[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Felix Jones

JUMbotron

would be great to see him finally get a chance again - I've always thought he's the most "complete" RB that they've got on that team

would be great to see him finally get a chance again - I've always thought he's the most "complete" RB that they've got on that team

Apparently most of us see this, and everybody in the DAL organeyezayshun - starting with Uncle Jerry - does not. Everytime he's asked to step in... BOOM... results. Imagine that novel idea Jerry! If it'll make you feel better, overpay him too so you have a "reason" to start him.

Already stashed in every league, and my patience was starting to wear thin. :wacko:

edit: oops, one league I don't own him in. :tup:

Edited by rattsass

Apparently most of us see this, and everybody in the DAL organeyezayshun - starting with Uncle Jerry - does not. Everytime he's asked to step in... BOOM... results. Imagine that novel idea Jerry! If it'll make you feel better, overpay him too so you have a "reason" to start him.

hmm this sounds eerily familiar to when Barber was getting all the touches and folks wanted Felix...

hmm this sounds eerily familiar to when Barber was getting all the touches and folks wanted Felix...

true and it tickels me, that anyone would actually claim to think they know more then the staff about their own players. If Choice was better the Jones and Barber.............HE WOULD BE ON THE FIELD..........PERIOD !

true and it tickels me, that anyone would actually claim to think they know more then the staff about their own players. If Choice was better the Jones and Barber.............HE WOULD BE ON THE FIELD..........PERIOD !

I disagree - he's stuck in the middle talent wise. He's a solid, between the tackles guy that lacks true breakaway speed like Felix, and isn't the bruiser that Barber is. Because you have those two, he isn't a change of pace from either of them. Although he's had some fumbling issues - who on that team hasn't? And if you look at his stats for his starts they're quite solid. On another team he'd be the starter, like in Indy or Buffalo for sure.

Edited by Pope Flick

I disagree - he's stuck in the middle talent wise. He's a solid, between the tackles guy that lacks true breakaway speed like Felix, and isn't the bruiser that Barber is. Because you have those two, he isn't a change of pace from either of them. Although he's had some fumbling issues - who on that team hasn't? And if you look at his stats for his starts they're quite solid. On another team he'd be the starter, like in Indy or Buffalo for sure.

while he's not as strong as Barber or as speedy as Felix, he is the best "total package" - not too slow, good hands and not fragile either. he's a 3 down back.

FWIW.... every time I've watched him play, he produces. Personally, I won't claim to know more than the coaches. Although this year, I might have a shot... :wacko: I also think that discounting the "Arkansas connection" here unfairly justifies the situation. Look what the "scrub" who couldn't get on the field last year either did... some guy named Miles Austin. :tup:

You say it as if the Cowboys staff knows what they're doing. The smartest thing they could do is bring in some outside consultants to get an unbiased opinion on the current talent.

Edited by budlitebrad

thinking of dropping lee evans for him tonight in a 12 team two man ppr keeper league. at rb, i have cj, benson, tolbert, and blount. i also have steve johnson. i think evans value may decrease with the harsher weather coming. could be wrong but. . .

everytime i've seen choice start, the kid impresses. i'm surprised he hasn't been named the starter as of yet.

hopefully, if does get named the starter, i can TRY to trade benson away.

it always happens. . .circle of life kind of thing.

i think they're due for a changing of the guard. surprised they have thought so sooner, but why not do it now? i mean, what do they have to lose at this point?

Edited by slainte

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips expects Felix Jones (ankle, forearm) to resume practicing on Thursday.

Jones, held out of Wednesday's workout, has a sprained left ankle and a bruised forearm, but neither injury is considered serious. It appears the Tashard Choice hype train will have stay on hold for at least one more week. Phillips announced that the team has made no lineup changes for Week 9.

IRVING, Texas – Tashard Choice can’t wait to get to Green Bay.

That’s because he expects to have a significant role in the offense for the first time since the bye week. He’s not exactly sure what his role will be, but Choice anticipates that he’ll be part of the running back rotation and get a carry for the first time since September.

“I’m going to show up. If I’m in, I’m on,” Choice said. “And it’s on Sunday night, I promise you that.”

Choice, who has a career average of 5.1 yards per carry, is basing his belief on a conversation he had with coach Wade Phillips. According to Choice, Phillips told him to be ready because he was going to be back in the mix offensively.

Phillips recalled the conversation a little bit differently, at least for public consumption.

“I just told him to be ready,” Phillips said, indicating that Choice wasn’t guaranteed any role.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/pos..._medium=twitter