[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone here ever lose by 1 or less point

ttwarrior4

Here you go:

http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2006/home/23241

I won $10,000 that year when Jerricho Cotchery caught a 31 yard touchdown pass that was reversed and then on the next play he caught it again for a touchdown. And I had to sweat out the next 8 minutes because he had Laveranues Coles in the same game.

I ended up winning the four week playoff 736.74 to 736.30.

He lost out on $10K for the want of 0.44 points over four weeks.

The worst loss I experienced was actually my first year playing fantasy football. It was 5 years ago, during the 2005 season. It was week 16 and I made the championship game in my first year of playing. I remember it was the last game of our fantasy season. The Bears rolled into town to play Brett Favre and the Pack on Christmas Day @ 4:00. My opponent had Donald Driver left and that was it. All of my players finished playing. We had no other players on the Monday night game (which was the 26th) and I was ahead by 9 points (89-80) going into the game. I had no players and knew that if Donald Driver scored 10 points or more, I'd lose the championship. Anyway, majority of the game goes by and Driver is quiet. I was practically glued to my Aunt's television set watching the whole game, btw. The 2 minute warning went by and it was 24-17 Bears over the Packers. Driver had exactly 6 points so I was up 89-86. Anyway, it gets to be under a minute left in the game, and Favre starts out a drive from their own 20 or so. There's about 30 seconds left in the game and Donald Driver catches a 40 yard pass!! I instantly went down 90-89, and that bum Favre immediately throws a pick right after the dagger. I was STUNNED. I lost the championship by one point in the last 30 seconds of the game.

Not by .1 but almost as much.

My opponent yesterday...that miss by Shipley cost him the game.

Lake Superior Ojibwa 198.36

NY/NJ Metrostars 197.73

:wacko: I needed that win from you

In the same league same week I won by .28

We don't allow ties in either of the leagues I commission. We also decided years ago that bench points being the tie breaker was a crap tiebreaker. Why should you get credit for points on your bench? So we made the tiebreakers: Total TDs on active roster, Highest fantasy score for a player on your active roster, coin flip.

A buddy of mine in our main league lost on the first tiebreaker twice and second tiebreaker once all this season. I have never seen anything like it.

An owner in the other league I commish, same tiebreak rules, lost a tie this week to the 2nd tiebreak rule. TO outscored Arian Foster by 1 point.. PPR league.. He was FUMING. He thought bench points decided the tie.. I said, "know the league rules jerky.. It's right there in the constitution."

:wacko: