[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josheph Addai

devildog0311

In a dynasty league and looking to next year already. Correct me if I'm wrong but Addai will be a FA next year. I'm a Brown owner and was thinking of packaging him in for a trade but now that I think of it, if he is going to start next year I would rather keep him. I am a little thin at RB's. Does Indy ship or keep Addai? :wacko:

It's a very good question. One that does not have an answer yet. If Donald Brown can show something over the course of the rest of the season, and stay healthy, there is a chance the Colts let Addai walk. More likely, I see him being given the franchise tender next year, and playing in Indy for one more year. I do not see the Colts giving him a new contract.

They would be nuts to do so IMO. Yeah he's "versatile" but he's a half-ass runner at best. But Brown can't stay healthy and Hart isn't an every-down guy. They need someone else. sigh

Polian doesn't pay RBs, so he'd have to take less than market value to stay.

Then again if Addai cannot get healthy enough to maximize his value, I'm not exactly sure what he's worth. I think he's a decent RB who rarely fumbles and Indy would be happy to have him back (at the right price).

I think it depends on Addai. He seems like the type that would take less money in order to stay put. Before the season I snagged Brown in my deep keeper thinking Addai would be out the door after this season. Now I'm just not as sure. I do think the franchise tag is a viable option even if people don't think he's worth it. It's a way for a team to buy one more season before they have to address the RB position.

why wouldn't IND keep him for cheap?

You honestly think that Addai would want more money than the tag? I bet you could sign him for 3-4 years for the cost of the tag.

I think it depends on if Indy thinks he's part of their future. I agree that allot of that will have to do with how much money he's trying to get. If they feel his asking price is too high for a long term deal then I could totally see them franchise him for 1 year just to buy themselves an extra year before looking for another back.

Sorry but the franchise tag is laughable and no way do the Colts do that. If they have the smarts they will try to lowball him and if he has the smarts he won't quibble much as his career would quickly fizzle if he goes anywhere else.