[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it bad to rout a team everyone thought was good?

detlef

It must be nice for Sarge to have a good friend like you. Someone to show up in the huddle at almost the exact time he stopped posting here and pick up exactly where he left off, using the exact tone he always used. He shouldn't take a good friend like that for granted. I sure hope he's not.

I am pretty damn fantastic aren't I.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what I remember reading the bet was LSU wouldnt be in the top 25 at seasons end when they were 6-0 at the time, and last yr finished 17th in the final BCS with 4 loses. It was brought to his attention he was making a sucker bet and he welched on that bet.

More importantly I also hear donations were sent from many at the huddle to help pay medical bills, and they were paid in full immediately, through his own money and the help of friends and family. Does this mean, he shouldnt play in fantasy football leagues ever again, which also require money, because he accepted gifts from people who care about him. Or shouldnt take a complete sucker bet when someone is running their lip, then gets themselves caught offering a bet, only to then send a PM to welch on the bet when they realize how big a sucker bet that is. the new low is he would post half truths in the first place. But then again, isnt that par for the course for wildcat. And do you really think he gives a crap about dallas sooner, or that isnt for effect. Come on, this cat is all about back tracking at this point. And figures throwing as much mud on the wall as possible to dig himself out of harms way, when he just admitted he offered the bets in the first place.

edit to add; I hear Brent/Sarge is getting ready for his second surgery planned for dec. According to all tests the cancer is gone and the chemo and radiation worked, even though they were a pain in the ass at the time. He sends his best to the huddle....

Yes.

Yes.

complete ignorance. In our sunday school class when a family first has a baby, for the first week or so each couple in the class either brings food, or orders food for that family, because its easier on the family. When someone is sick or very sick, we all donate garage sale items, have a garage sale, and give the proceeds to that family for their time of need. Its not charity, its helping people when they need help most. to say they should give up something they enjoy because they ever received a gift from someone else, is insane. And more importantly, I bet if you have ever helped anyone in the past, you expected something in return, this is exactly that kind of thinking. No one should have to give up something they enjoy or chagne the way they are, just because they received help in their past.

Edited by Living the Dream

complete ignorance. In our sunday school class when a family first has a baby, for the first week or so each couple in the class either brings food, or orders food for that family, because its easier on the family. When someone is sick or very sick, we all donate garage sale items, have a garage sale, and give the proceeds to that family for their time of need. Its not charity, its helping people when they need help most. to say they should give up something they enjoy because they ever received a gift from someone else, is insane. And more importantly, I bet if you have ever helped anyone in the past, you expected something in return, this is exactly that kind of thinking. No one should have to give up something they enjoy or chagne the way they are, just because they received help in their past.

Its called being an adult. There are several things I love that I have had to cut out of my life because I havent been making as much money in the last year as I have in the past. If I was in a situation where family and friends were generous enough to help me out I would not be placing bets with someone I dont know on an internet chat room. If that makes me ignorant thans I is just stoopid.

Look, I am glad that you, or whoever we are talking about, is doing better. But saying that doing things you love to improve your balance of life and gambling on sports when you are having financial difficulties are the same thing you may want to evaluate what is important to you, or your freind. My two cents.

Its called being an adult. There are several things I love that I have had to cut out of my life because I havent been making as much money in the last year as I have in the past. If I was in a situation where family and friends were generous enough to help me out I would not be placing bets with someone I dont know on an internet chat room. If that makes me ignorant thans I is just stoopid.

Look, I am glad that you, or whoever we are talking about, is doing better. But saying that doing things you love to improve your balance of life and gambling on sports when you are having financial difficulties are the same thing you may want to evaluate what is important to you, or your freind. My two cents.

Exactly why I said ignorance. You made assumptions, and had no clue the facts. But wildcat did know at the time he was sending the final PM to welch on the bet the circumstances, and continued to welch anyway. Which is why I can say as a fact he is a welcher, and will do so again with anyone who makes a bet with him, unless he views it as a sucker bet his way. This was clearly a sucker bet the other way, where he got caught talking out his ass, (saying LSU wouldnt finish the year in the final top 25, when they were 6-0 at the time, and only 2 real challenges left, and they were 17th the year before when they had 4 loses), and someone accepted when rocker should have. As soon as he started to realize this, he was trying to change the bet, via pm, and even when that small change about being one poll, and not either poll was accepted as he requested, he came back again via pm and flat out welched. Dude owes $50, and it wont ever be paid. BTW, at this point it isnt even about the money, as clearly gambling is frowned upon round these parts. :wacko: but the fact before he knew that, he welched, and people need to know this about him.

