[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikes @ Pats

v0dka

:wacko: I just heard Percy Harvin say in a post game interview that they could easily be undefeated if they just had a few breaks go their way.

Like Sidney Rice not having surgery . . favre not playing his age . . . . the coach somehow not being an idiot . .

yep . . just a couple breaks . . .:tup:

I missed the game. Sounds like the Vikings are pretty much a full blow trainwreck about now. I did run into this and I must say...

classy

:wacko:

What else would you expect from a chunky redneck wearing a jersey and camo pants. Even more pathetic... the queer dude next to him (that look's like Powder's brother), trying to take a quick photo of Favre while touching himself. :tup:

As for the game, I thought the Vikings' play-calling in the first half was brilliant, at times... Change of pace, keeping the defense off-balance with misdirection plays to Harvin, etc. Up until the decision to go for it on 4th and goal, rather than taking the three-point lead into halftime, I was fairly pleased with how things were going. Terrible decision, terrible call (to hand it to AP, when everyone in the stadium is expecting exactly that), terrible execution (if you're going to run that play, at least let Peterson get some momentum running towards the line... he and Favre basically ran right into each other, making the play a failure almost before the ball was even exchanged).

Second half was a different story, almost as if the debacle to end the half just snowballed. As good as the MIN defense has been at bending without breaking (at times), they broke yesterday. In the Dallas game, for example, they didn't give up big plays. Yesterday, they did (Tate). The fact that they haven't had a sack, as a team, in three weeks, is pathetic and unacceptable. Best case, the way they are playing... they win six of their final nine games. That's an 8-8 season. Not what Favre was planning, when he decided to return, but that's what you get when you skip nearly all of training camp and pre-season, expecting everything to be fine. Last year was defining the odds, in terms of what they did. This year, the odds are catching up with them.

At this point, might as well play Jackson the rest of the year, or at least start thinking about what they're going to do at QB next year... draft one, sign one, etc. The last thing I want to see is Favre play this thing out, and then have to spend the off-season hearing about how Minnesota is unsure of their QB situation. Not that I think Favre will even consider returning next year (I think this year is finally it for him), but just whether or not the "answer" for next year will be Jackson, or somebody else. Knowing the organization, and how they handle things, my guess is that nobody will know who their starting QB is until September of next year, which basically means another season of above-average defense and a dominating running game being wasted. Hate to say it, but the window of opportunity to win something meaningful with Peterson, and the other key components of this team, is shrinking.

Moss could have had a TD if he didn't give up on the play when he got interfered.

Moss appears to be trying to be sure he doesn't break a sweat, then wonders why the throws don't come his way. GIving up on the interference play-a very catchable ball- shows that he's playing like a decoy.

t the window of opportunity to win something meaningful with Peterson, and the other key components of this team, is shrinking.

It closes this year, IMO. Last year was the great opportunity, this year was less likely but doable. Next year some other teams are going to pass the Vikes.