[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Titans claim Moss!

CaptainHook

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be a good time to put a bid on Vince Young if you don't have him. With the potential of both Moss and Britt on either side and a very favorable fantasy playoff schedule (week 13 Jac week 14 Ind week 15 Hou week 16 KC) he may be just the guy you want to man your team down the stretch. Add Chris Johnson to the mix and I feel the Titans offense on the whole may very well be very explosive. Vince Young has a QB rating of 103.1 this year to begin with. A lot will depend on how Britt recovers from his injury though (not to mention Young's as well, although I'm not as concerned with his). A report out just a few hours ago is stating that Britt may miss as many as 6-8 weeks with his hammy injury. Of course it is all likely just speculation at this time.

Well, certainly the ribs and chicken will be better :wacko:

Replying to my own post.....Not that this matters, since no one PMed me, but as I was ironically eating ribs last night...I was thinking about this post.

It's possible someone may have read this and not known about Tinucci's and the fact that "Tinucci said his buffet included ribs, chicken, a round of beef carving station, pasta, vegetables and dessert." http://footballproslive.com/content.php/49...-out-of-my-Mind

My reference there was to that...and that obviously barbecue will be better in Tennessee than Minnesota.

It's possible someone thought that I could've been making a racist jab - Not the case. Hope no one did, and if you did and were offended, I apologize.

Something about the way she says ES P ENNN. Sexy.

Dude. Really? When she first started out, the dragging of the ESP ENNNNN was freaking annoying as hell. I even started a write in campaign to make her stop hahahahaha....not sure if it ever got read, but she doesn't do it to the degree she once did.

I hope he actually plays and gives forth some effort.

With CJ as a threat, he should get open with Nate Washington with regularity . . .

Yeah cuz that worked out with the Vikes/Peterson so well. Besides then he'd have to actually catch the ball. That might require effort and a good attitude all that. Big expectations if you ax me. :wacko:

Fischer:

"Randy's been a good teammate, and he's very popular. I think this is a great opportunity for him. It's a fresh start," Fisher said. "We've got a great locker room. They'll accept him. I'm confident he'll accept his new teammates as well."

Translation: "OK so I'm desperate for WR help thx to injuries, sue me."

And yes TEN was the only team who put in a claim.

I am underwhelmed from a fantasy perspective assuming VY is the starter. I see little reason for optimism for either VY or Moss even with a terrific schedule.

You saw what Britt was doing recently and still feel this way? I think VY/TEN is more than capable of supporting a solid fantasy WR.

You saw what Britt was doing recently and still feel this way? I think VY/TEN is more than capable of supporting a solid fantasy WR.

Maybe you forgot that Collins was throwing the ball that week Britt blew up for 225/3? Otherwise, a TD and a couple dozen yards is hard to depend on. You can get burned really easily if the TD doesn't come through. To that point, should Collins become the starter, I am all aboard the Moss train.

Maybe you forgot that Collins was throwing the ball that week Britt blew up for 225/3? Otherwise, a TD and a couple dozen yards is hard to depend on. You can get burned really easily if the TD doesn't come through. To that point, should Collins become the starter, I am all aboard the Moss train.

If you're Kenny Britt, yeah. This is Randy Moss though. My point is that if VY can give a guy like Kenny Britt 10+ ppr points on a week-in/week-out basis, I'm sure he'll be able to do just fine by Randy Moss.

I wasn't even considering the Collins game - that's much more than "solid" production. Complete anomaly, but I guess it still goes to show that Fischer is willing to air it out.

I am underwhelmed from a fantasy perspective assuming VY is the starter. I see little reason for optimism for either VY or Moss even with a terrific schedule.

It's a valid point. No one is accusing Vince Young of being Peyton Manning with his arm to date.

So there's cause for caution, but also optimism, I think. If you have Moss, you really can't be much happier than Tennessee - there's definitely serious upside there - and motivation for him.

And how about this: Vince Young has never really had any decent receivers until Kenny Britt. Much like Michael Vick in Atlanta (and look at his first few games this year with Jackson and Maclin). Look at Young's best receivers in the past....Drew Bennett...Roydell Williams...Justine Gage....terrible...

With Moss + Washington and then Britt coming back around fantasy playoff time - there's real potential there.

Edited by The Waterboy

It's a valid point. No one is accusing Vince Young of being Peyton Manning with his arm to date.

So there's cause for caution, but also optimism, I think. If you have Moss, you really can't be much happier than Tennessee - there's definitely serious upside there - and motivation for him.

And how about this: Vince Young has never really had any decent receivers until Kenny Britt. Much like Michael Vick in Atlanta (and look at his first few games this year with Jackson and Maclin). Look at Young's best receivers in the past....Drew Bennett...Roydell Williams...Justine Gage....terrible...

With Moss + Washington and then Britt coming back around fantasy playoff time - there's real potential there.

Especially with teams stacking the box to stop CJ, which I actually think they'll continue to do. The smarter move defensively has to be to continue to try to take CJ out of the game as much as possible and force VY to beat you with his arm, regardless of Moss' presence. I'd be a lot more worried about CJ than a depleted/aged Moss if it were me . . .

Play action pass could be deadly.

I wondered when you would show up. Moss has been dumped by the Pats and Vikes in recent weeks. Thoughts on this clown?

Play action with Adrian Peterson wasn't "deadly" . . . . :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

Especially with teams stacking the box to stop CJ, which I actually think they'll continue to do. The smarter move defensively has to be to continue to try to take CJ out of the game as much as possible and force VY to beat you with his arm, regardless of Moss' presence. I'd be a lot more worried about CJ than a depleted/aged Moss if it were me . . .

It's been said before though that passing in the NFL is what you need to do to win now. With the rules changes, pass interference, rules to protect the QB and stuff, the game has changed.

That being said, the old adage of running when they thinking you're going to pass and passing when they think you'll run is still the key.

You need to do both. Now perhaps they finally, really can.

Chuck Klosterman had made a weird preseason prediction on Bill Simmon's podcast about Tennessee being the team to win it all. I'm not saying at all that I think he's right, but certainly, Tenn. doing some damage into the playoffs becomes much more of a reality with defenses guessing.

Edited by The Waterboy

Dude. Really? When she first started out, the dragging of the ESP ENNNNN was freaking annoying as hell. I even started a write in campaign to make her stop hahahahaha....not sure if it ever got read, but she doesn't do it to the degree she once did.

What is wrong with you!?!

I know J-Stew had a rough week, but to take it out on cute lil' Rachel?

Actually not worried about that at all. Moss isn't very good anymore, and Vince has never been very accurate.

Yeah breaking the record of TDs thrown by a QB in a season and TDs caught by a WR in a season on the same play really took alot out of him.

I guess people could tell which QBs are good and which aren't very good anymore after that Colts/Eagles game. :wacko:

I wondered when you would show up. Moss has been dumped by the Pats and Vikes in recent weeks. Thoughts on this clown?

Play action with Adrian Peterson wasn't "deadly" . . . . :wacko:

How about thoughts on this clown? http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/1025/g...0hFf9QnByL.uLYF

Cheating on his wife and failing even with Randy Moss. Favre should just hang it up after being a joke this season.