Draw your own conclusions, but lies and half truths were posted, and now the facts and truth have been.

Who said anyone wasnt making that much money. It was never about the money, but some just wanting to help, anyway they could.

Im done with the subject, and wont discuss it again no matter if baited or not. clearly many make assumptions without knowing any of the facts, or can understand wanting to help someone out who is going through a bad time, doesnt always mean bad finanicial time. Ever hear cancer being a good time for anyone?

Want a do-over? You still sure that TCU houses BSU?

Whats the difference between Va Tech losing to Boise, then stumbling the next week to a 1 AA school. And Utah losing again after TCU killed them. And I completely think TCU houses BSU. Though I kinda hope if Auburn doesn get there, Boise gets to punk Oregon again this yr, and maybe TCU gets to house Stanford. How great would it be if both Pac-10 favs lost to TCU and Boise.

Whats the difference between Va Tech losing to Boise, then stumbling the next week to a 1 AA school. And Utah losing again after TCU killed them. And I completely think TCU houses BSU. Though I kinda hope if Auburn doesn get there, Boise gets to punk Oregon again this yr, and maybe TCU gets to house Stanford. How great would it be if both Pac-10 favs lost to TCU and Boise.

I understand it's pointless to actually argue logic with you but what the hell. See, I was asking for you to point to something that explains why a team that beat another team at the end of last year, returned nearly everyone from that team, and had done nothing worse that merely beating, but not convincingly a solid, albeit not great Va Tech team, and put everyone else away (including beating the only common opponent by as large a margin), would get run off the field by that same team. To which you pointed to TCU's victory over "#5 Utah" and implied that any idiot would need nothing more than that evidence to come to your conclusion. Turns out you got the idiot part correct. But I'm guessing Utah isn't even ranked anymore, let alone 5th.

But, see, I'm not hanging my entire argument that BSU would not lose, let alone badly to TCU on the strength of their victory against V Tech. In fact, I'm basically apologizing for it. So that's the difference.

I understand it's pointless to actually argue logic with you but what the hell. See, I was asking for you to point to something that explains why a team that beat another team at the end of last year, returned nearly everyone from that team, and had done nothing worse that merely beating, but not convincingly a solid, albeit not great Va Tech team, and put everyone else away (including beating the only common opponent by as large a margin), would get run off the field by that same team. To which you pointed to TCU's victory over "#5 Utah" and implied that any idiot would need nothing more than that evidence to come to your conclusion. Turns out you got the idiot part correct. But I'm guessing Utah isn't even ranked anymore, let alone 5th.

But, see, I'm not hanging my entire argument that BSU would not lose, let alone badly to TCU on the strength of their victory against V Tech. In fact, I'm basically apologizing for it. So that's the difference.

This is football and not logic. What kind of logic would explain Cleveland beating the pats, then the pats whipping Pitt last night. Or Dallas losing to the Giants 3 weeks ago, and getting killed both games in between, and now a 2-7 Cowboy team mopping the floor with those same Giants last night in New York with their backup QB. TCU victory over Utah proved only one thing, this team got up huge for a big game on the road. Sorry I had to point that out for you. TCU last yr was very impressive, but this team is simply better in all facets of the game. Boise to me looked just equal to Va Tech, as Va Tech had them beat, and like idiots threw on 3rd down, stopping the clock, and saving 40 + seconds of clock that Boise needed to score and win. Any idiot says you run that QB there, take off more time on the clock, but Va tech didnt, the ball went incomplete and it cost them the time they should have erased off the clock, and the game that would have eliminated Boise from the conversation completely.

TCU is more balanced than it was a year ago, this QB is a legit passer now, where a year ago he was average at best. No one is going to compare his numbers to Kellen Moore, but last year in the Boise game, when Boise loaded the box to stop the run with 8 and even 9, he simply didnt make the right read often enough, or missed targets. Right now, he is the man of that offense. They bring 9 in the box now, and Dalton is going for 6 every time. And they very well have to do just that, to stop TCU running the ball. TCU had never been on the big stage before, last yr was not Boise first time in a BCS game. Different year, different team. The examples can continue if you like. TCU is better in every facet than a year ago. What they did to Utah probably will cost them, as they exposed Utah, and Utah clearly wasnt the same the next week.

