[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF biggest busts?

BeeR

Without even looking at stats but general impression offhand (PS excluding injury)

QB - Schaub

RB - Rice, Greene

WR - Moss, Marshall, A Johnson

TE - Gonzo

D, PK - whatever

Really, seriously?

AJ ranks 11th in WR points scored and is 7th in PPG (16.7)...hardly what I would call a bust...even if he was the consensus #1 WR.

and Marshall ranks 18th in WR points and 19th in PPG (13.8) might consider it slightly disappointing but far from bust

EDIT: The above is based on .75 PPR

Edited by keggerz

B. Marshall is sort of busting lately, especially if you took him in the 2nd round like many people.

T. Gonzalez is the 9th or 10th rated TE in any scoring system. He's lacked a little punch, sure, but some got him in the 7th round. No bust there.

I think Ryan Mathews is the kind of massive bust that people will never forget. DeAngelo too, although people will forget 2010 quickly if he ends up with Green Bay or Miami or New England next year.

Pierre Thomas, Brent Celek, and Beanie Wells.

I drafted all three of them in every league that I participated in this year.

Pierre Thomas was hella good before he got hurt. I wouldn't call him a bust by any means.

The other two were not high picks... so I wouldn't consider them bust unless you took them in say round 3.

Carolina Steve Smith has got to be up there, he was a third or fourth rounder.

Also surprised no one has mentioned Shonn Greene since he was a first rounder/early second rounder.

And don't forget that Ronnie Brown and Jonathan Stewart were usually third or fourth rounders too.

Carolina Steve Smith has got to be up there, he was a third or fourth rounder.

Also surprised no one has mentioned Shonn Greene since he was a first rounder/early second rounder.

And don't forget that Ronnie Brown and Jonathan Stewart were usually third or fourth rounders too.

greene was in the intial post under RB 'busts'...!

greene was in the intial post under RB 'busts'...!

But Greene is about to be the second half stud that many of us were hoping he would be. I was happy to stach him away, waiting for his day. Now he will be solid for my playoff run...

Oh, and for keeper leagues. Greene is a brilliant buy low guy for a keeper unless you league cost a draft pick when he was drafted. Since he went pretty high in most leagues, he might be cheaper to try and pick him up in the draft.

Edited by BearBroncos

I don't understand the perception that Rice is a bust. Sure, the touchdowns haven't been there but he is getting the yardage. He scored 18 points for me last week - I'll take that any day of the week. There are WAY more players that are much more worthy of the bust tag than Ray Rice.

I don't understand the perception that Rice is a bust. Sure, the touchdowns haven't been there but he is getting the yardage. He scored 18 points for me last week - I'll take that any day of the week. There are WAY more players that are much more worthy of the bust tag than Ray Rice.

Disagree. Rice was the 4th or 5th player taken in almost every draft (earlier in some). The 18-point game you speak of was I believe his 2nd highest total this season. More games in the single digits than 10+. Your 1st-rounder HAS to be better than that.

Disagree. Rice was the 4th or 5th player taken in almost every draft (earlier in some). The 18-point game you speak of was I believe his 2nd highest total this season. More games in the single digits than 10+. Your 1st-rounder HAS to be better than that.

Maybe I'm not feeling the pinch as much because I did manage to snag Foster so Rice is really my RB2 but Rice's production hasn't made me want to kill myself. In my league, his last 5 games:

5 - 27.90

6 - 12.60

7 - 7.30

8 Bye

9 - 18.00

I'll give you that, he has been dissapointing. For an early first round pick, you'd like better on a more consistent basis, but I don't think he has been a massive bust, either. I'd reserve that tag for say...Greene, Matthews, Williams, Wells, who were all high draft picks and who have underperformed way more than Rice has.

:wacko:

I got sucked into the "Kolb Kult" this year. Thank goodness, it was in only one league.

So did I but fortunately in this league I did the Kob thing, the rules state (only for QB's) the team owner of an injured QB gets first rights to the backup 24 hours after the injury.. Yey Vick.

Yeah, Greene was taken in both of my 12 team ppr leagues in the first and second round....Definately a bust....

No one could have predicted what LT is doing, except the person in one league that took him in the 2nd round....We all laughed at him.....

Rice is the 14th RB in scoring in a ppr league with 1 pt per 10 rush/rec....so, I would not say a bust at all.....

DeAngelo Williams is definately a bust at about the 10th t0 15th RB taken in all leagues.....