[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So how is your team after going WR WR in the draft

devildog0311

I've read DMD's book, use all the tools, read all the articles, etc.

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of drafting is plain dumb luck. A lot of research does help, especially in the later rounds. But who really knew Foster would work out like he did? Or McCoy(come on, be honest)?

I laugh every year at the guys who bring magazines. However, one of them has the best team. So, what does that say?

I have a pretty good team, but bad luck in match ups. I'm in first in my division, but at 4-3, but I'm no powerhouse. Working trades and the ww does wonders.

In the end, I really believe that overall it's better to draft down the order (8-12) and take best player available. At those spots, it just happens to be WR's most of the time.

Dude, trade for a qb. You have 5 roster-worthy rb's and 6 roster-worthy wr's. It would be so easy to trade 1 or 2 or 3 of those for someone's back-up qb. Or pick up Fitzpatrick. Henne doens't cut it. He's been okay, but, seriously................

I have tried...no one in my league trades except me and the one other guy who I have made the only two trades in the league with. Fitz is on a roster already. I would argue with you about Henne as well. He is a top 6 QB the last 4 games...stats do not lie.

I have not drafted a RB in the first four rounds in 6 years.

This year I went: QB, TE, WR, WR, WR first five rounds, then heavied up with RB rounds 6-10.

This is a 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1DEF starter league with no flex, no ppr and heavy on bonuses.

I am 5-2 and leading the league in scoring.

Brees

Bradshaw and LT (T.Jones filling in during byes)

Roddy White, TO, Welker, L.Moore

Finley (now HMiller)

Years past I have gone WR, WR, WR, RB and even WR, WR, WR, WR - with moderate to large success.

Well in my league we keep 3 players from the previous season and my keeper were:

A Rodgers

L McCoy

R Rice

So for mt to go WR, WR in the draft was a no brainer. I actuallt ended up going WR, WR, TE(we have to start a TE) and my picks were:

B Marshall

R White

J Finley

Of course of my 3 Keepers & 1st 3 picks, 5 are still going strong.

I am currently 6-1 and the highest scroing team in my league.

10 Team PPR with the last pick. Took Roddy White at #10 and then Fitz with the first pick in the second round. Points leader with only one team within 100 points of me (trails by 60) but I'm sitting at 4-3...go figure.

Also got Nicks, T.O. and Floyd later on in the draft.

In a 12 team standard performance scoring league. Had the 12th pick. Ended up going Moss, Wayne, Fitz, Gates. Currently 5-2 and leading the league in scoring overall.

I was able to get what has worked out to be some decent RB's. (McFadden, Moreno, and Hillis), and have Ryan/McNabb as QB's.

First time I've ever gone down this path with WR's. Always been a RB heavy team, just got lucky with my picks and waivers throughout the season.

I would take this strategy again but it would solely be depended on my position in the draft and what value i thought I could get later on. I had some gambles and they fortunately paid off, but it could have easily gone the other direction.

Electricrelish and I joined a $350 WCOFF super sat this year (1st place $10,000) and went WR-WR

We went Marshall and Austin from the 10th slot

We started the year on fire as we were ranked #1 overall out of 144 teams after 5 weeks but we had a rough week last week and find ourselves 6th out of the 144 teams right now.

What stinks for us is we happen to be in a league (12 leagues or 12 teams) where we are only 3rd now out of our own league as they rank 2nd and 3rd overall and only the top 2 teams get into the playoffs from each league.

Electricrelish nailed our RB's going McCoy in round 4 and LT in round 7 helping us to where we are now.

Edited by Henry Muto