No its pointless to argue with you Pac-10 frauds. You never admit when you are beat, argue for the sake of arguing no matter how many times you are proven wrong. Ive admitted several times, I think OU loses 2 games this yr. I saw the flaws in their team, never argued the Big 12 is the best conference, but they certainly will have more bowl teams than the Pac-10. Could care less about conferences, its about teams. I follow one team, you nut jobs leatch onto top 5 programs to talk about every year. Never seen a more fickle fanbase than the pac-10 fans. How many times did wildcat even talk about his team, what 1 1/100 the the amount he talks about Oregon here. Why is that, Oregon is good we all see that. he isnt telling us anything we dont already know. What he is doing is trying to convince us the Pac-10 is one of the best conferences every year. Why, who cares. We root for our teams, and the conference in out of conference games and bowl games, and that is about it. I want Texas A@M to lose so OU has a shot at the Big 12 Champ game, Im not rooting for them because they beat us. I want Okie St to win out except when we play them, if A@M doesnt lose to set up another 3 way tie with OU,Okie St and A@M, so the top rated BCS school, likely us if we win out and beat Okie St goes to the Champ game. Its all OU, dont care about the Big 12. Hell I want OU to play Nebraska again in the Big 12 Champ game, to see this rivalry one more time, a game that has more tradition and mystique than anything you left coasters have ever provided College football.

This is football and not logic. What kind of logic would explain Cleveland beating the pats, then the pats whipping Pitt last night. Or Dallas losing to the Giants 3 weeks ago, and getting killed both games in between, and now a 2-7 Cowboy team mopping the floor with those same Giants last night in New York with their backup QB. TCU victory over Utah proved only one thing, this team got up huge for a big game on the road. Sorry I had to point that out for you. TCU last yr was very impressive, but this team is simply better in all facets of the game. Boise to me looked just equal to Va Tech, as Va Tech had them beat, and like idiots threw on 3rd down, stopping the clock, and saving 40 + seconds of clock that Boise needed to score and win. Any idiot says you run that QB there, take off more time on the clock, but Va tech didnt, the ball went incomplete and it cost them the time they should have erased off the clock, and the game that would have eliminated Boise from the conversation completely.

TCU is more balanced than it was a year ago, this QB is a legit passer now, where a year ago he was average at best. No one is going to compare his numbers to Kellen Moore, but last year in the Boise game, when Boise loaded the box to stop the run with 8 and even 9, he simply didnt make the right read often enough, or missed targets. Right now, he is the man of that offense. They bring 9 in the box now, and Dalton is going for 6 every time. And they very well have to do just that, to stop TCU running the ball. TCU had never been on the big stage before, last yr was not Boise first time in a BCS game. Different year, different team. The examples can continue if you like. TCU is better in every facet than a year ago. What they did to Utah probably will cost them, as they exposed Utah, and Utah clearly wasnt the same the next week.

No its pointless to argue with you Pac-10 frauds. You never admit when you are beat, argue for the sake of arguing no matter how many times you are proven wrong. Ive admitted several times, I think OU loses 2 games this yr. I saw the flaws in their team, never argued the Big 12 is the best conference, but they certainly will have more bowl teams than the Pac-10. Could care less about conferences, its about teams. I follow one team, you nut jobs leatch onto top 5 programs to talk about every year. Never seen a more fickle fanbase than the pac-10 fans. How many times did wildcat even talk about his team, what 1 1/100 the the amount he talks about Oregon here. Why is that, Oregon is good we all see that. he isnt telling us anything we dont already know. What he is doing is trying to convince us the Pac-10 is one of the best conferences every year. Why, who cares. We root for our teams, and the conference in out of conference games and bowl games, and that is about it. I want Texas A@M to lose so OU has a shot at the Big 12 Champ game, Im not rooting for them because they beat us. I want Okie St to win out except when we play them, if A@M doesnt lose to set up another 3 way tie with OU,Okie St and A@M, so the top rated BCS school, likely us if we win out and beat Okie St goes to the Champ game. Its all OU, dont care about the Big 12. Hell I want OU to play Nebraska again in the Big 12 Champ game, to see this rivalry one more time, a game that has more tradition and mystique than anything you left coasters have ever provided College football.

