[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Torain

Chloroform Rx

What happens to Torain's role if/when Portis returns? From what I understand week 10 is the target date for his return. It seems like he was already taking over before Portis got hurt but it wasn't until he was actually out that he became a viable fantasy option. What does everyone forsee in the coming weeks IF Portis returns?

Is Torain the ULTIMATE sell high player?

lmao portis did nothing but got 2 goaline td's one game. Portis won't start and they will roll with toraine unless he only gets 30 yards and 2 fumbles in a game

Agreed. He wasn't anything special before he got hurt. I don't see how he comes back from that injury and plays any better.

As a Skins homer, I see Portis taking over K.Williams third down back duties. There is no better blocking back in the league. As far as 1-2 down and goal line carries...it is obvious to all that watch the Skins that Torain is far and away the better, stronger option.

IMO the only issue with Torain is health.

IMO the only issue with Torain is health.

I agree. Torain runs hard and the potential for injury is high (just like Hillis). I hate to say this, but I don't think he finishes the season. Then it's Portis again.

Shanny hasn't ever liked Portis's arrogance

Even if true, it's irrelevant. Shanny will give Portis as many carries as he feels he's due based on talent.

And if this isn't Portis' last year, next surely is, and he'll be lucky to be a part-timer. I wonder if WAS will consider drafting a RB high next year. Torain's OK but limited.

Even if true, it's irrelevant. Shanny will give Portis as many carries as he feels he's due based on talent.

And if this isn't Portis' last year, next surely is, and he'll be lucky to be a part-timer. I wonder if WAS will consider drafting a RB high next year. Torain's OK but limited.

Portis was an all pro when Shanny traded him to Washington. He doesn't like Portis and his glamor attitude. That's how he's always been and Torain is Shanny's pet project and Portis knows this already. I suspect Portis retires after this year just because there is no chance he gets a starting job in this back field again.

Portis was an all pro when Shanny traded him to Washington. He doesn't like Portis and his glamor attitude. That's how he's always been and Torain is Shanny's pet project and Portis knows this already. I suspect Portis retires after this year just because there is no chance he gets a starting job in this back field again.

This.

Pet project is slightly defamatory and not really true. Torain is a bad ass and Shannagins just happened to have him on the practice squad and promoted him out of need. Yes, he has an injury history, but for me that means little in terms of future projections. Portis is an arrogant punk, and Torrain will be the featured back for the foreseeable future.

EDITED: to add back

Edited by Turf Smurf