[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whitehearst to Start....

ajh2

Crap - I picked up John Carlson as an injuryand bye week filler (ZMiller / Cooley). Does this increase his value as a dump off, or should I cut bait for Shockey?

I am gonna go out and try to pick up the Giant D if they're still on the waiver wire.

Crap - I picked up John Carlson as an injuryand bye week filler (ZMiller / Cooley). Does this increase his value as a dump off, or should I cut bait for Shockey?

I am gonna go out and try to pick up the Giant D if they're still on the waiver wire.

I think it's impossible to say, but Whitehurst is much less of a dump-off kinda QB than Hass, I think. TE is a very tricky position to predict with a QB change.

Hmmm, wasn't aware Carlson was still on the team.

I'm actually really excited to watch this. Well, until I read that Chester Pitts is going to make his first start at tackle in five years and draws Osi. I was pretty intrigued by what I saw from Whitehurst in the preseason. He's going to take a beating and have some ugly moments, but he isn't timid. He is going to try and make some big plays. If he makes a couple things happen, it could be fun. Hasselbeck's ice has become thinner and thinner, this will either stir or silence the critics. We haven't seen a young QB around here in almost a decade (I don't count Seneca, since he was a 3rd stringer until like his 5th year in the NFL). I kind of forgot how exciting it can be.

Against the G-Men I would think that Carlson will be staying into block more often than not. I would dump him for someone else for sure.