[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yo Romo owners!

Goopster24

As of Monday night, I'm sitting in first place extremely comfortable with my team. Then Romo gets hurt. :wacko:

What have people done to plan for the rest of the season? I snatched Kitna off waivers along with Josh Freeman (gulp). Thinking about taking a flier on Tavaris Jackson as well. I'm planning on some sort of platoon, just don't know who exactly.

Lost him in two leagues (was only rostered QB). Got Fitzgerald and Kitna off waivers in both. Going to ride it out with them. Gradkowski is available in one league, I may add him next week (I average 1-2 serious injuries on that roster per week, I've learned to wait until the claims period to pick up players). My weekly routine at this point reminds me of the Monte Python movie where everyone waits for the guys to come around with the wagon, yelling "Bring out yer dead..."

Edited by CowboysDiehard

In one league I picked up Ryan Fitzpatrick (the most productive fantasy QB on a per game basis, ahead of Manning, Rodgers, etc.) and Josh Freeman and will play mix and match the rest of the way.

In another league I traded Kenny Britt (don't trust him going forward) for Ben Roethlisberger.

RE: Tarvaris Jackson, if you like the numbers Brett Favre has been giving you so far you'll love T-Jax. I don't see any upside to him.

2V

I cut Romo as well. I think it will be a miracle if the Cowboys still have a shot at the playoffs when he is finally ready to come back. I dont think he will take another snap this year.

I was very lucky to be able to pick up Fitzpatrick off of waivers and then add Stafford when he cleared waivers. Play matchups the rest of the way. A Ben Roethlisberger owner is trying to make a deal with me but Im hoping I dont even need him.

I cut Romo as well. I think it will be a miracle if the Cowboys still have a shot at the playoffs when he is finally ready to come back. I dont think he will take another snap this year.

I was very lucky to be able to pick up Fitzpatrick off of waivers and then add Stafford when he cleared waivers. Play matchups the rest of the way. A Ben Roethlisberger owner is trying to make a deal with me but Im hoping I dont even need him.

Fitz is a solid pick up and playing at TOP QB levels right now. I see no reason why he cannot continue. Its nce his def is awful too.

I DIDNT have Romo in either on my leagues, but grabbed Kitna in both due to BYEs for my QBs..

Neither Romo owner picked up Kitna, AND EACH HAD HIGHER WAIVER PICKS!!

Weirdly both have Sanchez..... One says he's rolling with the Sanchize.... the other picked up Bart Favre... Neither wants to try and trade for Ryan/Flacco/Vick/Eli Manning/Kitna

This is my opinion of each of those owners:

Edited by The Waterboy

If I don't get Fitzpatrick (blind bidding announced tonight) I'm going to try some committee ball with 2 of flacco, stafford and Henne.

Someone had to drop Stafford last week and if I do recall the Henne-Stafford combo yields a lot of favorable matchups (in warm weather) from here on out.

First I threw up, then tried to shake off that feeling as if someone just slugged me in the nuts with a sledge hammer and like in the movie Pale Rider with Clint Eastwood, climbed back on my horse and road on with Mark Sanchez whom I drafted as a Break Glass back up.

I have lost Dallas Clark, and now Romo. My bark is still there, but my bite has lost a few teeth and a lot of umphhhhh. :wacko:

I dropped Romo immediately. I didnt see him coming back this year with the record Dallas is sporting. Lucky to be in the #1 hole on waivers, got Fitzpatrick...... hoping he continues to shine!

Dropped Romo, picked up Stafford and Fitzpatrick: going to see who looks stronger heading into the playoffs. Would have picked up Kitna, but naturally my WW order was 10 this week. In this particular league I have been getting slaughtered by injuries, though somehow I am still 3-3-1 and in 4th place. This owes more to the relative ineptitude of the other owners (several newbies this year) than to any skill on my part, although I am still flush with RBs in this 10-team league (Foster, McCoy, Forte, Mathews, Bush, Blount).

I picked up Kitna and had the luxury of depth at WR so traded for Matt Schaub as well. If Houston's defense continues its horrendous play (and DeMeco Ryans' absence doesn't help matters), they'll probably be forced to throw to some extent.

Good move. I'm sure a lot of Schaub owners have soured at this point. If you think he is going to have a big 2nd half, he is a great buy-low candidate.

Count me as another new Kitna owner. I dropped Romo altogether.

+1. I dropped Romo for Kitna, I just can't see letting him clog a roster spot the rest of the season when he probably won't be back until fantasy Superbowls, if at all. I have Orton as well, and now that people are getting into bye week trouble in my league, a few teams have been forced to drop their mediocre backup QBs so there are some other options on the wire like Carson Palmer, Chad Henne, and Josh Freeman. Still debating if I should even bother putting in a claim on any of those guys, I'm not sure Kitna won't be just as good if not better with the weapons he has and Dallas often playing from behind.

Edited by Skrappy1

Traded for Schaub and added Kitna in the only league I own him in. Now debating between Kitna and Schaub for this weekend.

I have the same exact dilemma. I'm rolling with Schaub though for a couple reasons. First, I think the Cowboys have a better chance of getting a lead and, thus, possibly running more in the 2nd half, whereas I have a hard time envisioning Houston building a lead. Second, the Colts are probably going to do everything they can to not get embarrassed by Arian Foster again, plus their secondary is in a lot worse shape this time around. And lastly, it's hard to predict if the Cowboys' offense is going to change at all without Romo. Theoretically, they'll throw just as much with Kitna, but it's possible their philosophy changes. That makes Kitna every so slightly risky to me. It's a pretty close decision, as I can envision 270 and 3 for Kitna against Jacksonville, but I just have a feeling that the Houston passing game is going to perform well.