if S. Smith can score 3 pts) in the other. None of my late round picks have done squat except M. Williams (TB). Unless something magical happens, I'll miss the playoffs in both for the 1st time in 4 or 5 years.

...and the beer didn't help either.

Had the 5th pick in a 10 team league and Gore went #4. Didn't want to pick a WR so I felt I had no choice to pick MJD

1.05 Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB

2.05 Peyton Manning, Ind QB

3.05 Roddy White, Atl WR

4.05 Marques Colston, NO WR

5.05 Dallas Clark*, Ind TE

6.05 Jahvid Best, Det RB

7.05 Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR

8.05 Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG RB

9.05 Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB

10.05 Donovan McNabb

6-1 so far so I can't complain :wacko:

In my main $$ league I think its safe to say I had a NEAR perfect draft...

1.7 - Frank Gore

2.3 - Reggie Wayne

3.7 - Brandon Marshall

4.3 - Ryan Matthews (only mistake)

5.7 - Beanie Wells

6.3 - Philip Rivers

7.7 - Vernon Davis

8.3 - Percy Harvin

9.7 - Arian Foster

and the rest is history...sitting on 6-0 about to go 7-0

I :wacko: to you Sir. Amazing draft indeed. But the topic was "where did your 2010 draft go wrong?"

Uhhh someone didn't keep Chris Johnson or are you being sarcastic? And the #2 pick what the :wacko:

Got room in your league next year... :tup:

OK, full disclosure - so many people assume the wrong things about leagues <sigh>

In our league you cannot keep a player drafted in the first 2 rounds the year before. Chris Johnson was a first round pick last year so was not eligible to be kept the following season. I had the #2 pick overall due to a stellar 11th place out of 12 finish in the previous season. The guy with the #1 pick is a MN homer and took Peterson (who also was not eligible to be kept). Johnson "fell" to me at #2.

And I know the :tup: is just sarcasm, so I'm not busting on you at all here, but I really hate explaining every detail of whatever particular league I am in when I post. Why can't people just take things at face value sometimes?

OK, full disclosure - so many people assume the wrong things about leagues <sigh>

In our league you cannot keep a player drafted in the first 2 rounds the year before. Chris Johnson was a first round pick last year so was not eligible to be kept the following season. I had the #2 pick overall due to a stellar 11th place out of 12 finish in the previous season. The guy with the #1 pick is a MN homer and took Peterson (who also was not eligible to be kept). Johnson "fell" to me at #2.

And I know the :tup: is just sarcasm, so I'm not busting on you at all here, but I really hate explaining every detail of whatever particular league I am in when I post. Why can't people just take things at face value sometimes?

I know what you're saying there. My main local has a few quirky rules, making me explain why I have 'keepers' like Tim Hightower and James Davis (and add Marion Barber to that turdbucket list this year). :tup:

The huddle probably build a 'fantasy league rule repository', where we can post some of the rules we have and link them, so we don't have to keep explaining things. :wacko:

Shonne Greene at 3.5 I thought I got a steal! Luckily I drafted McCoy in the 4th and Foster in the 7th. I'm still waiting for LT to go down with one of his phantam injuries!