[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suh's attemps XP

buddahj

I was just about to post this - what's up there?

Last Play: N.Suh extra point is No Good, Hit Right Upright, Center-D.Muhlbach, Holder-N.Harris.

T. Pryce ran into Hanson on the extra point and Hanson is injured. They showed him kicking into the net on the sidelines and he was in obvious pain and put on his hat and laid on the ground. N. Harris tried the kickoff and had a horrible kick. Suh may get more attempts if the Lions score again.

In other PK news, NEP Gostkowski was also apparently hurt today (the game announcers just mentioned it, I did not notice the play while watching on TV) so I guess the Patriots are without a PK for the rest of the day as well. They are going to have Welker kick the XP.

E2A - Welker's kick is good !

The best thing he's done for me in weeks, LOL.

Edited by ts

Apparently, Suh is the Lions backup PK and he "practices" place kicks. I've not heard elaboration on this.

The scenario was this. Hanson goes down on a FG attempt from the 3. First and goal at the 1. Stafford scores on next play.

The Schwartz trots out Suh without a warmup. Suh doinks it off the upright. Turned out to be a hugh deal - the Jets kick a FG at the end of the game to tie.

The Schwartz fell down on the job IMO: 1) for not having Suh start warming up right after Hanson went down. He could have warmed up for a minute or 2 before the kick; and 2) he could have called a timeout to allow Suh time/additional time to warm up.

OR he could have left his offense in and tried a 2 pt conversion.

So I guess the questions are: 1) does a cold Suh have a better chance to score than the Lions offense?; 2) does a warmed up Suh have a better chance to score than the Lions offense?

The Schwartz is getting a pass so far in Detroit on this.

:wacko:

Edited by Furd

This was a bonehead coaching move and it ended up costing the Lions a win.

That being said, I feel this whole organization is learning how to win. That includes the coaching staff. I still think the team and fans are in shock when it is the fourth quarter and they are winning. 50+ years of losing will do that to you. The Lions are moving in the right direction. I am willing to give the coach a pass on this, but I hope everyone learns from it.

This was a bonehead coaching move and it ended up costing the Lions a win.

That being said, I feel this whole organization is learning how to win. That includes the coaching staff. I still think the team and fans are in shock when it is the fourth quarter and they are winning. 50+ years of losing will do that to you. The Lions are moving in the right direction. I am willing to give the coach a pass on this, but I hope everyone learns from it.

Wrong, yes it was a boneheaded coaching move but not running on 3rd and 6 with 1:45 to play and the Jets out of timeouts cost you the game

Edited by G.K.Trey

Still, it made me wonder if there is anything on the football field that Suh cannot do: he is everywhere, and he seems to be engaging in every aspect of the game except for selling hot dogs and beer.

Nope - just saw him in the stands ; he is a stadium vendor, too.

Wrong, yes it was a boneheaded coaching move but not running on 3rd and 6 with 1:45 to play and the Jets out of timeouts cost you the game

So, 2 boneheaded moves cost us the game. I didn't understand trying to throw the ball in that spot with a third string QB in there. You could really tell the coaching staff was not used to being in a position to win a game against a quality opponent.

As I have said before, as a Lions fan, you almost expect this kind of crap to happen. I am hoping someday soon, I will expect something different.....

He's no Jim Marshall - - > In one game against Purdue, Jim Marshall scored all the points to win the game from his tackle position for Ohio State. One touchdown on an intercepted pass another on a fumble and he also kicked both extra points. The game ended with the score 14-0.

Edited by MikesVikes