[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Non Favre Fans...

Ed Hoyle

Favre was Booed off the field after what could very well be his last time at Lambeau until he's inducted into the HOF.

Do you think he deserved such an unceremonious send-off at the place where he had a part in GB history?

Forget the on again off again drama.

Forget his cellphone issues (shoulda used ATT).

Forget his jersey color.

These all have merit, but base the send-off on what he did for Green Bay and the NFL as a player....pure and simple.

If Philly can cheer McNabb on his return...where does that leave GB?

Some say he's an enemy pure and simple....others a great player.

Just let the years of playing without a miss and the records (good and bad) speak for themselves. You don't play that long through injuries only in the name of glory whoring...remember the gamevs. Oakland after his Dad died? Wow that was selfish.

Look at the BIG picture of him as a player pure and simple.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

Favre was Booed off the field after what could very well be his last time at Lambeau until he's inducted into the HOF.

Do you think he deserved such an unceremonious send-off at the place where he had a part in GB history?

Forget his jersey color.

These all have merit, but base the send-off on what he did for Green Bay and the NFL as a player....pure and simple.

Just let the years of playing without a miss and the records (good and bad) speak for themselves.

If you look at just the stats, he is no better than Elway or Manning. But I can't jsut leave it at stats. You mentioned McNabb in comparison, and here is why I think Favre is a worry wart.

McNabb gets respect from Philli fans because he was traded after a long career.

he didn't put fans and coaches through the retirement ringer (maybe i will, i dunno, gee whiz i love football and im jsut a regular guy, if you love me i will play"). Then actually retire only to NOT retire and go to NY. And then do the retirement trick with them, only to end up at his division rivals Minn, and then do the retirement trick to them too. Along the way he took some pix of his dork, rumored to have given Det a call with GB playbook info and ended 2 of his last 3 years by tossing horrible INTs in the NFC Championship game.

I get that and take your viewpoint as your own opinion.

But look at what GB was in the 80s and then through the Favre years.

Also, if Driver, Jennings, and crap, even Rodgers can hug him after a game doesn't that say something??

I'm just saying one would think he deserved a more cordial send-off after that game.

Not a Green Bay, Minnesota or Jets Fan, but i've always enjoyed watching Favre play. Have a lot of respect for him as a player. His back and forth on playing each year, while annoying, never bothered me too much. There's other players in football and other sports that do this but noone cares because they start to suck. Jerry Rice, although still good at the end, played way past his prime. Emmit Smith. Willie Mays. i could go on for hours, literally. Look at Rickey Henderson. He could still be trying to play for all i know and he's like 50. Things are starting to go down hill a bit here for Brett and it's a little sad watching him limping around. If harvin had gotten his feet down or if the vikings OL didn't get that 15 yard penalty they could've won on sunday. If he were healthy, i'd still be confident that he could turn things around.

Forget his jersey color.

Just let the years of playing without a miss and the records (good and bad) speak for themselves. You don't play that long through injuries only in the name of glory whoring...remember the gamevs. Oakland after his Dad died? Wow that was selfish.

No shiatt if you forget all that stuff nobody would have booed him.

You can't forget about that "other" stuff - it all happened. I was at the game and did not boo him but I was very happy that he had a horrible game.

No shiatt if you forget all that stuff nobody would have booed him.

You can't forget about that "other" stuff - it all happened. I was at the game and did not boo him but I was very happy that he had a horrible game.

Heck, I'm a Favre Fan, and a GB Fan. (Yeah, I know...many say this can't be.)

BUT, I was yelling at the pick-6 as much as anyone else.

I respect the fact that you didn't boo.

I am just looking at others' opinion on this. Seems like both sides see it in their own way.

I lost a lot of respect for Favre with the recent revelations about his lewd behavior, especially the way he is trying to weasel out of the dick pics ("Sure, ah called her, but ah did not sext that woman"). Unfortunately, all of his on-field successes might get overshadowed by his midlfe crisis, pathetically chasing after a woman half his age while his cancer survivor wife is at home with the kids.

I am not saying Favre is as bad as the murdering O.J. Simpson, but answer me this: who pays much attention to O.J.'s football career these days? Or who spends much time thinking about the many accomplishments of Pete Rose, who threw away everything because he couldn't control his urge to bet? Or how about Steve McNair, whose storied career gets overshadowed by his stupid affair with the psychotic, coke-snorting Sahel Kazemi, who killed them both in a jealous rage?

Unfortunately, Favre's stupidity is likely going to define his image, at least unless he pays off Jenn Sterger and/or the other woman (women?) he allegedly sexted. Even then there will still be a cloud of sleaze following Favre around for a long, long time.

Favre has always had a gunslinger mentality. Act first ask questions later. Why would his personal life be any different? He hasn't raped anyone like Big Ben. He hasn't slaughtered dogs like Vick. And this opinion I have is before any resolution has been made on this drawn out fiasco that the league has provided on this Favre issue. The league thinks that they are cleaning up their act, but Favre isn't even involved in any criminal investigation.

Alot of Vikings fans are hoping for a QB change right now. That is stupid. Favre has abused his body playing in this league and some day he will be paying for it. He hasn't left anything on the table. They always got everything he had. The Packers have benefited from this. No doubt.

Now in comparison, TJax has taken himself out in the closing minutes of a crucial football game because he had an owie. He walked off the field with no limp whatsoever. He wasn't lying on the ground. He just checked out. That isn't going to cut it in the NFL. You have to have the competitve edge that all the great ones have to play in the league.

Edited by MikesVikes

As a non-GB, non-Favre fan, he's clearly done alot for the city, the NFL, and football fans in general. The problem is, he kinda crapped on that legacy with his actions leaving GB and then ultimately ending up with major division rival Minn. That's really a stick in the eye because he so clearly did it just to make life miserable for GB management. So, I can see why fans would still be pissed and would boo him off the field.