For starters, congrats on actually making an argument. But you act like you're tired of having to explain yourself about why TCU would beat BSU badly and this is actually the first time you've bothered explaining why. You tossed out the Utah game like that was all we needed to see and then Utah went out and got dummied by a .500 ND team. So, forgive me if I actually wanted you to defend your point, especially in light of all the evidence to the contrary that I was kind enough to actually mention.

That's the good news. The bad news is that your argument is still half-assed at best, right from the start. Is it logical that NE turned around and beat Pitt after being beaten badly by Cleveland? Hell yes. First off, Cleveland has shown itself to be a solid team. Now, I did expect them to beat NE, but I sure as hell expected NE to come out with something to prove last night. You do not want to be the team that plays them after a bad loss.

As for Dallas, is this the first time you've seen a team rally around a new coach? These guys read the papers, you know. Everyone has been wondering if it was Wade or the players. Well, there was one pretty easy way for the players to show which it was, and they did. Now, that doesn't mean they're back, but if you've watched pro football for more than a year, you know that any team is capable of putting together a week like that when they've got something to prove. So, again, I'm not saying I go run out and bet the farm on Dallas yesterday, but let's say that I've seen stranger things happen.

As for the rest, once again, congrats for explaining why TCU is a better team than last year. That's half the argument. Now you need to explain why BSU is worse. See, it takes two to tango. Is your argument that they needed some good fortune to escape against a top 25 team in week one? Is that really it?

If you want to see first hand what I do when I'm proven wrong, then either you or one of your aliases is actually going to have to do that.

For starters, congrats on actually making an argument. But you act like you're tired of having to explain yourself about why TCU would beat BSU badly and this is actually the first time you've bothered explaining why. You tossed out the Utah game like that was all we needed to see and then Utah went out and got dummied by a .500 ND team. So, forgive me if I actually wanted you to defend your point, especially in light of all the evidence to the contrary that I was kind enough to actually mention.

That's the good news. The bad news is that your argument is still half-assed at best, right from the start. Is it logical that NE turned around and beat Pitt after being beaten badly by Cleveland? Hell yes. First off, Cleveland has shown itself to be a solid team. Now, I did expect them to beat NE, but I sure as hell expected NE to come out with something to prove last night. You do not want to be the team that plays them after a bad loss.

As for Dallas, is this the first time you've seen a team rally around a new coach? These guys read the papers, you know. Everyone has been wondering if it was Wade or the players. Well, there was one pretty easy way for the players to show which it was, and they did. Now, that doesn't mean they're back, but if you've watched pro football for more than a year, you know that any team is capable of putting together a week like that when they've got something to prove. So, again, I'm not saying I go run out and bet the farm on Dallas yesterday, but let's say that I've seen stranger things happen.

As for the rest, once again, congrats for explaining why TCU is a better team than last year. That's half the argument. Now you need to explain why BSU is worse. See, it takes two to tango. Is your argument that they needed some good fortune to escape against a top 25 team in week one? Is that really it?

If you want to see first hand what I do when I'm proven wrong, then either you or one of your aliases is actually going to have to do that.

Ok you will have an excuse for whatever example I give. cleveland and Dallas didnt ralley and win, they stomped mud holes in Pitt and the Gnats respectively, it wasnt a play here or there, it was the whole damn game. So explain this one then sherlock, how did Oregon St lose at home by what 3 scores to 1-9 Wash St. When they were pimped as a top 15 team by the pac-10 pundits around here.

And my argument of TCU is simply better more balanced than a year before. Why does Boise have to be worse. Better can simply be enough to stomp a mudhole in someones ass. Boise may or may not have regressed, they have played one avg opponent all season, Va Tech, and they turned around and lost to a 1AA team the next week. Sorry, Im not impressed when a team runs up the score on complete crap week in week out. I mentioned TCU just punked #5 Utah as TCU clearly got up big for them on the road. Didnt know I had to spell out every detail why that win was impressive. But then, this question that began this post was on ESPN the same day you posted it, so it wasnt even an original thought in the first place. How can you be proven wrong, when you regurgitate what someone else says all the time, or throw out a question, and just argue anyones answer you dont care for.

