[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Bush or pierre thomas play in week 9

ttwarrior4

I believe I've said a couple of times not to expect to see either of them until after the bye and I'll bet you can find at least 30 other Huddlers who will agree with me.

yup

It bums me out because I have Thomas in 3 leagues.

I believe I've said a couple of times not to expect to see either of them until after the bye and I'll bet you can find at least 30 other Huddlers who will agree with me.

Thank you sir, as I was about to go grouchy on them.

Bush & Thomas sat out of practice, Ivory was a full-go.

Also, I don't believe it, but I have to report it. It was said yesterday that Thomas was "almost traded to the Pats for a cornerback." While I don't doubt it may have been discussed, I have extreme doubts that the Saints would look to trade PT given the lack of depth at the position and what he does for the offense. Some fans have read this as the Saints really liking Ivory & ready to part ways with Thomas who is in the last year of his contract. But right now Ivory is nowhere near the level of PT in terms of pass protection, vision & ability to run the screen game.

Reading a lot about Julius Jones getting more and more involved in the running game, you seem to disagree, thoughts?

Link?

His best week was this past game with 16 yds rushing & 3 receptions for 20 yds. :wacko: He may push Betts to the bench more with Ivory back, but otherwise I would temper any expectations of him being a viable option and when Bush returns you can pretty much count him out.

Link?

His best week was this past game with 16 yds rushing & 3 receptions for 20 yds. :wacko: He may push Betts to the bench more with Ivory back, but otherwise I would temper any expectations of him being a viable option and when Bush returns you can pretty much count him out.

I've read the same things about Jones getting more involved but I think they were written by idiots. Jones got more involved last week BECAUSE IVORY WAS KNOCKED OUT OF THE GAME. If some of these other sites would actually watch/understand the games instead of simply reading box scores, they might give accurate information.

PT getting no better

Gotta love how these reporters keep asking the same question different ways to try to get the players to say what they want them to.

Q: What is the current prognosis?

Thomas: This week they want me in a boot and next week I could get off the crutches and start walking around in a boot because they still want me to take pressure off the ankle.

Q: Is the idea that rest would help the healing process?

Thomas: Yeah, to let it heal.

Q: What happens if rest doesn’t work? Is surgery the next option?

Thomas: I don’t know. I don’t know. I’m just doing what I’m told. I don’t know what is wrong, what’s the problem. I’m just doing what I’m told.

Q: Was this injury misdiagnosed? Was something not caught five, six weeks ago?

Thomas: That could be it. But they found something else, I believe. They just told me, ‘Hey, for now, stay off of it ’cause it seemed like the times when I was doing rehab it wasn’t working.’ So, they just said let’s give you a little bit more time and stay off it. So that’s what I’m doing right now.

Q: What is the current diagnosis? Is it a high ankle sprain? Is it a low ankle sprain? Is it ligament damage?

Thomas: They’re still saying it’s a sprain. That’s what I’m being told.

Q: You went back in for a play after first being injured against Atlanta. Was that a mistake?

Thomas: My whole mindset is if anything happens to me on that field, how do I know if that (couldn’t be) the last game of my career? So my attitude is finish it out, you never know. That could be the last game of my career. As I approach every game, I’m going to play that game out and I’m going to finish the game as best I can. And I’ll be proud myself and say, ‘Hey, that was the last game of my career, I finished the game. I fought through an injury and I finished the game.’ I’ll be proud of myself doing that. If I can play through an injury and that was something I continued to play with. It hurt, yeah, at that time, but I’ll deal with it when the game is over with. I’m going to play through any injury I have.

Q: Does this being a contract year for you enter into your thinking at all?

Thomas: “I’m worried about the season. I’m not thinking about no contract. The contract will come when next year comes around. I’m not thinking about no contract right now. I’m thinking about my ankle and how can I get it better because this is frustrating me and I want to get back on that field. I love playing this game, and one thing that I’m missing so much is this game. The only thing that is holding me back right now is my ankle.

Q: Have you ever had a high ankle sprain?

Thomas: Yes but nothing this serious.

Q: Does this feel like a high ankle sprain?

Thomas: Honestly, I feel it all over my ankle. I feel pain all over my ankle. When you touch it, I feel pain all over my ankle. They touch different spots, I say, ‘Yeah, I feel it there, I feel it there, I feel it there.’ So, I really messed it up. They say I really messed it up pretty bad.

Q: Have you ever had torn ligaments?

Thomas: No, I’ve never had torn ligaments in my ankle.

Q: Are you getting any conflicting reports from your doctors? Does one doctor think this, does another doctor think that?

Thomas: They talk amongst themselves. They just report back to me at what I need to do to get better. I’m listening to whatever I have to do to get back on that field.

Q: Are you being a good patient and asking all the right questions. For instance, is surgery a possibility? Have you asked that question?

Thomas: I don’t even want to think about that. I don’t want to have surgery. I knew that if I have surgery, I’m done this season. I’m not thinking that. I don’t want that. I’m going to take that negativity and throw it away ‘cause I’m thinking positive. I’m thinking I want to get back on that field.

Q: So they haven’t suggested surgery?

Thomas: No, I wasn’t told that.

Q: Who is the point person on the medical staff? Who tells you what’s going on with your rehab?

Thomas: With the rehab, it’s (head athletic trainer) Scottie (Patton). I’ve talked with the doctor here, the team doctor, (team orthopedist) Dr. (Deryk) Jones, a few times, and he’s said it looks like it’s getting better. They see some of the swelling going down and they see the veins in my ankle, so that’s a good thing. They just tell me what I have to do for rehab to help get it better and help strengthen it.

Q: Would we as a media be wrong to report it as a high ankle sprain?

Thomas: That is something you’ll have to ask my trainer. You’ll have to go interview him about that because I’m just being told what I have to do.

Q: They’re not using that term - high ankle sprain?

Thomas: They just said it was a bad ankle sprain. That’s what I’ve been told.