[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miles Austin

stei0405

Picked up Miles Austin off the waivers last year and loved watching him redefine what a Dallas receiver should look like. Big Play ability, great YAC and has wonderful hands. Seemed like the real dea, I kept him as part of a two person keeper.

Dallas drafts Dez Bryant, Tony Romo breaks his collarbone, Jon Kitna seems to have a connection with Dez Bryant, Miles Austin seems to be having slippery fingers issues.....

It seems to go on and on. The question I have is what does Miles look like the rest of the season? Is he still a legit WR1 or has he fallen further? Should he be benched, dropped?

Austin seems to have more drops than most other WRs. His hands do come into question.

I think it's the changing QB thing. Kitna has had more time to work with Bryant (since Austin & Williams were running 1st team with Romo for a good part) and appears to be more comfortable with him. QB changes can affect WR performance more than almost any other variable.

Look at a guy like Maclin. When Kolb is the QB, he averages around 9 targets a game. With Vick at QB Maclin drops off to 6 targets a game, because Vick clearly favors Jackson. That's a significant difference in opportunity. I think we may be looking at something similar in DAL with Austin & Bryant.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Austin seems to have more drops than most other WRs. His hands do come into question.

I think it's the changing QB thing.

It's more than that. When he started putting up HUGE clunkers I stopped starting him, despite most here going "oh he's still a must start!" - not - IMO he'll continue to be erratic as hell.

if you can't trade him for something of value, I would bench him if possible and wait patiently for these games:

week 11 vs Lions (22 vs.pass)

week 15 vs redskins (30 vs pass)

week 16 at Cardinals (27th vs pass)

Any playoff bound team needs to think about those final 2 matchups before parting ways with Miles.