I've been involved with Wildcat and monetary bets, all monies were paid in a timely manner. This thread is a trainwreck, sad really. So much so wrong in one place, the pettiness, the name-calling, the anger and hate. Really sucks, you guys should all take a step back and re-evaluate things, seriously.

Anywho, just my 2 cents. You guys aren't going to resolve anything if this continues........

. Sorry, Im not impressed when a team runs up the score on complete crap week in week out. .

Except when it's TCU doing it. Then it's a sign that they're so much better than they were last year that they'll destroy a team that beat them last year and returned basically their entire team.

Except when it's TCU doing it. Then it's a sign that they're so much better than they were last year that they'll destroy a team that beat them last year and returned basically their entire team.

Like I said you just want to argue. how do we know Oregon is better than Boise, Boise kicked their ass last yr. Oregon returns the same team, outside the QB, and this new QB isnt as experienced as Masoli. Pittsburgh last yr didnt make the playoffs in the NFL, And right now they are one of the best teams in the league with the same roster intact. Different year, different team. cincy was 10-6, went unbeaten in division play and obviously won their division last yr, and added TO, Shipley and Gresham, and they are 2-7 right now with a better passing offense than a year ago, yet they cant run the ball anywhere close to the same with the same OL and RBs. wonder why, different team, different year. TCU is a much better passing team than a year ago, and will not be one dimensional again this yr if those same 2 teams met. I hope we get to see this game this yr to find out. Until then, nothing left to discuss on the matter. Its all speculation, and we are giving opinions.

Like I said you just want to argue. how do we know Oregon is better than Boise, Boise kicked their ass last yr. Oregon returns the same team, outside the QB, and this new QB isnt as experienced as Masoli. Pittsburgh last yr didnt make the playoffs in the NFL, And right now they are one of the best teams in the league with the same roster intact. Different year, different team. cincy was 10-6, went unbeaten in division play and obviously won their division last yr, and added TO, Shipley and Gresham, and they are 2-7 right now with a better passing offense than a year ago, yet they cant run the ball anywhere close to the same with the same OL and RBs. wonder why, different team, different year. TCU is a much better passing team than a year ago, and will not be one dimensional again this yr if those same 2 teams met. I hope we get to see this game this yr to find out. Until then, nothing left to discuss on the matter. Its all speculation, and we are giving opinions.

We don't know Oregon is better than BSU. And the fact that BSU continues to get 1st place votes in the AP would illustrate that there are a number of people who do think BSU is better. Listen, I'm not the one saying that BSU would certainly destroy TCU, I'm just not prepared to take your word for the opposite to happen based on the information at hand. I'm simply amused at your certitude on the matter and fact that you want to discount BSU's impressive season as "beating up on crappy teams" while championing TCU's strides despite the fact that they're doing exactly the same thing.

Regardless, as to why you keep bringing up the NFL? That's another oddity. 1) By and large, NFL players are way further along on both their learning curve and physical maturity. So, you don't expect them to get better year to year like you would a college player. And, at some point, you expect them to digress. It's common knowledge in college ball that a team that returns a ton of starters will be better the next year because those players will, themselves be better. It's been the norm for decades and typically pans out pretty well. It is it air tight? Absolutely not, but when a team is good and doesn't lose many or any players, they're typically good the next year as well. Especially one with a coach as good as BSU's.

2) Pro ball is, again, an entirely different animal. Every year for something like the last 8 years, a team that finished last in its division has won the division the following year. I remember Mike and Mike discussing this and, for the life of them, not being able to figure out who among the list of 8 last place teams had a chance. Well, look at Tampa. Hell, look at KC (sort of). Compared to college ball, it's night and day. Who wins the Big 12? Either OU or Texas. Maybe someone else, but not often. Who wins the Big 10? OSU. Maybe someone else, but you can assume it's not going to be about 6-7 of them. SEC? OK, now you've got Bama, FL, LSU, Auburn, maybe GA... but you can be sure it's not Vandy, Miss, Miss St, Kentucky, or (lately) Tenn.

The two are so different, I have no idea at all why you bother to bring them up.

I've been involved with Wildcat and monetary bets, all monies were paid in a timely manner. This thread is a trainwreck, sad really. So much so wrong in one place, the pettiness, the name-calling, the anger and hate. Really sucks, you guys should all take a step back and re-evaluate things, seriously.

