[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Romo fractured clavicle

Grits and Shins

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The +1 is was referring too:

QUOTE (Double Agent @ 10/25/10 9:54pm)

+1. The season was basically over anyway. Kitna throwing to Witten (his only receiver apparently) is not going to win too many games. Season done. Romo done for season. Wade done. Rangers win World Series.

This is dumb. It's not like they're 3-3 and he gets hurt. Then sure maybe Kitna can hold the fort. But they're 1-5. Really? You don't see that?

:wacko:

The point I was making was this team prior to last night was 1-4 with Romo...and yet there were still manyl Cowboys fans that felt they had a great chance to rebound.

I think last night's ugly defensive display, coupled with the poor OL play and complete lack coaching prowess we saw in the 1st five games, proved that the loss of Romo had no impact on the fact that this was a 7-9 team, at best. That likely hasn't changed much with Kitna at QB, though we are hearing from many posters in this thread to "stick a fork in them". They were cooked, sliced, and on the table long before Romo broke his clavicle. Its kinda like saying "The Panthers season is over if Matt Moore gets hurt this week"...reality is a tough pill to swallow.

Positively, I think the team will be more well-rounded with Kitna in there. They will need to focus on running the ball, something they have been unfathomably reluctant to do thus far. They have had no running game to set up the pass, and it let DL and LBs bull-rush Romo, resulting in a ton of tipped balls and mad scrambles. There will be less of that if they truly commit to the run, and if successful, it will likely give Kitna the extra time he needs to find open WRs. The offense won't be more explosive, just more balanced.

I think many Cowboys homers will be surprised at how well the team looks and plays with Kitna under center...with the option of "let Romo work his magic" gone.

Roy Williams says Kitna is just as good. Compliment to Kitna or backhanded slam to Romo? From RTSports.com:

Dallas Cowboys WR Roy Williams said backup QB Jon Kitna is just as good as QB Tony Romo (clavicle), according to David Moore, of The Dallas Morning News. 'Tony is our starter, but Jon is just as good,' Williams said. 'We are going to work this week in practice so we can get the timing down with the receivers. But I have complete faith in him. I have played with him for three years and I know how good he is. He will put the ball where it needs to be.'

Roy Williams says Kitna is just as good. Compliment to Kitna or backhanded slam to Romo?

I'll say C. Total BS.

So there I sit at my draft, after having the #1 pick (CJ), it comes back to me for back-to-back picks #24 and #25. Being a lifelong Cowboy fan, I've always known not to hitch my FF wagon to the 'Boys. I know that. Yet somehow, despite my desperate attempt to stifle it, the words "I'll take Romo and Austin" comes flying out of my mouth. And it even sounded like I was confident and making a good move.

So the season unfolds, the Cowboys suck, yet Romo and Austin are making good contributions. I'm actually #3 in the league is total points!

Then a sack, a Romo laying on the ground too long, a trip to the locker room, an X-ray, and I"m reminded why I should NEVER hitch my FF wagon to the Cowboys.

I hate fantasy football.

Well, I just traded Randy Moss for Matt Schaub to fill the void left by Romo's broken clavicle. I actually don't mind dealing Randy Moss with the terrible QB play there, and luckily I'm deep enough at WR that it probably won't hurt me a ton. Still, losing Romo hurts...

Well, I just traded Randy Moss for Matt Schaub to fill the void left by Romo's broken clavicle. I actually don't mind dealing Randy Moss with the terrible QB play there, and luckily I'm deep enough at WR that it probably won't hurt me a ton. Still, losing Romo hurts...

I lost Romo and my backup (A Smith) in one league this week. Immediately after they disclosed the news on Romo, I got an offer of Shaub and B Marshall for Roddy White. I am :wacko: about it...

I lost Romo and my backup (A Smith) in one league this week. Immediately after they disclosed the news on Romo, I got an offer of Shaub and B Marshall for Roddy White. I am :wacko: about it...

Yep the Orton owner smells blood in the water, he's trying to package something to me for AJ. I won't budge though, I'm going to gamble on a combination of Flacco and a WW qb like stafford or Fitz and play a little committee ball the rest of the way.

Bass, anyone left on waivers in your league? If not that's a decent offer, good luck.

Yep the Orton owner smells blood in the water, he's trying to package something to me for AJ. I won't budge though, I'm going to gamble on a combination of Flacco and a WW qb like stafford or Fitz and play a little committee ball the rest of the way.

Bass, anyone left on waivers in your league? If not that's a decent offer, good luck.

There are a couple (ie JF, MC, RF) so I am debating if I am better off keeping the #1 WR and rolling the dice with a QB off the wire or pulling the trigger for Shaub and Marshall. Like you said, it is a legit offer.

ETA: apologies for getting off topic a bit here...

Edited by Delicious_bass

I just picked up Fitzpatrick to start instead of Schaub because I've been disappointed in Schaub's inconsistent numbers

I just picked up Fitzpatrick to start instead of Schaub because I've been disappointed in Schaub's inconsistent numbers

If I can get Fitzpatrick on our waiver wire, I will. But I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get cockblocked by someone with priority. I'm hoping either Fitzpatrick or Kitna is there for me. But I'm willing to roll with Schaub if I have to. Maybe the bye week will get the passing game clicking again.

The point I was making was this team prior to last night was 1-4 with Romo...and yet there were still manyl Cowboys fans that felt they had a great chance to rebound.

I think last night's ugly defensive display, coupled with the poor OL play and complete lack coaching prowess we saw in the 1st five games, proved that the loss of Romo had no impact on the fact that this was a 7-9 team, at best. That likely hasn't changed much with Kitna at QB, though we are hearing from many posters in this thread to "stick a fork in them". They were cooked, sliced, and on the table long before Romo broke his clavicle. Its kinda like saying "The Panthers season is over if Matt Moore gets hurt this week"...reality is a tough pill to swallow.

Positively, I think the team will be more well-rounded with Kitna in there. They will need to focus on running the ball, something they have been unfathomably reluctant to do thus far. They have had no running game to set up the pass, and it let DL and LBs bull-rush Romo, resulting in a ton of tipped balls and mad scrambles. There will be less of that if they truly commit to the run, and if successful, it will likely give Kitna the extra time he needs to find open WRs. The offense won't be more explosive, just more balanced.

I think many Cowboys homers will be surprised at how well the team looks and plays with Kitna under center...with the option of "let Romo work his magic" gone.

I agree wholeheartedly....and I was thinking how scary it is--some of these playoff contenders, one perfect hit like that and their star QB could be out for the season, dashing the hopes of a super bowl

Well the alternative would be to believe they have no chance and what cowboys fans wants to be that miserable and enjoy nothing about the next 10 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...