[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pennington in, Henne out

MTSuper7

Pennington has always gotten a bad rap, but he's been a pretty good NFL QB. In 2008 he led a pretty mediocre Miami team to an 11-5 record and a playoff appearance. He has a career QB rating of just over 90, a W-L record as a starter of 43-37 and a completion % of 66. His 102 to 64 TD/INT ratio isn't great, but not terrible either. Classic game manager QB.

Bess = Coles? I like Bess with Pennington and Marshall will mesh with Penny's experience. I imagine Penny gets one start or two to give Henne some insight from another perspective.

I'd say I trust them pretty equally given the state of the Phins offense. Which is saying a lot considering Henne has only started 21 games.

I guess they had to pin this on someone but when I watch the Phins offense I see an offense limited by play-calling and personnel decisions...two things Henne has nothing to do with. An offense with zero identity. A great example was the Phins opening drive @BAL. Brown does well, Henne does just ok, they convert three 3rd downs ending in a TD. Ride the hot hand? Nope. On comes Williams. Nada. Ravens eat up a bunch of time on their possessions. Then MIA goes pass wacky. 6 of the 11 rushes by Ronnie/Ricky happened on their first drive in a game they didn't trail by more than two scores until the 54th minute.

At the core of this problem is their idiotic RBBC. Ronnie and Ricky are similar but they certainly aren't mirror images which means the game plan (pass plays, protections, and run schemes) changes almost every possession. It's one thing if the split were productive but it's not. This isn't a run oriented team. If they were run oriented, they'd commit to the run--or at least commit to a RB that can do all the things they want to do on offense. But...they'd actually have to decide what they want to do on offense first.

I have believed that Henning is the worst OC in the NFL for a long time now. He should just go back to being a QB coach. I absolutely hated the guy when he was with the Jets. He never found an offensive identity for the Jets either. But, let me ask this:

Will Pennington have more responsability for calling audibles and changing plays than Henne had? I don't know, but I would think so. That right there might help the Miami offense. I also tend to think that having been announced the starter, Pennington will have more input into the game plan. Pennington, should he chose to, will be a good QB coach in the NFL some day. He has also been with Henning a long time, first with the Jets and now with the Phins.

The guy they should of benched was Dan Henning. His play calling is a friggin joke. This another dumb move by a regime that makes dumb moves a theme to live by. The end of the Parcells era can't come soon enough. I hope C arl Peterson can come in and get the Dolphins a decent HC with some kind of plan in place. This was just a waste.

Why the hell does the filter not allow you to say the word "C arl"? I mean, really???? Stupid.

Edited by 'canes2004

The guy they should of benched was Dan Henning. His play calling is a friggin joke. This another dumb move by a regime that makes dumb moves a theme to live by. The end of the Parcells era can't come soon enough. I hope C arl Peterson can come in and get the Dolphins a decent HC with some kind of plan in place. This was just a waste.

Why the hell does the filter not allow you to say the word "C arl"? I mean, really???? Stupid.

I guess C arl now known as "I'M A TOOL" got fired. I believe he used to do site maintenance here. Must have left on bad terms.

Edited by Rovers