Anywho, just my 2 cents. You guys aren't going to resolve anything if this continues........

agreed - unfortunately par for the course for Brent who has burned thru so many user names and people on here it is pretty sad.

and fwiw it wasn't ever about paying or not paying a bet - the bet never happened based on info brought to my attention. I gave the dude every chance to keep it private and he wouldn't let it go and called me out as a welcher so the gloves came off

We don't know Oregon is better than BSU. And the fact that BSU continues to get 1st place votes in the AP would illustrate that there are a number of people who do think BSU is better. Listen, I'm not the one saying that BSU would certainly destroy TCU, I'm just not prepared to take your word for the opposite to happen based on the information at hand. I'm simply amused at your certitude on the matter and fact that you want to discount BSU's impressive season as "beating up on crappy teams" while championing TCU's strides despite the fact that they're doing exactly the same thing.

Regardless, as to why you keep bringing up the NFL? That's another oddity. 1) By and large, NFL players are way further along on both their learning curve and physical maturity. So, you don't expect them to get better year to year like you would a college player. And, at some point, you expect them to digress. It's common knowledge in college ball that a team that returns a ton of starters will be better the next year because those players will, themselves be better. It's been the norm for decades and typically pans out pretty well. It is it air tight? Absolutely not, but when a team is good and doesn't lose many or any players, they're typically good the next year as well. Especially one with a coach as good as BSU's.

2) Pro ball is, again, an entirely different animal. Every year for something like the last 8 years, a team that finished last in its division has won the division the following year. I remember Mike and Mike discussing this and, for the life of them, not being able to figure out who among the list of 8 last place teams had a chance. Well, look at Tampa. Hell, look at KC (sort of). Compared to college ball, it's night and day. Who wins the Big 12? Either OU or Texas. Maybe someone else, but not often. Who wins the Big 10? OSU. Maybe someone else, but you can assume it's not going to be about 6-7 of them. SEC? OK, now you've got Bama, FL, LSU, Auburn, maybe GA... but you can be sure it's not Vandy, Miss, Miss St, Kentucky, or (lately) Tenn.

The two are so different, I have no idea at all why you bother to bring them up.

You want the two to be so different, but that simply isnt the case. There are so many examples of teams in college improving over night from season to season, or falling off the face of the earth with the same talent returning. The difference between TCU and boise, is neither of these 2 schools play a tough schedule for us to find out their teams strengths and weaknesses, as they simply out talent every team they face usually by their second string,.

Nebraska and Wisky most likely win their conference, neither of which you named above, and with the SEC, you named 5 of the 12, and South Carolina is in the SEC Champ game, though Im not sure they beat Auburn. So there is another chance someone you didnt name comes through. its not quiet as open and shut as you want everyone to think.

And did you ever think its night and day in the NFL because the coaching turnover there is so much greater than the big schools you want to name here. Tampa, and KC have 2nd year coaches, who are turning those teams around. Explain Tomlin and the 9-7 Steelers, and you get my point in college. Same team as 2 yrs ago, (Super Bowl ) - last yr (9-7) and this yr (one of the best in football again), though last yr they sucked. Texas and FLA are obvious why they are not the same as a year ago, they lost Heisman Contending QBs and the offenses havent looked the same since. But Alabama which returns its same offense from a year ago, looks nothing like it did last yr. same QB, RBs and WRs, as well as OL. While LSU looks much much better than it did from a year ago, again with the same talent.

You want the two to be so different, but that simply isnt the case. There are so many examples of teams in college improving over night from season to season, or falling off the face of the earth with the same talent returning. The difference between TCU and boise, is neither of these 2 schools play a tough schedule for us to find out their teams strengths and weaknesses, as they simply out talent every team they face usually by their second string,.

Nebraska and Wisky most likely win their conference, neither of which you named above, and with the SEC, you named 5 of the 12, and South Carolina is in the SEC Champ game, though Im not sure they beat Auburn. So there is another chance someone you didnt name comes through. its not quiet as open and shut as you want everyone to think.

