[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Charles

kevinkris

I have not been able to watch many KC games due to living in Canada and not having the nfl network. I am just curious as to why they keep giving the ball to jones so many times a game, when by loooking at the stats it would seem Charles is the much better back?

If anyone can please shed some light who watches the games let me know

Quick question: What team is leading the NFL in rushing yards per game, over 17 yards per game more than the next team?

Can you imagine how far ahead they would be of the next team down if Charles was the main man? Shows that Haley really is more of an idiot than we all thought.

who cares that they lead the nfl in rushing?

the last 2 games they went to overtime against the bills and raiders. and should have lost both.

maybe if you play the guy who averages over 6 yards a carry your offense will move the ball a bit better and possibly score touchdowns. both jones and charles have 5 tds on the year...not good. haley is an idiot. why jones is not a change of pace back to charles i have no clue. why not spell charles with jones as opposed to the other way around?

how much could charles change the game if he got 20 carries to jones 10 or 12? how is haley the only one who does not see it? jones has something over haley no doubt!!!!

who cares that they lead the nfl in rushing?

the last 2 games they went to overtime against the bills and raiders. and should have lost both.

maybe if you play the guy who averages over 6 yards a carry your offense will move the ball a bit better and possibly score touchdowns. both jones and charles have 5 tds on the year...not good. haley is an idiot. why jones is not a change of pace back to charles i have no clue. why not spell charles with jones as opposed to the other way around?

how much could charles change the game if he got 20 carries to jones 10 or 12? how is haley the only one who does not see it? jones has something over haley no doubt!!!!

I guess Haley says that Jones is better at blocking or something. Since their passing game sucks and Charles is the only one who can get them down the field I'm not sure why this matters.

Charles holds the ball out a little, it seems and he looks like he could fumble at any moment. Is he a fumbler? maybe he fumbles in practice :wacko:

They've both fumbled once this year, but Charles's fumble week 4 was a turnover and Jones's fumble week 9 was recovered by the Chiefs, so I guess that means Charles deserves to be a second stringer in Haley's eyes.

They've both fumbled once this year, but Charles's fumble week 4 was a turnover and Jones's fumble week 9 was recovered by the Chiefs, so I guess that means Charles deserves to be a second stringer in Haley's eyes.

But Jones averaged 1.7 YPC on 19 attempts while Charles averaged 5.3 YPC on 15 attempts. They need to get the ball in their big play maker!

I am a disgruntled Charles owner, but also a Chiefs fan. My take is that Haley is trying to make damn sure Charles stays healthy. It seems to me that he is inclined to go heavy with Jones early in the game, when the defense is fresh. The problem is, Jones lack of production compared to Charles means the Chiefs are having too many 3 and out drives early in games.

I suspected that Haley would slowly morph in the direction of getting Charles involved earlier and more often as the season wore on, and defenses begin to wear down. And if you look at his philosophy (assuming I am right) it has paid off. Charles has stayed healthy, and the Chiefs are atop the division.

I think from this point forward there is a very good chance that Charles will be featured more. Maybe just wishful thinking, but I think this has all been a part of the team's plan, and those that invested in Charles for their fantasy teams will be richly rewarded down the stretch.

per sportsline :wacko:

Jamaal Charles, RB KC

News: The condition of RB Jamaal Charles will be a major topic of discussion on Wednesday when the Chiefs return to practice. Coach Todd Haley admitted on Monday that Charles had to come out of the game against Oakland in Week 9 several times because of physical problems that he would not describe.

Analysis: There are a ton of viable Fantasy RBs that are battling injuries and we don't need another high-end option like Charles going on the injury report. While he has shared carries with Thomas Jones this season, Charles has done a phenomenal job keeping himself as a top Fantasy RB. If he is healthy for Week 10 against Denver, then he is a clearly a must-start Fantasy option. But if he is not at 100 percent, then he could end up being an injury-risk option. Stay tuned for further updates throughout the week.

I remember he did land awkwardly at one point, but I can't remember the particulars. I didn't think much of it at the time because he came back in a few plays later.

As I recall he was limping slightly after one play.

He did, it looked like he fell on the ball or something after a screen that got them in the red zone. He left and came back in.

I have not been able to watch many KC games due to living in Canada and not having the nfl network. I am just curious as to why they keep giving the ball to jones so many times a game, when by loooking at the stats it would seem Charles is the much better back?

If anyone can please shed some light who watches the games let me know

Hey Kev my fellow Canuck. I've watched every Chiefs game this year. As CD said you have to look at the big picture; Keeping both backs fresh, and wearing down defenses as the game goes on. Jones is not a good option when the Chiefs are trailing but very reliable at moving the sticks when holding a lead. Forget fantasy, they are 5-3 (6-2 without that garbage PI call Flowers had on AJ) so the formula is working.

I remember he did land awkwardly at one point, but I can't remember the particulars. I didn't think much of it at the time because he came back in a few plays later.

As I recall he was limping slightly after one play.

Most people are thinking he hurt his shoulder on the hard hit he took. Considering he finished it looks like he avoided a 'stafford'.