[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers to start RB Mike Goodson

JUMbotron

You think he is gonna come in and do something... ANYTHING... that either DWill or JStew couldnt do? Really?

That team screams crap all around.

It definitely does. However, if your taking a flier on someone, Goodson could surprise. If it's a PPR and yardage heavy, he may not score but could get some good all purpose yards. He plays fast. Not big or rumbling kind of guy, but definitely plays fast. If they can get him to the corner he might be okay.

You think he is gonna come in and do something... ANYTHING... that either DWill or JStew couldnt do? Really?

Goodson isn't DeAngelo or Stewart. That's not his game. And I'm not claiming that he will be the clone of either. That doesn't preclude him from being able to put up some numbers and help teams that need a RB right now, or in large leagues.

Goodson had been compared favorably to Reggie Bush when he was coming into the league. When CAR drafted him, I saw them trying to recreate a Thomas/Bush RBBC scenario, with either Williams or Stewart playing the Thomas role.

The guys has a serious case of the quicks, and he catches very well out of the backfield. He's a guy you use to press the edge and to get mismatches in coverage out of the backfield - just like where Bush's game is. He's not a between-the-tackle masher and isn't going to get you the tougher grind-it-out yards, just like Bush. He is a guy who when he gets to the second level can get it into a different gear and break off long runs. He needs some space to operate at his optimum.

More importantly, with all the injuries in the CAR backfield, he's going to touch the ball a significant amount of times. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a 14 rushes for 50 yds, 6 catches for 40 yds, and 1 TD type of day from him - and don't overlook that he's matched up against a very weak TB run D.

He'll be getting ALL the touches in the backfield, which neither of the other guys have been able to say. In PPR, he'll probably be a very good play.

It definitely does. However, if your taking a flier on someone, Goodson could surprise. If it's a PPR and yardage heavy, he may not score but could get some good all purpose yards. He plays fast. Not big or rumbling kind of guy, but definitely plays fast. If they can get him to the corner he might be okay.

Crazier things have happened. I know that whenever I catch a glimpse of Goodson he's showing football speed, really urgent.

I've been trying to get my WCOFF team to go for him since before our draft. unfortunately, never could find a roster spot for him. Now we won;t be able to bid enugh for him. Of course, we don;t need the RB help, but have had a feeling he would do well if ever given a shot.

I've been trying to get my WCOFF team to go for him since before our draft. unfortunately, never could find a roster spot for him. Now we won;t be able to bid enugh for him. Of course, we don;t need the RB help, but have had a feeling he would do well if ever given a shot.

We had the foresight and expertise to draft him for our WCOFF team. All he has to do is score about 75-100 points each of the next two weeks and we'll make the playoffs!

I might pick him up but would have to drop Torrian or Blount to do it....

i wouldnt drop two starters (blount or torrain) for a bye week filler, on a LOUSY team.....yeah, his match up is good this week, but if Deangelo or Stewart get healthy, back to the bench.....

I did grab him and with the uncertainity in the AZ backfield (Beanie's knee....Hightower fumbles), and who gets the ball this week, I'm going the high risk/possilby high reward route and starting Goodson...

Like someone else stated, he should get most if not all of the carries, and probably targeted by Clausen coming out of the bacfield...

Its not like im benching AP for him....just beanie or hightower!

My WCOFF RBs...

D-Will-ankle

Addai-shoulder

M Bush-bye

Sproles-bye

Hart-ankle

M Moore-concussion

Redman-concussion

Hightower-Cardinal

It appears I am down to 1 usable rb this week, i was ecstatic last night to find out my $30 bid was good enough to get Goodson and no one outbid me. (also got Javaris James for $4)

In PPR Goodson has been scoring 7-8 pts most weeks which is pretty close to what D-Will had been putting up. He should easily be able to hit double digits in points if he is playing all 3 downs. At this point I'll take that!

I gotta chose between him and Brown as a fill in from the WW this week. I thought Brown would be the easy choice but after reading the hype I'm not sure which way to go?

same here. being a deangelo owner i quickly picked up goodson. brown is also available but i would have to drop mbush to pick him up. not sure who to keep.

espn projects goodson only 3 points while projecting brown 15.