[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JACOB TAMME

doing_it_live

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And great matchups coming up. hes going to be a top TE down the stretch.

Jacob Tamme caught six passes for 64 yards and a touchdown in the team's Week 8 victory over Houston, 30-17.

He'll certainly be the flavor of the week, but we don't expect the momentum to melt anytime soon. Peyton Manning showed a lot of trust in the tight end, looking his way in some key situations. Tamme's nine targets were third on the team, and he showed a lot of effort after the catch. Three of the Colts' next four opponents are ranked 26th or worse in fantasy points allowed for opposing tight ends. In other words, he should be a top your waiver list.

i guess i'll just leave it at you obviously haven't watched enough of texans D this year. :tup:

I guess we'll see how he does vs. the Eagles this weekend. I will be surprised if he doesn't see a similar number of targets. Opposing defenses, no matter how good they are, tend to look their worst against Peyton Manning. He gets them to the line of scrimmage, uses his cadence to get the D to show what they're running, then audibles to something that should exploit it. He showed trust in Tamme, and Tamme made good on the opportunity. That's pretty much all I needed to see. He's a fantasy starter until further notice. :wacko:

What I really liked last night, aside from the 9 targets, was a couple of times as they went to commercial I saw Manning and Tamme sitting together on the bench talking. THAT says something to me. It is always good to be on Manning's good side and to be one of "his guys". And sitting there talking with him 1 on 1 is a good sign IMO.

I may actually start him over Hernandez as my # 2 TE behind Gates next week (TE's get 1 PPR compared to .5 PPR in my league).

He could be a real solid top 8-10 TE moving forward..

What I really liked last night, aside from the 9 targets, was a couple of times as they went to commercial I saw Manning and Tamme sitting together on the bench talking. THAT says something to me. It is always good to be on Manning's good side and to be one of "his guys". And sitting there talking with him 1 on 1 is a good sign IMO.

I may actually start him over Hernandez as my # 2 TE behind Gates next week (TE's get 1 PPR compared to .5 PPR in my league).

+1

Some more opinions

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Jacob Tamme can play. Period. Anyone who watched the Colts' win over the Texans Monday night saw a guy who is essentially a bulked up wideout. That makes sense, because Tamme was a slot receiver at Kentucky.

So the biggest question was if Tamme would be used like Dallas Clark was. The answer is a resounding yes. Tamme lined up as an in-line tight end, out wide, in the backfield and in the slot. He consistently got open against linebackers and showed excellent hands to go with good after-the-catch ability. Tamme racked up six catches and a touchdown on nine targets Monday night.

With a ton of tight ends nicked up and others with down arrows right now, Tamme is an every-week fantasy starter going forward.

He looked like . . . Dallas Clark. They play the game in almost exactly the same manner. I'm not saying Tamme = Clark, but they seem a lot closer than I was expecting.

Not sure why the blurb in the News section says he started the game off by dropping a ball - that first pass by Manning was terrible and it would've taken a phenomenal grab to make that catch. He got a hand on it but I wouldn't call that a drop by any means. The next toss that was clearly dropped was not to Tamme - it was to another TE.

Noticed that too - I'd put him ahead of Hernandez right now. I'm not usually one to gush about guys after their first game, but this kid can clearly play - Manning targeted him 9 times and he's running Dallas Clark's old routes. That's a recipe for immediate success in my book. Top 8-10? I see no reason why he can't be top 5.

i think everyone in the nfl throws to their TEs, but you cant discount houston's D having any type of effect. dallas clark is the type of player who can create a mismatch with just about any team in the nfl; jacob tamme is not. him having a good game vs Houston doesn't make him comparable to dallas clark. how will tamme do when he faces a much tougher d? he will probably have much less impact than clark. to say just because indy throws to their TEs that tamme will be successful isnt quite as accurate as you may hope.

:wacko:

Two nice weeks in a row ... and counting.

I got him starting in place of Vernon Davis and Cooley, both on bye, and in place of an injured Z Miller for the other two teams

This. Thought I blew it by waiting until after Tamme's first game, but the owners in my league let him pass to me on the waiver wire the following week. Plugged in today and was part of a big come-from-behind win.