[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Hillis

buddahj

He is not on any of my fantasy teams, and plays for a division rival of my favorite team, yet, he is still one of my favorite players to watch in the NFL. The guy is ridiculously good.

Hillis on my bench in favor of Charles :wacko:

Seemed a bit of a toss up, but went with Charles as he had been rolling pretty decently. Ugh. Shouldn't cost me the game, although it's not 100% certain, but did cost me presumably 20-odd points (still some time in the KC game).

Rare in my league but with this depth (Foster is my other RB) maybe I can actually get someone to trade.

Edited by CrazyOne

Hillis rampages for 220 yards, 2 TDs in win

Peyton Hillis steamrolled the Patriots defense for a career-high 184 yards and two touchdowns on 29 carries and 36 yards on three receptions in the Browns' 34-14 upset victory in Week 9.

The Pats couldn't handle Hillis' physicality, and he broke tackle after tackle bouncing off defenders like a pinball. His 35-yard stampede to the end zone put the game out of reach for good with three minutes left. Hillis became the first back to clear 100 yards against the Pats this year, and coach Bill Belichick sought him out to shake his hand after the game. Hillis squares off the Jets' shut-down run defense in Week 10. Nov. 7 - 4:18 pm et

Pre-season pickup when Hardesty went down...what a lucky move for me. He is a must start, especially after the game he had against Pittsburgh. Don't sit this guy, and Bear, he is a better play than Mendenhall, don't you think?

I didn't then. I do now.

Had Grant as my RB1 going into the season. After he went down in Week one, with the entire waiver wire going after Jackson, I opted for Hillis, knowing i was too far down in wavers to get Grant's backup.

I have no doubt that Hillis has considerably outperformed what Grant would have done for me this year.

:wacko:

Had Grant as my RB1 going into the season. After he went down in Week one, with the entire waiver wire going after Jackson, I opted for Hillis, knowing i was too far down in wavers to get Grant's backup.

I have no doubt that Hillis has considerably outperformed what Grant would have done for me this year.

:wacko:

You have no doubt? The numbers don't lie. He's killing it. BTW, picked him up off WW cause I couldn't get Jackson too.

Sure glad Denver scuttled that bum...

If you want an indictment of McDaniels' incompetence, it's that he gave Hillis 13 carries and 4 catches the entire last season and then sent him packing for a never-was/never-will-be QB because he was certain Hillis couldn't play in the NFL, much less be capable of helping DEN at RB/FB.

Pre-season pickup when Hardesty went down...what a lucky move for me. He is a must start, especially after the game he had against Pittsburgh. Don't sit this guy, and Bear, he is a better play than Mendenhall, don't you think?

Exactly, he could have been a bust and is now a definite start each week. My team is rolling with him now.

well said. Even in Pittsburgh in Colt McCoy's first start (an impossible matchup) he put up 15 ppr points. That game alone sealed it for me.

Yep, he was on my bench in favor of LT....and for violating this statute, I will go down tonight for sure with Mendenhall and Ward needing only 30 pts combined to send me packing!

Still shaking my head that I not only ignored Hillis on draft day but that he sat on the WW almost two weeks and I scoffed. Oh, how I chuckled at the idea of Hillis being any more than a low value bye week scrub, and how my RB corps of Grant, McCoy, DWill, and Pierre Thomas was going to march me right to the FF Super Bowl.

Out of that crew, only McCoy has been a winner, and even he had the fractured rib that cost him half a game and made me leery to start him the first week back. If only I had recognized what a giant among men Peyton Hillis truly is: hell, the first name of "Peyton" should have been enough of a signal, but I was too blinded to see.

(historymike falls to the ground, rends his garments, and gnashes his teeth as he sends plaintive pleas to the heavens)