Personally, I wouldn't boo. I would stare in wild wonder at what the hell this guy's done with his career and life over the last few years, but I would not boo. I don't think it's wrong, it's just not me. I think historymike brings up a good point that the legacy of Favre is not going to improve with age. Let's hope he doesn't turn into a football Charlie Sheen.

I lost a lot of respect for Favre with the recent revelations about his lewd behavior, especially the way he is trying to weasel out of the dick pics ("Sure, ah called her, but ah did not sext that woman"). Unfortunately, all of his on-field successes might get overshadowed by his midlfe crisis, pathetically chasing after a woman half his age while his cancer survivor wife is at home with the kids.

I am not saying Favre is as bad as the murdering O.J. Simpson, but answer me this: who pays much attention to O.J.'s football career these days? Or who spends much time thinking about the many accomplishments of Pete Rose, who threw away everything because he couldn't control his urge to bet? Or how about Steve McNair, whose storied career gets overshadowed by his stupid affair with the psychotic, coke-snorting Sahel Kazemi, who killed them both in a jealous rage?

Unfortunately, Favre's stupidity is likely going to define his image, at least unless he pays off Jenn Sterger and/or the other woman (women?) he allegedly sexted. Even then there will still be a cloud of sleaze following Favre around for a long, long time.

You're not saying a web site that claims to have pics of Favre's junk is as bad as murder? Thanks for clearing that up.

Being a Niner fan, I had a rooting interest against the GB teams he led in the 90s but I still couldn't help but like the guy. And once my Niners faded into the back of the pack, I often found myself rooting for GB over most teams. Again, not a fan, but just found myself rooting for them more often than not in big games.

So, I actually liked the guy. Now, I completely root against him. Hell, I didn't know who to root for in the Dallas/Minny game and that says a lot because I freaking despise Dallas.

And it has nothing to do with playing past his prime, so you can forget the comparison to Rice, or Emmitt, or Mays. Well, I don't know how the Mays deal went down, but the other guys knew the deal. You want to keep playing? That's cool, but you're going to have to find a team. Rice didn't hold SF hostage each year, basically putting himself above the team. I'm sure he wasn't happy about being let go and I bet he wanted to show them that they shouldn't have let him go, but it's not like he was on some public vendetta against the team.

Favre not only played the BS retirement game, which basically forced GB to start looking into the QB of the future, he got all pissy when GB essentially told him to poop or get off the pot because the kid was ready and about to become a FA himself. I mean, how dare they? Who wouldn't have done the same thing. You've got some major employee and all he seems to talk about out is how he thinks it's time to hang it up. You'd have to be an idiot to not start planning for that. Did GB owe it to him to ignore this act for all the years it was going on and start from scratch if and when he decided to bail? It's as if he wanted them to be as bad after he left as they were before he got there.

So, if I was a GB fan, I would show the guy no love at all, because he's made it clear he wasn't out there for me, he was out there for himself. And that's fine, but he got paid and he got glory and that appears to be what it's about for him. So he's owed nothing beyond that. Hell, somehow the fact that his wife survived breast cancer became another feather in his cap. Well now it looks like he's trying to get some young trim on the side so, so much for that.

Really, there's not a lot to like about the guy and he's deserving all the crap coming his way.

you cannot look at the big picture w/o addressing how he held GB hostage for so many years.

you cannot look at the big picture w/o addressing the recent cell phone issues and his addiction issues.

you cannot look at the big picture w/o his wanting to go to a division opponent.

you cannot look at the big picture w/o addressing how he said that it wasn't his job to mentor Rogers.

You mention looking at him as a player "pure and simple" and forgeting his character issues. Should folk also cheer OJ and forget his character issues - or is character an important part of the equation of who you cheer or boo for?

McNabb never held his team hostage. McNabb was traded in division. No comparison.

I think that this generation of Packer fans has every right to boo Favre.

I think that this generation of Eagles fans had every reason to cheer for McNabb.

Edited by Duchess Jack

He should be cheered like hell when he runs in.

He should be booed like hell at kickoff.

He should be cheered like hell when the final whistle blows.

Favre has done nothing malicious toward the team. Yes he was flaky on whether or not he wanted to retire. Big deal. After what he gave that franchise he's earned that right. And the franchise had the right to do what they did - decide they couldn't remain in limbo forever and that they needed to make a decision and move on. Kudos to them, and kudos to Favre for accepting that that was only fair to them and moving on.

Everything else is someone being my little buddyhurt over nothing.

So, if I was a GB fan, I would show the guy no love at all, because he's made it clear he wasn't out there for me, he was out there for himself. And that's fine, but he got paid and he got glory and that appears to be what it's about for him. So he's owed nothing beyond that.

well said. :wacko:

He should be cheered like hell when he runs in.

He should be booed like hell at kickoff.

He should be cheered like hell when the final whistle blows.

Favre has done nothing malicious toward the team. Yes he was flaky on whether or not he wanted to retire. Big deal. After what he gave that franchise he's earned that right. And the franchise had the right to do what they did - decide they couldn't remain in limbo forever and that they needed to make a decision and move on. Kudos to them, and kudos to Favre for accepting that that was only fair to them and moving on.

Everything else is someone being my little buddyhurt over nothing.

Dude, did you follow the situation at all? Because your version is rather...well, "imaginative". Sure, don't crucify him for waffling on retirement. But when GB said it was time to move on, he did anything but "accept that was only fair", he stomped his feet and demanded to be traded to a rival. Thing is, he was under contract so he had no choice.