[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 Team leagues PLEASE READ

Phazool

I am the commish of a 12 team league. We have been in playing together for 3 years. We have a Standard PPR league.

The reason for this post is to see how many playoff teams most 12 team leagues have. We currently have 4 but I am trying to convince my league to expand it to 6. So far more than half the league agrees but I want everyone to be on board. I don't want some guys angry about the change.

One of the owners who disagreed with the expansion posted this as his reasoning: "

in a 12 team league a .500 team should not make the playoffs and no way half of the teams in the league should. it makes the regular season much less important when 6/12 make the playoffs

whatever the reason for your record at the end of the year, the teams who performed best in a 14 week regular season should get the chance to win money"

I would like to know from my fellow huddlers if having 6 teams is against the norm. Please reply with how many teams you have make the playoffs in YOUR 12 team league. Thanks.

I am the commish of a 12 team league. We have been in playing together for 3 years. We have a Standard PPR league.

The reason for this post is to see how many playoff teams most 12 team leagues have. We currently have 4 but I am trying to convince my league to expand it to 6. So far more than half the league agrees but I want everyone to be on board. I don't want some guys angry about the change.

One of the owners who disagreed with the expansion posted this as his reasoning: "

in a 12 team league a .500 team should not make the playoffs and no way half of the teams in the league should. it makes the regular season much less important when 6/12 make the playoffs

whatever the reason for your record at the end of the year, the teams who performed best in a 14 week regular season should get the chance to win money"

I would like to know from my fellow huddlers if having 6 teams is against the norm. Please reply with how many teams you have make the playoffs in YOUR 12 team league. Thanks.

Dash-4 has six playoff teams. However, this league, which has been in existence for 11 years, is a free league. Six teams in the playoffs keeps everyone's interest. Typically, most teams are still mathematically alive going into our last regular season game (the last regular season game is a double header).

I've been in a $$ league that also had 6 playoff teams, but we also gave $$ out for the top scorer.

I'm in two 12-team leagues. One's a dynasty where six teams make the playoffs. The other is a local where I'm commissioner. Last year was the first time we had 12 teams. Six teams made the playoffs. This year we switched things up (from a suggestion I got last year on this board). Three divisions: Each of the division winners plus a wildcard makes the "championship round," so four teams advance for the big money. Middle four teams compete to win their entry fee back. Bottom four compete for the toilet bowl. We'll see how it goes, but currently, one of the division leaders is the seventh-best team.