[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why won't anyone trade with me?

buddahj

Same in my league. I think part of it is that trades require work doing research and stuff, and if guys aren't confident in their judgment or FF knowledge, they are afraid to trade for fear they'll get taken. It takes some balls to trade, especially with an owner that you know knows his stuff.

Same here. No one in my office league wants to trade with me (7-1 record) because they assume I'm screwing them.

I have this same problem. I am 7-1 and have a bench full of talent, but no one in my league trades, period- I end up having to do all the leg work. I think it is a combination the fear of of them not wanting to get taken and their fear of them trading a guy away and having him blow up.

Fifteen trades so far in my 21 year old big money league. Involving 54 players. I've never understood why some owners refuse to consider any offers and are never willing to counter with their own ideas. I agree with someone earlier who said you can't put someone on the block and expect action, you need to make definitive offers directed at specific owners.

Well into my second decade of FF and I don't think this is uncommon. I have been in a "low money" league for three years now, and I have not seen a single trade between anyone, and I have proposed quite a few. Two weeks ago, I offered a pretty lopsided trade to a guy in his favor just to see what would happen and it was declined! I was not surprised.

My experience is that the better the players know each other, the more chance you have at pulling off a trade (the type of league where everyone does the draft at a sports bar together type league). Communication is more open and accessible. If you play in an internet league with people all over the country, good luck! I have seen maybe four trades in leagues like this over the years.

I think it has something to do with an inherent distrust and a fear that "they know something I don't".

Good luck!

Edited by McBoog