[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb getting pulled for Grossman....

rocknrobn26

Cause when I think "best chance to win". . . . I naturally think Rex Grossman.

Just like when I think "clutch 2 minute drill guy", Rexy also is the de facto first choice . . . .:wacko:

Man you are feeling good. Take an aspirin and go to bed! :tup:

b/c McNabb is without a doubt the most overrated player in the league...not TO per the players... But I am pretty sure McNabb is more likable which helped the vote.

than how do you explain all the championship games with such horrible HORRIBLE FRACKING HORRIBLE wide recievers?!?!?!

Lovie Smith would have killed to have McNabb on his worst day over Grossman on his best day...

Agreed. I believe Shanny was sending a message to McNabb that even his job is not a safe...that he cannot just throw into triple coverage or overlook open receivers in the mid to short field for misguided, low percentage, game ending bombs without consequences. In the coaches eyes, McNabb is disrespecting their disciplined offense with these piss poor decisions and he needs to tighten up his game. It was a very emotional and high risk decision made by the coaches.

That is about the only rationale I can come up with for how you can justify removing the only big play threat and real chance the team had at winning that ball game. Don't tell me the coaches really believed Grossman gave them a better chance. They were just disgusted with McNabb and yanked him, IMO. It wasn't about what Grossman could do...it was what McNabb had already done.

High risk poker was just played by the coaching staaff...let's see how it plays out the rest of the season. If McNabb is one and done in DC...the Shannahan and Bruce Allen just sent the Skins back to the stone ages again...there is no developing QB in the pipeline, the team will not have a lottery draft pick to grab a QB of the future, their will be no great free agent QBs available (unless someone wants to make the case for Vick), and the team just gave up two draft picks for McNabb.

A Hot Mess

Edited by SpinalTapp

than how do you explain all the championship games with such horrible HORRIBLE FRACKING HORRIBLE wide recievers?!?!?!

great defense and he makes few msiatkes as far as turnovers...

but his thing that he did early on in his career was fumble a snap on the 1st drive (if not the 1st snap of the game) and we would guarantee a loss in that game...

I recall back in the playoff game against the Rams in 2001, he did it...and also against the Titans week 1 around that same time frame (maybe 02/03?)...but he's had a knack for getting overwhelmed in a tight game...

whenever the Eagles advanced in the playoffs, it was because he was able to get into a rhythm early on or he would get shut down and make mistakes...not to mention the defense was usually very good early on....even the "bend, but don't break" defense from 03 still wasn't that bad...

McNabb got it done when the game had no pressure, unless he made a mistake early...he would kinda cruise..

Agreed. I believe Shanny was sending a message to McNabb that even his job is not a safe...that he cannot just throw into triple coverage or overlook open receivers in the mid to short field for misguided, low percentage, game ending bombs without consequences. In the coaches eyes, McNabb is disrespecting their disciplined offense with these piss poor decisions and he needs to tighten up his game. It was a very emotional and high risk decision made by the coaches.

That is about the only rationale I can come up with for how you can justify removing the only big play threat and real chance the team had at winning that ball game. Don't tell me the coaches really believed Grossman gave them a better chance. They were just disgusted with McNabb and yanked him, IMO. It wasn't about what Grossman could do...it was what McNabb had already done.

High risk poker was just played by the coaching staaff...let's see how it plays out the rest of the season. If McNabb is one and done in DC...the Shannahan and Bruce Allen just sent the Skins back to the stone ages again...there is no developing QB in the pipeline, the team will not have a lottery draft pick to grab a QB of the future, their will be no great free agent QBs available (unless someone wants to make the case for Vick), and the team just gave up two draft picks for McNabb.

A Hot Mess

Thanks for the insight. This makes sense. Or what Chargerz said.

Thanks for the insight. This makes sense. Or what Chargerz said.

I really do believe this was about respect in the eyes of the coaching staff. McNabb was publicly disrespecting their offensive system with his poor/undisciplined decision making so they decided to publicly disrespect him back - typical Shannahan MO thus far from what we have seen here in DC from this guy. IMO, this was their way of trying to get control of McNabb - no more, no less.

Edited by SpinalTapp

great defense and he makes few msiatkes as far as turnovers...

but his thing that he did early on in his career was fumble a snap on the 1st drive (if not the 1st snap of the game) and we would guarantee a loss in that game...

I recall back in the playoff game against the Rams in 2001, he did it...and also against the Titans week 1 around that same time frame (maybe 02/03?)...but he's had a knack for getting overwhelmed in a tight game...

whenever the Eagles advanced in the playoffs, it was because he was able to get into a rhythm early on or he would get shut down and make mistakes...not to mention the defense was usually very good early on....even the "bend, but don't break" defense from 03 still wasn't that bad...

McNabb got it done when the game had no pressure, unless he made a mistake early...he would kinda cruise..

Couldn't agree more. Between the 20's/with the lead/more then 2-3 minutes left in the game he was very good. In the red zone/during a tight game/with less then 2-3 minutes left and he just couldn't get it done.

I have said this before. McNabb always looks winded and slow towards the end of games. I truly think Shenanigans is being truthful when he says McNabb isn't in proper physical shape to run the 2 minute drill effectively. I seem to remember yelling at McNabb to hurry up at the end of a half or the end of the game. He just always seems to be huffing anf puffing like he smokes 2 packs a day..