[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Dallas Cowboys select __________ with the 1st overall pick of the 2011 NFL Draft

ThatDude

Wait a sec....Dallas has the ability to stumble into 5-6 wins.

Buffalo does not.

Have you watched Buffalo play this season? They look much, much better than Dallas...I think Buffalo will win more games than Dallas this year. Who does Dallas have left on the schedule that they can/should beat: @ Green Bay (no), @ NY Giants (no), Detroit (sadly not gonna win that one either), New Orleans (no), @ Indy (hell no), Philly (no), Wash (no), @ AZ (maybe...but probably not) and @ Philly (no). I see no way we stumble into 5-6 more wins or even 5 total wins...we'd be lucky to get 2 more wins I think.

KO'd

It really doesnt matter if Dallas gets the number 1 pick. Dallas just needs to be high enough to get the best lineman in the draft. I dont follow college football but I assume the consensus # 1 for next year isnt an O lineman. So if Dallas doesnt get the # 1 it isnt a big deal . Like I have said on here many times. We need a Gruden or Cowher type or it doesnt matter if we get the top 5 picks in a row. Jerry should fire Wade today. His team has totally stopped playing for him. The players should be embarrased for such lack of heart/guts and Wade should be embarrased for such lack of discipline and abilities to lead. I knew this team had holes but I didnt realize in many areas we need to be in almost straight up rebuild mode. O line has serious holes and our secondary is awful too. Newman cant stay healthy and Jenkins is a Matador. Anyone that hates the Cowboys should be enjoying this season more than any season you will ever watch. Having a bad year I can tolerate. Being a bunch of gutless quitters is just unacceptable.

It really doesnt matter if Dallas gets the number 1 pick. Dallas just needs to be high enough to get the best lineman in the draft. I dont follow college football but I assume the consensus # 1 for next year isnt an O lineman. So if Dallas doesnt get the # 1 it isnt a big deal . Like I have said on here many times. We need a Gruden or Cowher type or it doesnt matter if we get the top 5 picks in a row. Jerry should fire Wade today. His team has totally stopped playing for him. The players should be embarrased for such lack of heart/guts and Wade should be embarrased for such lack of discipline and abilities to lead. I knew this team had holes but I didnt realize in many areas we need to be in almost straight up rebuild mode. O line has serious holes and our secondary is awful too. Newman cant stay healthy and Jenkins is a Matador. Anyone that hates the Cowboys should be enjoying this season more than any season you will ever watch. Having a bad year I can tolerate. Being a bunch of gutless quitters is just unacceptable.

THIS!

At least the 1-15 ('89 I believe) season where we only beat the Redskins in DC was tolerable because our team simply did not have enough talent to compete (so young). That is why this season is soo very hard to swallow because "on paper" (I suppose we are paper lions) we appear to have a lot of talent - but with absolutely ZERO discipline or threat of discipline. Agree we need a Cowher or Gruden type here but I am not sure that JJ can get out of his own way long enough to realize it. If he hires some other retread "yes man" (ala Al Davis - his football godfather) we are screwed for years to come. No idea who the #1 O-lineman is but he is likely NOT a top1 or 2 draft pick so you are right again...we can land him at #5 even I bet.

KO'd

There doesn't appear to be a top tier left tackle prospect in next year's draft at the moment. 2010 was a much better year for finding someone to anchor your OL. A couple of reliable mock 2011 drafts I read didn't have a single offensive lineman in the top 20. But things could change between now and April I guess.

Edited by MTSuper7

There doesn't appear to be a top tier left tackle prospect in next year's draft at the moment. 2010 was a much better year for finding someone to anchor your OL. A couple of reliable mock 2011 drafts I read didn't have a single offensive lineman in the top 20. But things could change between now and April I guess.

Well that figures :wacko:

KO'd