And did you ever think its night and day in the NFL because the coaching turnover there is so much greater than the big schools you want to name here. Tampa, and KC have 2nd year coaches, who are turning those teams around. Explain Tomlin and the 9-7 Steelers, and you get my point in college. Same team as 2 yrs ago, (Super Bowl ) - last yr (9-7) and this yr (one of the best in football again), though last yr they sucked. Texas and FLA are obvious why they are not the same as a year ago, they lost Heisman Contending QBs and the offenses havent looked the same since. But Alabama which returns its same offense from a year ago, looks nothing like it did last yr. same QB, RBs and WRs, as well as OL. While LSU looks much much better than it did from a year ago, again with the same talent.

#1) Now you're saying that TCU and BSU don't play enough good teams for us to determine their strengths and weaknesses. You realize that actually makes my point. See, I'm not the one making claims that one is markedly better than the other this year. I'm saying there's simply not enough evidence to support your claim that TCU would house BSU. And you just said the same thing.

#2) I left room for the occasional party crasher in college conferences, so showing that Wisky or Neb or SC might win their conferences doesn't dispute the argument that there is simply not the year to year parity and change at the top that happens in the NFL. Tell me you're not trying to argue otherwise. The last 5 years the Big 10 champ has been OSU (twice they tied Penn St) and they're right in the mix this year. The last 6 years the Big 12 Champ has been Texas or OU. South Carolina may take home the SEC but if they did, it would be for the first time ever. Meanwhile Kentucky hasn't had a taste since the 70s, Miss hasn't since the 60s, and it just goes back from there. Southern Cal has won or shared the Pac 10 every year since 2002 save last year. The ACC and Big East are a bit less predictable. Then again, that could be explained more by mediocrity than parity, because it's not like anyone has gone on to do much in the BCS (save run a sad-sack OU team out of a BCS game :wacko: ). Then again, Va Tech has won the thing half the years they've been in the ACC.

Now, compare that to the NFL. Since the NFC South was formed the last place team one year has gone on to win the division the next year six out of 7 times. Three of the four teams in the NFC East have won the division twice in the last 6 years. Same with the NFC North. AFC North is close with 3 of its 4 teams having won it twice within the last 7 years. In the last 6 years, 26 of the 32 teams have gone to the play-offs. That's parity. You simply can't say that about college. Why does this happen? Because the difference between the worst teams and the best teams simply aren't that big. The whole "any given Sunday" bit? They didn't just make that up. It's why you never see 30 pt lines on NFL games yet you see them for in-conference games in college. So a team like Pittsburgh can win the super bowl and the very next year can have a few bad breaks and finish out of the play-offs the next. Actually, it happens all the time. But that has nothing to do with college.

So no, I'm not pretending that the NFL and college are different, I'm looking at the facts, and the facts say they absolutely are.

Does an occasional team fail to live up to hype surrounding returning starters? Sure. However, I'd wager that we don't see the whole picture because we only know some of the names. So a team returns it's stud QB and a few marquee players but loses half of the no-names that propped them up and everyone is shocked when they're not as good. And sure, sometimes the exact same team just doesn't put it together the next year. But it does happen rarely enough that we're surprised. And let's not fool ourselves. It's not like Bama is 6-5. They didn't go from NC Champ to sucking in one year. They've dropped 2 games (so far) in the SEC. Everyone talked about what a messed up schedule they had. Remember the SC game was their 3rd game in a row against a conference foe that had a week off to prepare for them. Everyone was pointing to that stretch saying they were going to drop one of those 3.

You can't take what happens all the time in one league (the NFL) and say that, since it happens every now and then in another (NCAA D-1) that they're the same.

I went to TCU.

I'm not sure if TCU would beat BSU in BSU, but I think they'd beat them in FW. Neutral site? Maybe. Call it 51/49.

Would either team win a round-robin with Oregon and Auburn? I think that both would have a good shot to do so.

Still holding out hope for a TCU / BSU national championship game. :fingerscrossed:

I went to TCU.

I'm not sure if TCU would beat BSU in BSU, but I think they'd beat them in FW. Neutral site? Maybe. Call it 51/49.

Would either team win a round-robin with Oregon and Auburn? I think that both would have a good shot to do so.

Still holding out hope for a TCU / BSU national championship game. :fingerscrossed:

TCU is garbage!! they only beat SDSU by 5!!! :wacko:

TCU/Boise would be beautiful

at this point any combo of Oregon/Aub/TCU/Boise is about as good as we can hope for