[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collie is out cold.

CaptainHook

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was more upset with Samuel running around throwing his hands up and yelling at the refs around Collie's limp body.

It wasn't a cheap shot but I agree with this comment on Samuel. I understand why he thinks the call was wrong but he is practically jumping over Collie as he laid motionless on the field. A bit disrespectful IMO.

you're wrong on this one. incidental facemasks are no longer called. only if it is a personal foul

are you serious, you can't be that stupid. They did get rid of incidental facemasks, but now all facemasks penalties are 15 yards. This isn't even up for debate since it's a frickin rule.

you're wrong on this one. incidental facemasks are no longer called. only if it is a personal foul

i am not wrong...all facemask penalties that are called are 15 yard penalties.

Article 5 No player shall twist, turn, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction.

Penalty: For twisting, turning, or pulling the mask: Loss of 15 yards. A personal foul. The

player may be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be of a flagrant

nature.

Edited by keggerz

could have been a flag on sims for touching manning's helmet :oldrolleyes:

and just like that they get cole the next play :wacko:

by the rules that's the right call but that's ridiculous he barely touches his helmet, it wasn't even a blow to the head.

are you serious, you can't be that stupid. They did get rid of incidental facemasks, but now all facemasks penalties are 15 yards. This isn't even up for debate since it's a frickin rule.

obviously you are this stupid. If a hand touches a facemask, but there is no pulling, it's not called! The colts players hand brushed the facemask. he did not grasp it. His head didn't even move. It wasn't a missed call. it's a no call.

Edited by CaptainHook

Exactly. Facemask was not twisted, pulled, or turned. It was incidental, and was not called. Minor facemasks are no longer called.

BTW, McCoy's facemask was pulled. Was he tackled by the facemask? No. Did the defender pull on the facemask? Yes. Maybe not that hard but a rule is a rule just like the "blow" to Manning's helmet. If you call one you have to call the other.

BTW, McCoy's facemask was pulled. Was he tackled by the facemask? No. Did the defender pull on the facemask? Yes. Maybe not that hard but a rule is a rule just like the "blow" to Manning's helmet. If you call one you have to call the other.

Tell that to Mike Hart that almost got his head twisted off on MNF last week and it wasn't called. Quit being a baby. No way do you get that call there. If they don't twist your head or pull you down by the facemask, it doesn't get called any more. Geez. These are the same guys crying about the Collie hit not deserving a penalty, but wanting a 15 yard facemask for that? You gotta be kidding. :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

Tell that to Mike Hart that almost got his head twisted off on MNF last week and it wasn't called. Quit being a baby. No way do you get that call there. If they don't twist your head or pull you down by the facemask, it doesn't get called any more. Geez. These are the same guys crying about the Collie hit wanting a 15 yard facemask for that? You gotta be kidding. :wacko:

when you see a "conversion" on 4th and 18 due to what equated to a hi-five on the helmet, you want to see it called both ways. while calls were poor for both teams, seemed like indy benefited from them much more in this game.

Tell that to Mike Hart that almost got his head twisted off on MNF last week and it wasn't called. Quit being a baby. No way do you get that call there. If they don't twist your head or pull you down by the facemask, it doesn't get called any more. Geez. These are the same guys crying about the Collie hit not deserving a penalty, but wanting a 15 yard facemask for that? You gotta be kidding. :wacko:

Actually this was in response to your defense of the Collie call. The refs make the Collie call but fail to call a facemask in open field right in front of the ref. I don't mind bad call from time to time as long as they are consistent for both sides. I saw Vick get pulled down well after he was out of bounds with no call then Peyton has a hand glance off his helmet and it is called.

Also, IIRC Vick was involved in a very similar hit against the Redskins that knocked him out for a few weeks. Funny thing is that there was no penalty called for that hit.

I've watched it multiple times now. Like I've said several times, not a cheap shot. But he leads with the CROWN of his helmet. Does Collie get knocked into him? Yep. But if his head wasn't down, and he was coming in with his head up, I don't think it gets called. I think the ref saw the helmets collide, saw Collie go down, and with all the "emphasis" on it, threw the flag.

I also think the carrying on by the Eagles players around Collie as he lay on the turf was classless. It only served to incite the crowd, booing as Collie lay motionless on the field.

FWIW, the personal foul on Cole against Manning was flat terrible. I thought they got rid of that ticky-tack head shot thing?

The facemask should never be called. It was incidental and did not deserve a personal foul.

Actually this was in response to your defense of the Collie call. The refs make the Collie call but fail to call a facemask in open field right in front of the ref. I don't mind bad call from time to time as long as they are consistent for both sides. I saw Vick get pulled down well after he was out of bounds with no call then Peyton has a hand glance off his helmet and it is called.

Now who's the homer? Keg already posted the rule. Clearly the facemask did not fall into that category. Dawson released Vick out of bounds, and Vick TRIPPED over the down marker and went down. What were you watching?